Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VaBeachGuy

Our Convention

I feel we will need to postpone the Convention until sometime in October. At the moment, with my wrist problems I haven't been able to work for almost a year and won't be able to afford the expense of the trip to Vegas. A few other members have expressed the same feeling and would be in a better position in October as well.

Are there any thoughts on that?

I didn't see this until now! :P Yes, October would be so perfect for me!! There's no way I can make it this month. :clap:

This is the first I've heard of it as well. :clap: If I were to request, Possibly Late Jan earlier Feb, would be most agreeable for I'd be passing through the area on PCS orders to San Diego.......... :P

I'll also pass this around to one and all.........

How about right around Christmas???

Most people will be busy with family gatherings around that time and spending money on gifts. A trip then would be a burden for most people I think.

Most people will be busy with family gatherings around that time and spending money on gifts. A trip then would be a burden for most people I think.

A Christmas trip to vist our STF family???

Group-Hug2.gif

Group-Hug2.gif

Well that would make things awkward for those of us who of us don't celebrate Christmas. :(

Group-Hug2.gif

Well that would make things awkward for those of us who of us don't celebrate Christmas. :(

Good point...

Hmmm, I'll have to think about that... :(

Group-Hug2.gif

Good point...

Hmmm, I'll have to think about that... :)

I know!!! To celebrate Rick Berman's Birthday!!! (December 25) :(

I think October is good because the only major holiday is Halloweeen and most people don't make a big of an affair for that as they do Thanksgiving and Christmas. Especially if the con were toward the begining of the month. Plus the weather in Vegas is great in October.

I think October is good because the only major holiday is Halloweeen and most people don't make a big of an affair for that as they do Thanksgiving and Christmas. Especially if the con were toward the begining of the month. Plus the weather in Vegas is great in October.

Yeah, and lord knows we don't want to have the convention on the face of the sun! lol

I thought about going, but I have no interest in Vegas... at all. :(

:) I love Vegas! I'll take any excuse to go there, and I don't even gamble. :(

If you've never been to Star Trek: The Experience you need to go at least once..It's a wonderful place for Star Trek fans in my opinion..I can't wait to go back.. :(

Oh..I almost forgot to add..I'm sure I won't be able to make it back to Vegas this year..Much as I would like to go..

We won't have enough cash flow in Oct to go so it looks like we're out unless I buy a winning lottery ticket worth at least a grand.

I had not seen this, but October will work alot better for me, there is no way that I could make it this month due to finances, but October should be doable.

This is the first I've heard of the postponement as well, and I think it's a GODSEND!! As most of you know, I just started a new job and since I'm the "new girl," I'm the first one to get sent home if there is no work left to do. As a result, I haven't worked a 40 hour week in quite a while-that's why it ws necessary to sell the computer to keep the car. I'm hoping that either the work flow will stabilize at my present position or I will find a different position that can guarantee me full time hours very soon, but if the convention were to be held this month there would be NO WAY I could attend. This 4 month delay would be perfect for me...that would give me a chance to save up some $$ and meet my startrekfans.net family! So, bottom line...if the con stays on for this month, count me out. If the con is postponed until Oct, I'm a definite maybe!

Gosh I haven't been on in so long

I started a new job making alot more and I can work from home when needed which is nice because with the kids home on Summer break I take my weekly reports to the boss on Fridays while the kids are with their dad for the weekend.My Divorce will final mid summer so maybe I can go if the ex will watch the kids that weekend (gotta love Alimony :unsure: ) But I wll let everyone know month before if I can come God willing no kids get sick or no deaths in the family

Hey October sounds good I may Be Able togo as of right now not a chance

im gonna start saving, if you could get some prices for me so i can start saving..

please!

I said it the last time this subject came up, take lots and lots of pictures for those of us who can't look as far as October or who don't even have the chance of getting the days off.

I think that next summer might be a good idea... or spring break... those are the only two times I can go!

I can't go this year, because I am in Japan. I might be able to go next year if everything works out in my favor with the Navy.

Our original idea was the summer, which I think we should keep!!!

Next year I mean... :hammer:

Because no one can make it this year!!!