Sign in to follow this  
TransporterMalfunction

Major Hayes

Yep...as long as we don't lose Malcomb...Let's keep him.

Yeah of course. I didn't mean to suggest that he should replace Malcolm (as Malcolm is one of the best characters in the show) but that we could keep him on in his current function as he seems to have become a good character in the 3 or 4 episodes that he has been in so far.

I like Hayes as a secondary character, but I also think he could get a few more lines and scenes than he does. I wouldn't mind seeing an episode or two based on his perspective on the mission(s). He's a good character, but I feel that giving him a major role would compromise the premise of the program (science, not war) to some extent. Perhaps he could be promoted when they get back to Earth and take on another role (Section 31 member on the ship or security officer - with Reed as tactical officer).

Yes...Hayes and Reed are great...they have a mutual respect for each other

but would die before admitting it....I think they should build on that...

kind of a McCoy/Spock kind of thing....comedy relief :P

I like Hayes as a secondary character, but I also think he could get a few more lines and scenes than he does.  I wouldn't mind seeing an episode or two based on his perspective on the mission(s).  He's a good character, but I feel that giving him a major role would compromise the premise of the program (science, not war) to some extent.  Perhaps he could be promoted when they get back to Earth and take on another role (Section 31 member on the ship or security officer - with Reed as tactical officer).

Stardate:21276.1

Thats a good thought there.Major Hayes could be the one to start Section 31 when they get back.It makes sense I think :P

Hi Goose,

I wasn't 100% sure about it either. Watching Hayes at work would make for some tense moments on the show where we might see Archer or somebody discovering him with his "hand in the cookie jar" or something.

RSV

I really like the scenes between Reed and Hayes so far, it would be great to see more, but I think the mayor should be left as a reocurring character. He will probably return to earth when the Xindi conflict is resolved.

kind of a McCoy/Spock kind of thing....comedy relief :blush:

I love not only his character in general but the whole Hayes/Malcolm thing that's going on. I hope he doesn't leave the show after this season and that we see much more of him in the future.

kind of a McCoy/Spock kind of thing....comedy relief :lol:

I love not only his character in general but the whole Hayes/Malcolm thing that's going on. I hope he doesn't leave the show after this season and that we see much more of him in the future.

I agree, I'd like to see Major Hayes become a regular character past this season, but I just have a feeling that he's not going to make it out of season 3. Has kind of a redshirt vibe about him. :blush:

Edited by fenriz275

I think they should have a MACO episode, kind of like a "Lower Decks" thing, just because I always like seeing what else is going on on the ship.

Seeing everything from a MACO perspective could be neat, and since the Major is a MACO he'd get some more lines for that episode.

And since I mentioned Major Hayes that means my whole post is relevent so you have to read it!! :flex:

I think my favorite Hayes/Reed moment so far is where they are standing at attention being repromanded by Archer...and Archer leaves and Reed askes " did he dismiss Us?" or something like that.....it was funny!

I think my favorite Hayes/Reed moment  so far is where they are standing at attention being repromanded by Archer...and Archer leaves and Reed askes " did he dismiss Us?" or something like that.....it was funny!

I remember that, yea, it was funny. I think Major Hayes will be around for a while. B)

I love the Reed/Hayes dinamic, but I don't think they'll keep him after Enterprise is done in the expanse. For one, there's no need for it and two, he's as stubborn as Malcolm and wouldn't just pick-up and go to an entirely different lifestyle.

Hayes would be the kind of character who would be good to bring back later on in the series after the Xindi arc, like season 6 or 7.

They might keep Hayes on after Enterprise exits the Expanse. We haven't really been told what's going on outside the Expanse this season. Things between the Vulcans and Andorians don't seem to be going well, for all we know they might be at war next season with Starfleet caught in the middle. Who knows.