Sign in to follow this  
DrWho42

Pics of Earth's End

Just some pictures of Earth's end in "Twilight"...

Click for Spoiler:

twilight_0004.jpg

Click for Spoiler:

twilight_0005.jpg

Click for Spoiler:

twilight_0006.jpg

Click for Spoiler:

twilight_0007.jpg

Click for Spoiler:

twilight_0010.jpg

Click for Spoiler:

twilight_0011.jpg

Click for Spoiler:

twilight_0012.jpg

Click for Spoiler:

twilight_0013.jpg

Click for Spoiler:

twilight_0014.jpg

Click for Spoiler:

twilight_0015.jpg

Well, post your opinions....

Edited by drwho42

That was a great episode, I found the Earth's destruction rather disturbing even though I know it won't stay that way.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who found it disturbing, although the special effects were brilliant!

Ya know, originally I thought they showed the Earth exploding roughly along the boundaries of the tectonic plates. Now I'm not so sure. Anybody else think of that?

Very disturbing proposition, that this may happen. None of us would be around to see it though. Can't understand the mentality that would do something like this. What would be the point of it? Our beautiful planet, gone, how sad :)

Earth, the one last refuge for mankind, how could have come to this? ohwell, we'll find out soon..

nice photos BTW

Ya know, originally I thought they showed the Earth exploding roughly along the boundaries of the tectonic plates.  Now I'm not so sure.  Anybody else think of that?

I looked back at the pictures. OMG, you're right! :) It does look like the planet is breaking up where the tectonic plates meet! Good observation, Indy! :elephant:

That is some great special effects. That opening really got you excited from the very beginning of Twilight.

May anyone identify these ships?

Click for Spoiler:

twilight_0076.jpg

Click for Spoiler:

twilight_0078.jpg

I know we got to see some ships in "The Expanse", and saw Captain Ramirez of the Starship Interpid....

Just wondering....

They would have to make an explosion in the range of tens of thousands of megatons on a major fault line or trench in order to create that type of explosion...

Ya know, originally I thought they showed the Earth exploding roughly along the boundaries of the tectonic plates.  Now I'm not so sure.  Anybody else think of that?

Each time I watched "Twilight" I thought the same thing---that earth was breaking up along the tectonic plates. It would be logical. The boundries of the tectonic plates, the fissure lines and areas of volcanic activity are the weakest points and therefore would be the first to give way.