Sign in to follow this  

Enterprise Showing Promise

The recent episodes, The Breach, The Crossing, the one with Archer in the Klingon court, and the others in this season seem to be showing the promise that we all hoped that it would show. The characters are starting to develop their own personalities, and the storylines are becoming fast and interesting rather than...dull. I especially liked when Phlox fed the tribble to the snake. lol

Well we all knew this would happen, all good shows take a few years, more so when it comes to non-sitcoms, where you need to make the characters into real people.

400th Post :D

A great observation. This is the two to three year syndrome. Plus the actors have now had the proper time to establish their own personalities into the characters they portray. I truly believe that it's only going to get better and all the whining that I used to read on the StarTrek.com board will slowly dissipate into silence.

My major complaint in the beginning was that everyone was too whiney - particularly Archer. He's been terrific. My other complaint was their depiction of female characters. I'm actually starting to like T'Pol but I still want her to get a real uniform. (Hoshi still needs work)

T'Pol can't join Starfleet!  It's been well established that Spock was the first Vulcan in Starfleet.  Perhaps she could wear a Starfleet-looking uniform like Wesley did in TNG's 2nd season?

I don't want her in a Star Fleet uniform - just dressed like all other members of the Vulcan High Command - none of the rest of them wear catsuits. Basically I want them to lose the catsuit

Guest Ktrek

First of all, let me say that as to T'Pol everyone better read between the lines of Berman's latest interview. He makes a statement that T'pol will have to "decide" whether she will join the "new" mission. In other words, unless they can get Jolene to continue to play T'pol the character of T'pol is FINISHED!. This is alright by me as she is the most boring character on the show. So, everyone be prepared to see Jolene leave and maybe only guest appear. Berman said they have some new "heavies" coming on board to help Enterprise fulfill her new mission, which means NEW characters! A show can only support so many "re-occurring" characters, so once again I say...READ BETWEEN THE LINES!!!! You are likely to see T'pol as HISTORY. On another note...the shows have gotten suddenly better. Archer is more of a captain and guess what? T'pol is having less of a major role. Suprise? Suprise??? Sorry if this offends anyone, but that is my opinion and assessment. I say the only way T'pol will return is if Berman can offer her enough incentive financially to stay otherwise season three??...she's out of there!!! He has already "prepared" the audience for her departure.

Ktrek

First of all, let me say that as to T'Pol everyone better read between the lines of Berman's latest interview. He makes a statement that T'pol will have to "decide" whether she will join the "new" mission. In other words, unless they can get Jolene to continue to play T'pol the character of T'pol is FINISHED!. This is alright by me as she is the most boring character on the show. So, everyone be prepared to see Jolene leave and maybe only guest appear. Ktrek

Interesting, what different messages we get when we read between the lines. First of all I think it is pretty standard to have the entire cast sign a seven year contract. They may be able to get out of it but they can't bargain for more money to stay in it. Secondly, when I hear this "T'Pol will have to decide..." I think "Oh great, another boring let's concentrate on T'Pol's inner conflict episode." They could get rid of Hoshi and T'Pol and I wouldn't care...I really would like to see a new female cast member but then I've said that a few times already. As long as Trip and Archer come back I'll be happy.

Guest Ktrek

Unicornhunter,

True, perhaps different messages can be perceived but I think Berman knows what he is doing and I have seen this type of rhetoric from him in the past to "prepare" fans for a change. I'm not saying it is inevitable BUT I am saying it is likely. Contracts have very little say anymore if an actor/actress is unhappy in their role. Do you think Terry Farrell had a seven year contract? Of course she did, but she wanted out!! Bad enough to let her character be killed off! Jennifer Lien as well!

Ktrek

Ktrek,

I was thinking about this from the news forum when I made my last reply

"There are going to be significant changes," Berman said. "There will be changes in a number of our characters. I don't mean that we're changing characters

I've liked every episode of Enterprise that I have seen. I will admit that this past month has had some of the best episodes. I am so looking for to the ones coming up - they sound terrific!!

Guest Ktrek

I agree the quality of the show has greatly improved since B&B have stopped writing almost every episode. Also have you noticed how little airtime T'pol has been getting. I still say she "might" be history! :D

Ktrek

I think T'Pol will leave her Vulcan job and become a member of the crew fully! What would she wear? Not a Vulcan or Starfleet uniform... robes?

