Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

Got My solid 4 hours of Sleep,

That's it! Four stinking hours. I deserve better than this! I can fall asleep O.K. but I 'm awake exactly 4 hours later. What is going on here? I feel ok, don't feel tired. Don't feel hungry, EVER. Don't even smoke anymore. Is this the Full Moon thing? Or Spring Fever? Losing weight like crazy. I'm already too thin, somebody help me!!! :o I'm not sick. I feel almost joyus, drugged, extemely happy. What's wrong with me? :o

Everyone wakes up in the middle of the night. Instead of getting up to tell us about it, turn on some soothing music, like classical, and make sure all the lights are off. Also, try drinking a glass of milk. Milk always helps me get back to sleep. :o

Everyone wakes up in the middle of the night.  Instead of getting up to tell us about it, turn on some soothing music, like classical, and make sure all the lights are off.  Also, try drinking a glass of milk.  Milk always helps me get back to sleep. :P

Instead of getting up and telling you about it? What kind of thing is that to say? It's like saying, SO WHAT. And I didn't get up and tell you about it. It's the middle of the day right now. I've been awake for 6 hours. Frankly, I would never talk about someone's problem in such a callous and insenstive way. If you don't care to help, just let this thread alone. Please don't treat my problem like it's nothing. :o I'm sorry, I'm just a bit irritable right now. Guess after 3 months of this my nerves are kind of frayed. :o

Everyone wakes up in the middle of the night.  Instead of getting up to tell us about it, turn on some soothing music, like classical, and make sure all the lights are off.  Also, try drinking a glass of milk.  Milk always helps me get back to sleep. :P

Instead of getting up and telling you about it? What kind of thing is that to say? It's like saying, SO WHAT. And I didn't get up and tell you about it. It's the middle of the day right now. I've been awake for 6 hours.

Well, the way you wrote your post, it sounded like you couldn't sleep so decided to post about how you can't sleep.

Frankly, I would never talk about someone's problem in such a callous and insenstive way.

I was not calous and insensitive. You asked for advice and I gave some.

If you don't care to help, just let this thread alone.

I did help, but instead of ponderring you advice, you chose to complain about how I executed my post.

Please don't treat my problem like it's nothing. :o I'm sorry, I'm just a bit irritable right now. Guess after 3 months of this my nerves are kind of frayed. :o

I went a whole year where I couldn't sleep for more than 3 or 4 hours at night, so I know what you're going through. My inability to sleep turned out to be a combination of stress and impropper sleeping conditions.

Wow, Jeanway! Three months of insomnia, coupled with weight loss, and apparent bursts of energy.

I'm not a doctor (well... not a medical doctor anyway), but this is something I'd take a

bit seriously. If you've ruled out any lifestyle changes (moving, diet, drugs, medications, quiting smoking, job stress, etc.) you might want to visit the doctor. I would only speculate as to the problem, but it could be a medical condition, Grave's

disease, diabetes, malnutrition, .... I don't know.

I go through spurts of about a month at a time unable to sleep, but I can invariably attribute it to work. For you.... I don't know. You might want to see a doctor.

Good luck!

Guest Ktrek

My wife goes through periods of insomnia also. A nutritionist friend of ours suggested that she try taking a Calcium Magnesium blend supplement just before bedtime. She takes a product called CalMag which is a 1660 mg blend. The nutritionist told her to take three tablets an hour before bedtime and if she wakes up to take three more. She has found that it really works well. The Calcium helps you get to sleep and the magnesium helps you stay asleep.

Women I think are more susceptible to sleep disorders because of hormonal changes they go through and other problems. The above is an inexpensive way to treat the problem without harmful drugs or side effects. Besides all women need more calcium than they usually get in their diets.

Other things you should do are simple things like:

Never use your bedroom for anything but sleep or sex. Your body must know that this is what is expected.

Try a nightly routine before bedtime like read a book, drink some milk, take off your makeup etc. This also tells your body it's bedtime.

Do not use the PC or watch TV an hour before bedtime as TV and internet cause your brain to become more active. NEVER watch the news before you go to bed. It's too stressful and depressing and will cause your mind to think on things during your sleep. Never allowing you full rest.

