Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Bauer

The Alpha Quadrant Victory

Does anyone ever feel that the victory of the Alpha Quadrant powers over the Dominion should have an asterisk next to it in history?

The AQ Forces fought valiantly and for the most part they beat the Dominion. The thing that always bothers me is the fact that nothing short of divine intervention saved the Alpha Quadrant. It seems as if the war should have been lost at the moment the wormhole came down. It bugs me that at that point the Federation lost the war. The intervention of the prophets seems almost a 'cheap' way to win a battle.

Does anyone else feel that way?

Some valid points. one could also argue though, that the Prophets were in a way just another alien species, and because of their relationship to Ben Sisko and the Bajorans, had a vested interest in the survival of the Bajorans and the Alpha Quadrant. so, from a certain point of view, it could be seen as the Beings of the wormhole taking a side in the war.

Some valid points. one could also argue though, that the Prophets were in a way just another alien species, and because of their relationship to Ben Sisko and the Bajorans, had a vested interest in the survival of the Bajorans and the Alpha Quadrant. so, from a certain point of view, it could be seen as the Beings of the wormhole taking a side in the war.

I don't think the point is whether they were aliens or gods. I think the point is, since we needed their help, does it "count"? To say it doesn't is like saying the Revolutionary War didn't count since we got help from France... back when you could actually count on France for something.

Edited by lt_van_roy

I suppose that's true that the prophets are just another alien race with a reason to fight the Dominion. I just think it feels a little hollow, almost if the Federation got lucky.