Sign in to follow this  
cptwright

Startrekfans.net Causes Insomnia?

well here it is 3:35 am here in NY. i wanted to go to bed a while ago, but i keep reading, and reading, and reading posts. everytime i say im gonna go after this one, i get an email from a subscription or find something else interesting to read. so how many others out there have a hard time getting off this sight to go to bed? lol. there could be worse things though i guess.

I understand, usually it is an easy thing for me to get offline and go to bed when I'm supposed to cause I hate those headache mornings which today is one of 'cause last night I too kept doing the "one more post boogie", I stuck around till 11:00pm, oh my head... (I wake up at 5am no matter what.)

Actually, I'm not losing any sleep being here. I access this site more when I'm at work then anywhere else. My control room is in an isolated part of the facility so I can pretty much do what I want. If anything, it's keeping me from finishing my mixes in a reasonable amout of time. I wonder if I can bill my clients for time spent here?

I have the trouble since it seems that night time is one of the few times that i and my three other sisters are on at the same time, but usually it will only be three of us and we will Power Post or PM each other like there is no tomorrow. I love it and thought my eyes are rolling back in my head and my hip will hurt from sitting in the chair too long...i hate to say good night.

I LOVE IT HERE!

LOL You will usually find me here till all hours, I don't go to work till 4pm so if I stay online till 8am I can still get some good hours of sleep before work.

I also try to do any major work on the board late at night, that way if I have to take the board offline for any length of time it won't affect too many people.

Actually, I'm not losing any sleep being here.  I access this site more when I'm at work then anywhere else.

Me too!!! But my pod is right out in the open, so I'm looking over my shoulder alot. I only visit when the call volume is nothing and I've got a minute or two between calls. I don't have to worry about getting up early, either. I work the evening shift.

I'm wasn't really that much of a computer person , but now because of startrekfans.net, I'm always on it. Startrekfans.net has become my life! It rocks! but I think my mom is getting worried. Shes like " Whoa, your now on the computer like 24/7, what are you doing?" and I'm like " startrekfans.net" - its so annoying because she hates startrek! :D

The sisters and I have pulled some late nights here that's for sure. I think there was one day when Lessa and I were both on for at least 10 hours with a couple of breaks in there. It is so much fun here and the posts are so great it is so hard to leave. When I do finally decide I have to go I always do a quick look to see if anything new has been posted and then an hour or so later I go to bed. :D

One more post boogie...That's the perfect way to put it, Alterego! :D I stay on here way later than I should...it's all your fault for making these boards so great!

LOL I can't help it if I just HAD to share my addiction (Star Trek) with the world.

Amy (Luvin1stdegree) has been telling me for over a year that I need therapy when it comes to Star Trek lol so I had to prove to her I wasn't alone... :D

WOW, its nice to know im not alone. i think we all need STA. STARTREK ANONYMOUS. OR SOMETHING.lol

but its fun. if my wife only knew what i was doing on here till all hours of the night.lol she'd think im even more nuts than she already does. i dont know how i found her, but she hates anything scifi. especially trek. oh well we cant all be perfect lol. i love her anyway. well i had a long day, and have another one tomorrow, im gonna try to make it a really short night tonight. goodnight people. :D

cptwright, thats the same with my mom!!!

yeah, I think I'll sign off too, lol

ok, bye guys, see ya tomorrow (ok, no, I won't actually SEE you tomorrow, but you know what I mean)

I think the latest I have been online is either 3 or 4 am. Can't help it, it is so great here and most importantly....MY SISTERS ARE HERE!!! YAY!!! We have such a blast power posting or PM'ing...or when the old chat link was here we chatted for an hour or so!

well im on right now heading for my latest time, its 3:40 sunday morning, here in dreary ny. im still checking all my subscription notices. wow, so many posts so little time. lol :laugh:

Me too!!! But my pod is right out in the open, so I'm looking over my shoulder alot. I only visit when the call volume is nothing and I've got a minute or two between calls. I don't have to worry about getting up early, either. I work the evening shift.

Do I sense a fellow phone jockey? I am the same way I work the evening shift doing internet tech support so you can always find startrekfans.net in a window in the background waiting for a few minutes between calls. Then when I get home I keep telling myself I will just check to see if anyone has responded to my posts then I start the "one more post boogie" and before I know it I hear the VOY theme coming from the living room and realize that it is after five am. Then I decide that I will just stay on till VOY is over then go to bed but it very seldom works that way. Thank goodness that I don't have to be at work until three pm!

I only wish I could stay on here till late hours in the night... My dad or mom always make me go to bed.. :look: But I am usally on here through most of the day.. I'm homeschooled and do some of my work on the computer so inbetween subjects I check things out.. I seem to miss all the action because of my activities in the afternoon-evening time.. well now I have to go finish the school work mentioned above...^

all hail Bev!! :laugh:

No one is ever alone if they come here. Takara is ALWAYS on! I begin to wonder if she is an android and does not need sleep! ;)

hahah! I had thought I've warded of the allure of the internet when I come home late at nighg, but now that this boards around I always have to hop on and read..and then I lose track of time and end up staying on wayyyyy to long! ;)

No one is ever alone if they come here. Takara is ALWAYS on! I begin to wonder if she is an android and does not need sleep! :look:

And how would you know I am always on Lessa...hmmm!!! :D

It happens to me every night. I decide I should log off and go to be but then I have to take one last whip around the boards in case anything new has been posted and then I start trading PMs with certain people (they know who they are) and the next thing I know another 2 hours has gone by. The real cause of my insomnia is the members here are too darn interesting. I think I can live with that!