And if all else fails put the wakeup time to good use. Get on your knees and pray. There are a million things to pray about in our sorrowful world.

Another thing that always works for me is to read my Bible! :o

Ktrek

Edited by Ktrek

Geeze Guys, thank you, it's alot to consider. :P Yes, there have been some emotional things going on, I told you my mind is like an Amusement Park :o

Most of the time i'm very up, but there are days, well, not pleasant days. It's not really cyclic, nik. I haven't been eating, some days I forget to, more than usual. I am on the computer right up until my eyes blur, but I do fall right to sleep. I do feel happy when I wake up, so I just get up, I don't want to go back to sleep. Sometimes it's before sunrise so I go for a walk, and watch the sunrise over the water. I don't think it's a physical problem, I feel very good. But I'm not a doctor either. ktrek, I may look into that cal-Mag and give it a try. I sure wish I could figure out how to dissect a reply, line by line, that might help me too CJLP, :o But lately I've had a special friend who also can't sleep and he keeps me company on the phone :P Maybe I caught it from him :o

Edited by Jeanway

Sleepytime chamomile mint tea is also good before bedtime. I've actually been having the same problem lately. I go in another room if I don't get back to sleep after 15 minutes. I'm going to borrow some of Ktrek's advice as well.

My soul is just wandering the Galaxies right now. Alot of confusion setting in, again. I have alot of things I need to figure out. :eekout: Got some OTC stuff yesterday, it helped. :roflmao:

That's it!  Four stinking hours.  I deserve better than this!  I can fall asleep O.K. but I 'm awake exactly 4 hours later.  What is going on here?  I feel ok, don't feel tired. Don't feel hungry, EVER. Don't even smoke anymore. Is this the Full Moon thing?  Or Spring Fever? Losing weight like crazy. I'm already too thin, somebody help me!!! :lol:  I'm not sick. I feel almost joyus, drugged, extemely happy. What's wrong with me?  :blush:

I know how you feel.

What do you do in your bedroom? If it is work take it to a different room.

Is your computer in your bedroom? See above.

Do you eat in your room? Take that sandwich to the kitchen.

Do you read a book in bed? Find a book an relaxation.

Do you listen to the radio? Put the station on a classical station.

I hope this was helpful. It works for me!

Edited by Odie

That's it!  Four stinking hours.  I deserve better than this!  I can fall asleep O.K. but I 'm awake exactly 4 hours later.  What is going on here?  I feel ok, don't feel tired. Don't feel hungry, EVER. Don't even smoke anymore. Is this the Full Moon thing?  Or Spring Fever? Losing weight like crazy. I'm already too thin, somebody help me!!! :lol:  I'm not sick. I feel almost joyus, drugged, extemely happy. What's wrong with me?  :blush:

I know how you feel.

What do you do in your bedroom? If it is work take it to a different room.

Is your computer in your bedroom? See above.

Do you eat in your room? Take that sandwich to the kitchen.

Do you read a book in bed? Find a book an relaxation.

Do you listen to the radio? Put the station on a classical station.

I hope this was helpful. It works for me!

I agree with him. I read some where that if you do stressful things in your bedroom like sorting out your taxes or if you do very awake things then your mind associates your bedroom with stress and awakeness and then you have insomnia and that.

Of coarse of you do very relaxing stuff then the opposite occurs.

I remember where I read it. on the cover of one of my mums womens magazines it said 'Top 25(or something) ways to help you get to sleep.' so I took a look at it.

i never used to be able to sleep more then a while at night, but then i figured it out. if you STOP GOING ON HERE TILL 3 or 4 IN THE MORNING IT REALLY HELPS! TRUST ME! i dont mean to be rude to VBG, but you cant stay online all night and expect sleep for a long time! i mean, come on, its just common sense!

What do I do in my bedroom? Hmmm, let me think, Oh yes, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!! AWWW Crap!! :lol:

Maybe THAT is the problem??? :blush: :: walks away muttering to self::

Go to your doctor.

