Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Enterprise might NOT be canceled

I don't have any "Breaking News" but since we have a negative thread saying it Might be canceled we should also have one saying it might NOT be canceled.

I'm a "Glass half full" person, not a "glass half empty" one.

I'm one of those fans who believes UPN will cancel ENT after season 4, with seasons 5-7 being aired in syndication. :o

And that would be a half empty glass.

Got to go with VBG on this one.

To a certain extent. no news is good news.

might mean they hav'nt made up there minds yet.

well, according to Trektoday, Shatner is 99% sure it won't be.  Why he has the inside track I don't know?

hey you dont post on the william shatner BBS by any chance :o

I don't think it will be the end of Star Trek, I think we've been a little overTrekked the past several years. If that's possible.

I don't think it will be the end of Star Trek, I think we've been a little overTrekked the past several years. If that's possible.

I agree with you.....too much Trek.....it needs a rest :o

I don't think it will be cancelled. When I was looking at the ratings for the last several years of Voyager and compared it to Enterprise, Enterprise has a higher seasonal average, picking up from where Voyager took the franchise. Combine this with the fact that Enterprise has shown creative improvement from it's predecessor in terms of story and direction.

Stardate:214246.8

I dont think Enterprise will be cancelled.Besdies Wrestling Ent is thier highest rated show.

I'm one of those fans who believes UPN will cancel ENT after season 4, with seasons 5-7 being aired in syndication. :wow:

No, it would be a half-full glass becuase UPN is killing Trek. ENT heading into syndication would be the best Trek news since NEMESIS! :wow:

I'm one of those fans who believes UPN will cancel ENT after season 4, with seasons 5-7 being aired in syndication. :wow:

No, it would be a half-full glass becuase UPN is killing Trek. ENT heading into syndication would be the best Trek news since NEMESIS! :wow:

Half Full = Optimist

Half Empty = Pessimist

Your stated view is pessimistic.

I'm one of those fans who believes UPN will cancel ENT after season 4, with seasons 5-7 being aired in syndication. :huh:

Half Full = Optimist

Half Empty = Pessimist

My stated view is optimistic. :wow:

I'm one of those fans who believes UPN will cancel ENT after season 4, with seasons 5-7 being aired in syndication. :huh:

Half Full = Optimist

Half Empty = Pessimist

My stated view is optimistic. :wow:

Your stated view is that Enterprise will be canceled. That's not optimistic.

While you also say it will be syndicated that would likely come in the form of the Sci-Fi channel in which case you won't be able to see it since you don't have cable. This too doesn't sound too optimistic.

You can't take a negative and paint it to look positive. Underneath the paint it's still negative.

Guest EJP
I don't have any "Breaking News" but since we have a negative thread saying it Might be canceled we should also have one saying it might NOT be canceled.

I'm a "Glass half full" person, not a "glass half empty" one.

I hope Enterprise sticks around. I really do. we need some trek on TV.

I'm one of those fans who believes UPN will cancel ENT after season 4, with seasons 5-7 being aired in syndication. :(

Half Full = Optimist

Half Empty = Pessimist

My stated view is optimistic. :huh:

Your stated view is that Enterprise will be canceled. That's not optimistic.

It is if you believe cancellation will lead to the show landing itself in syndication and getting far better ratings. :wow:

While you also say it will be syndicated that would likely come in the form of the Sci-Fi channel in which case you won't be able to see it since you don't have cable. This too doesn't sound too optimistic.

If it's on cable, it's not syndicated. :P

You can't take a negative and paint it to look positive. Underneath the paint it's still negative.

Huh? :huh:

Huh? :wow:

The negative you are trying to paint with pretty colors is "Enterprise being Canceled".

Guest EJP

I think I know where that "Negative painted positive is still negative" is going. let's say you want someone to read something negative, like pro-hate propaganda materiel, but on the cover you put flowers, and roses and hearts. your just disguising negative material under a flimsy fake-positive mask. did that make ANY sense?

Huh? :wow:

The negative you are trying to paint with pretty colors is "Enterprise being Canceled".

WB cancelled Roswell, then UPN picked up season 3. This was possitive since UPN gave the producers complete creative control and basically said, "Do what you want." I believe the same would happen to ENT if it were cancelled. :wow:

I'm trying to think is there anything else on UPN that anyone actually watches? :huh:

lol That is so true...I only watch Ent....I used to watch Jake 2.0, but

they cancelled that...it was kind of corny but I enjoyed it alot :wow:

I hope ENT is on for 7 yrs..... :wow:

I'm optimistic and sure of - ENT WILL last for 7 seasons AND it won't be the end of Trek. As long as the franchise is making a lot of money it won't end. Paramount would be nuts if they stopped their money maschine.

For myself I have to say I'm not fed up. For me it could go on like this forever (I mean one show for 7 years after the other) - hey it's science fiction: anything goes!

I have no doubts that Enterprise will complete 7 seasons on the UPN. UPN is not harming the show, they produce it!!! Enterprise is filmed at Paramount studios which owns UPN (United Paramount Network).

UPN will not cancel ENT, it's the only good show they have! I think ENT will run all 7 seasons.

I actually think that UPN doesn't sign up ENT right away deliberately, just to pressure the producers so they have to work harder.

Edited by Stelfan

I believe I SHALL operate under the assumption that my Wednesday and Saturday nights in the fall 2004 will still be Enterprise nights! :thumbs:

(I must say, though, that I chuckled reading this thread, reading the back and forth between VBG and CJLP! :thumbs: I counted embedded boxes, and watched for mood changes. VBG's moood stayed "calm". CJLP's mood stayed "hyper." Finally VBG reduced the number of embedded boxes. I will have to return for later installments. Or was the issue resolved?)

I think UPN is harming Enterprise becuase when a show is on a network, you have network executives telling them what to do. However, when a show is in syndication, the producers pretty much have complete creative control. This is why I really want ENT to be syndicated and not on a network, so that the producers don't have to answer to network executives. :thumbs:

I think UPN is harming Enterprise becuase when a show is on a network, you have network executives telling them what to do.  However, when a show is in syndication, the producers pretty much have complete creative control.  This is why I really want ENT to be syndicated and not on a network, so that the producers don't have to answer to network executives. <_<

The network executives and the Paramount Executives are all the same. Its Paramounts Network and the people in charge of Paramount make all the calls. They are not going to ruin their own show.

Now if this was NBC or CBS, etc I can blame the network exec's, but with UPN the people in charge of Paramount are the ones in charge of the UPN network.

By blaming UPN you blame Paramount Studios.

I'm trying to think is there anything else on UPN that anyone actually watches? :P

lol That is so true...I only watch Ent....I used to watch Jake 2.0, but

they cancelled that...it was kind of corny but I enjoyed it alot :roflmao:

I hope ENT is on for 7 yrs..... :clap:

Besides Enterprise, I Also Watch SmackDown!