I think they are saying her job with the Vulcan Science Directory is in trouble, not the actress staying or leaving. :D

I think T'Pol will leave her Vulcan job and become a member of the crew fully!  What would she wear?  Not a Vulcan or Starfleet uniform... robes?

T'Pol was assigned to the Enterprise by the Vulcan authorities to oversee things. If she left this assignment then she would be reassigned elsewhere and another Vulcan would take her place. The only way she could resign from her Vulcan position and remain on Enterprise would be if she joined Starfleet and we know she cannot do that because Spock was the first Vulcan in Starfleet.

Enterprise is really taking the next step, the characters are evolving and Archer has finally become a captain.. Still i think has a bit to many "speaches".. At the beginning of the series i liked T'Pol best, but i now i dont like her at all, she has become neither human or vulcan.. hmm.. Looking forward to the season finale, I think it will be the greatest episode yet!

Just like most StarTrek series it started off kinda slow. I love watching season 1 of TNG again it is really a totally different show then the latter seasons. I dont think you see as big a difference in DS9/VOY, however I think we will with ENT. I think we will because the writers want that to happen. Starfleet has TOO MUCH to learn for them not to change drasticly. I cant wait untill season 7 or so and then look back at these first 2 seasons. I will say this however, They are making this crew blend and join together better then any other crew IMO. We have got the Bashir/O'brian with Tucker/Reed... I think that Archer/T'Pol is like a cross between Kirk/Spock and Picard/Riker. Now all we need is a Paris/Torres matchup and we will be set :laugh:

Enterprise does seem to get better with every new episode.I like T'Pol,she is doing a fine job on this show.All the characters are developing nicely and I look forward to the next 5 seasons.

I know that I am in the minority, but I have loved every episode of Enterprise. I think that the show has been great. I have always been one to not compare the different series, as they are all different and you need to understand that the premise for each series is different so it is natural for the plot lines to meet those differences.

I know that I am in the minority, but I have loved every episode of Enterprise.  I think that the show has been great.  I have always been one to not compare the different series, as they are all different and you need to understand that the premise for each series is different so it is natural for the plot lines to meet those differences.

If it is a minority, WELCOME TO THE CLUB! :wub:

At these boards, you are definitely not in the minority!!

I am glad to hear that. Apparently I have been mistaking some of the boards in the ENT section because it just seams like there are alot of people that are critisizing the show and do not appear to have a lot of "love" for the show.

Have you read through the threads regarding The Breach - I think the lowest score anyone gave it was a 5. I think most people who post on these Enterprise boards are fans of the show. If you want to see venom try the Enterprise boards at startrek.com We will debate the good and the bad but overall this is a great forum for an Enterprise fan to be at.

I agree, the ENT board at ST.com is so venomous, i lasted about a day over there before i got too frustrated with them all

I love Enterprise and everything about it so far! None of the other series have captivated me in the way that this one has, it's just marvellous so far! (u can tell that i am a very happy bunny!) :wub:

The boards here have been positive, while different views are always welcomed and accepted, everyone is here for the same reason, a place for all fans to discuss things without fear of being shot for no reason other than personal opinion. I am enjoying ENT like no other series before, while yeah sometimes things happen that make you go "What?", for the most part it's been great, and it's only going get better.

so why are people at st.com so evil. whats up with that. i guess im happy i never found the boards at st.com. ooooouuuuuuucccccccchhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i love ENTERPRISE, AND I LOVE ANYTHING TREK. LONG LIVE STAR TREK.

Have you read through the threads regarding The Breach - I think the lowest score anyone gave it was a 5.  I think most people who post on these Enterprise boards are fans of the show.  If you want to see venom try the Enterprise boards at startrek.com  We will debate the good and the bad but overall this is a great forum for an Enterprise fan to be at.

I was avoiding the boards concerning "Breech" until this evening when I was finally able to sit down and watch it. I am so thankful for these boards where we can express our opinions openly. I was really disappointed with the ST.com boards, so much hate. I guess I am slowly getting used to be able to point out flaws with the Trek franchise and series, as I have had to spend a long time on the defensive, as the shows are heavily critisized in my area. Thanks everyone.