I hate doctors! And stop ordering me around, you know I hate that, your not my father! :blush: :lol:

What do I do in my bedroom? Hmmm, let me think, Oh yes, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!! AWWW Crap!! :blush:

Maybe THAT is the problem???  :lol:  :: walks away muttering to self::

I only slept an hour last night, so don't feel to bad. :lol: :lol:

i never used to be able to sleep more then a while at night, but then i figured it out. if you STOP GOING ON HERE TILL  3 or 4 IN THE MORNING IT REALLY HELPS! TRUST ME! i dont mean to be rude to VBG, but you cant stay online all night and expect sleep for a long time! i mean, come on, its just common sense!

HEY, HEY, HEY, Not you too, you little, come here, quit running :blush:

i never used to be able to sleep more then a while at night, but then i figured it out. if you STOP GOING ON HERE TILL 3 or 4 IN THE MORNING IT REALLY HELPS! TRUST ME! i dont mean to be rude to VBG, but you cant stay online all night and expect sleep for a long time! i mean, come on, its just common sense!

honestly this is the best advice to give( no offense) okay if you want my advice one is spend less than 3 hrs a day on the comp... as little as possible, ive found that computers cause radiation i dunno if its just the monitors from CRT's that emit radiation but they do cause you to loose lots of sleep... the second thing is eat... ur body may be waking up because it needs food u dont feel hungry but after long periods of not eating then your stomach shrinks, you do not feel hungry but you are, eat at least 3 meals a day, and eat healthy, eating enough fruits really

helps. force urself to eat if u have to..try those two things.. if they dont work pm me in the morning lol

I hate doctors! And stop ordering me around, you know I hate that, your not my father!

sry just something to add... he gave his advice so please dont say things like that he was only trying to help.. i cant speak for him but i think those were his intentions

Go to your doctor.

I hate doctors! And stop ordering me around, you know I hate that, your not my father! :lol: :lol:

I am just a concerned person. I mean no offense. I would not give advice if I DID NOT CARE! I had a sleeping problem and MY DOCTOR HELPED!!!! I can't make you do anything that you don't want to do. If you have a problem with sleep and it is effecting your life you should see your doctor. This just advice. Have a nice day. :lol:

Guest Ktrek

I would agree that you should see your doctor but I would try natural methods first before resorting to drugs that have bad side effects. If you do go to a doctor be sure that you keep a sleep diary for at least 10 days. You should log everything you have done during the day. What time you went to bed, what time you woke up, how long it takes to go back to sleep, what you are thinking about when you wake etc. etc. This will help the doctor better understand the type of sleep disorder you are experiencing and how to address it.

Ktrek

I've been extremely sleep deprived lately and today it caught up with me. I woke up after my alarm clock had been buzzing for 4 hours and I slept straight through it. I just went ahead and called in sick at work. My body's telling me to get some rest and I'm listening to it, for once anyway. :flex:

Go to your doctor.

I hate doctors! And stop ordering me around, you know I hate that, your not my father! :nono::flex:

I am just a concerned person. I mean no offense. I would not give advice if I DID NOT CARE! I had a sleeping problem and MY DOCTOR HELPED!!!! I can't make you do anything that you don't want to do. If you have a problem with sleep and it is effecting your life you should see your doctor. This just advice. Have a nice day. :)

Im Sorry :tear: Your right. I've just been a little B****y lately. It's getting better now since I'm taking some of your advice, really :flex:

Go to your doctor.

I hate doctors! And stop ordering me around, you know I hate that, your not my father! :nono: :)

I am just a concerned person. I mean no offense. I would not give advice if I DID NOT CARE! I had a sleeping problem and MY DOCTOR HELPED!!!! I can't make you do anything that you don't want to do. If you have a problem with sleep and it is effecting your life you should see your doctor. This just advice. Have a nice day. :wow:

Im Sorry :tear: Your right. I've just been a little B****y lately. It's getting better now since I'm taking some of your advice, really :flex:

You shouldn't feel sorry. :bow: I know you are not yourself. I am glad that you are starting feel better. Now if only I can get this Yorky off my my back, but that is another topic! :flex: