Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Miss Satoire

Miss Satoire's Log

Personal Log.... Stardate: 40329.19

Today was a very interesting day. I have been contacted by my agent about returning to work, though I insisted months ago, that I wanted to retire. The offer I received over the weekend was... at least... interesting. I told her I would think about it. She dropped off the scripts and tapes of the original cast, it does look like fun. She needs my decision by Thursday. I have kept myself in shape, but I don't know if my knees can handle weeks of rehearsals, let along a 2 month show.

Personal log.... Stardate: 40330.18

Contacted again by Barbara again today looking for an answer. I'm still on the fence, but I'm beginning to lean towards doing it. She told me that I'm almost assured of getting the part, that the producers and the dance director have seen my work and have expressed an interest, and that makes me feel good.

I got really used to being home, though.

Personal log.... Stardate: 40331.18

I have made my decision. Barbara and I will be heading down to Atlantic City tomorrow morning for my audition, and to talk money with the show's producers. It's going to take a lot of work to get ready by April 14th. I'm sure I can do it, but only time will answer. It will proably be rehearsals non-stop for 2 weeks, which is okay by me. I have been listening to the tapes, and I'm getting comfortable with the songs. Wish me luck!

Personal log.... Stardate 40401.19

Disappointment, disappointment. Drive all the way down to Atlantic City, nail the audition, and then get told that the part is for a Stand-in role. Sheesh, I wish they would have told me that in the first place. The money is not right, either.

So I will continue working at the hospital's thrift store. Barbara says that she will keep looking for something for me. I didn't have the heart to tell her that I am really considering packing the career in. I'll wait a while to see what she comes up with.

:laugh:

Personal Log... Stardate 40402.19

Another rainy, yucky day. Chilly and raw. I am sooooo looking forward to the warmer weather. I want to get outside and putter in my garden. It's such great therapy for me.

Had some company for afternoon tea, so that made the day go nicely. Tomorrow I'm scheduled to work at the Thrift Store in the morning, and I'll probably go see my Mom in the afternoon... maybe take her out for tea.

Took my Mom out for tea this afternoon. She's looking so frail. The Parkinson's has started to effect her swallowing, although her speech was really strong today. The therapist has been coming in a couple times a week now, working with Mom's new aide. She told me her goal is to walk again without using the walker. She's pretty determined about it, which is good.

After we all got back to her house, we played Chicken Foot (Dominos) and she beat us both. Nothing wrong with her mind, just the body.

Worked today at the thrift store. Nice and easy day. Going to go see my Mom tonight and watch a little TV with her. Maybe DS9 now that it's on Spike.

A nice afternoon off. Right now, I am baking cookies for Easter, and watching Star Trek Deep Space 9. I'm letting the dough set up in the fridge, then I'll be cutting them out (sugar cookies). Besides the bunny shapes, I'm planning on making Trek ones in the shape of communicators, and I have a cookie cutter in the shape of Enterprise NX-01.

I may make some chocolate candies tonight. What a sweet day!

Personal log.... Stardate: 40412.18

It's been a few days since I last recorded a log entry. Made all the cookies and candies before Friday, so that was good. Took it easy Friday night, watching Deep Space 9 on Spike TV.

Saturday, I went down to Rowan University to see my son. Took a ham dinner with me, and we heated it up and ate it at his apartment. I left there around 9PM, and got back home before 11. The dog was happy to see me.

Sunday, I met some of my relations at my Mom's place for Easter Dinner. We hid some eggs for the little ones to find, and played some games. We even furnished prizes. Lots of fun, a great family weekend.

Monday, Took it kind of easy today. I was not scheduled to work today, so I slept in until 8 AM. Dusted and vacuumed this morning, and worked on some needlepoint this afternoon. I'm planning on watching Star Trek on Spike tonight.

That's about it for me. Satoire out.

Personal Log - Stardate 52204.19

Wowsers, it's been over a month since my last log entry. I wound up accepting that role in the show in Atlantic City. It was only a fill in role (mostly dancing with some singing), while the regular performer recovered from an injury.

I got lucky, being able to learn the part so quickly (it wasn't a big part), and the producers seemed to like me. They asked if I would be available later in the year. I am still on the fence as far as returning to performing on a full time basis (I don't know if my knees can handle it). I plan on keeping my options open though. As Spock would say, there are always possibilities. :naughty:

Stardate: 50121.6

I have found that it often eases my burdens when I write out my thoughts. So I am writing this to alleviate some of the grief and pain.

My Mother passed away on Friday, Jan. 14, 2005. She was a vibrant woman who knew how to live her life to the fullest. Even with the ravages of Parkinson's Disease that deteriorated her body for the last 6 years, her mind and her spirit were sharp and intact. She passed to the other side peacefully with her family by her bedside.

I love you Mom, and I shall miss you.

Annamarie Brower

May 5, 1924 - Jan. 14, 2005

post-1087-1106348151.jpg

Received a copy of Mom's Will in the mail yesterday from the lawyer. I am not sure what to do with it yet. I will wait for my brother to get back from Jamaica (should be tomorrow), and we can discuss what needs to be done. There are a lifetime of things that need to be gone though and cleaned out.

I am kind of glad that I am not working at this time (although I miss the money). It will make it easier to do what needs to be done with regards to her things. I would not like to leave it all up to my brothers, as they have been though a lot also.

On a brighter note, today I am baking some bread (mmmm ... cinnamon and raisin).