Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

Things My Father Said

This is one of those days when i'm lost in the past. Thoughts of my Dad keep creeping in. He passed away 7 years ago this summer. It's funny how little things remind me of him. The silly things we talked about. The projects we shared together. I've come to realize how much alike we are. Little things he'd say to me keep popping into my mind. Just the other day I heard a song on the radio that brought me to tears. If anyone knows this song and who sang it, please tell me, I'd like to get it. " My Father's Hands". I wish I could just have one hour with him right now. I miss him so much. :picard-sith:

I understand your loss. We lost my father a year ago in February, and still are struggling to get our bearings. My mother just finished visiting me for almost a month, and it was the first time we had gotten her out of the house for any length of time since he has been gone. They had known each other since they were 13 years old, married in their mid-twenties, and she is still feeling quite lost.

I miss the fact that I could bring any problem to my father, in spite of the fact he was quite set in his ways, and quite an "in charge" kind of guy. His family was number 1 with him. We could feel the love and how he valued us. He is greatly missed, even though we know he is in a better place, and no longer in incessant physical pain.

So I empathize with you.

The Name Of THe Song Is Daddys Hands Was made About 15 years Ago.

By Country Artist Holly Dunn.

Is Holly Dunn a man? This song was sung by a man. But I'll try to find 'Daddy's Hands' too. Don't think I've heard that one. 'My Father's Hands'. There was another one too called 'MaMa's eyes' ? and 'Butterfly Kisses".

No shes a woman she wrote it about her preacher father.

Its hard when you lose a Parent.My dads been gone 25 years this July.

My mom 4 years this June.

Simple things always seem to remind me of them. A word a song A smell.

As long as I remember they are not gone.Just not here.

And i never forget.

Don't know what I would do if I lost one of my parents, I can't bear to think about that one day they will just be gone.. But I guess death is a part of life..

My dad was killed in a road accident 2 months before i was born so i never new him but i do have all his dairys and stuff he was a handsome looking man shame he didnt pass that down to me...lol but my mum says he did have a catch phrase which he said all the time....."if you want it go for it because if you dont some one else will" :picard-sith:

I feel very grateful right now for all of you sharing your pain with me too. It's very kind of you all. It's hard sometimes to get through a day without this sadness. But I've been able to put it aside, at least for a while when I'm here. Wish I'd had you all sooner. Days like this come and go, I'll be better tomorrow. :picard-sith::frusty:

I feel very grateful right now for all of you sharing your pain with me too. It's very kind of you all. It's hard sometimes to get through a day without this sadness. But I've been able to put it aside, at least for a while when I'm here.  Wish I'd had you all sooner. Days like this come and go, I'll be better tomorrow.  :picard-sith::force:

We are always here for you jeanway thats what friends are for :frusty:

I am sorry for your pain. Unlike others, I can't relate about the Dad but my mother is getting older and I realize in time I will experience that loss. I feel great sadness when I think about it.

Jeanway asked me to post this portion of a poem I PM'ed to her in this thread.

As I explained to her, I have the poem in a frame, but I moved recently so it is not unpacked, or even found at the moment. It is called "What God Hath Promised." There are gaps because I cannot remember it all. I am still looking for it.

What God Hath Promised

Author ????

God hath not promised skies always blue

Flower strewn pathways all our life through

God hath not promised joy without pain

.....................................without sorrow

Sun without rain

But God hath promised strength for the day

Rest for the weary

Light on the way

Peace for the trials

Hope from above