Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Theunicornhunter

Star Trek Actors together before ST

Can you think of situations where two (or more) Star Trek actors were in the same show or movie before being cast in Star Trek. Can use recurring guest stars

Robert Duncan McNeill did a guest appearance in Quantum Leap with Scott Bakula

Well,

Avery Brooks, Tim Russ, LeVar Burton, and Kate Mulgrew were all in Roots: The Gift (1988) (TV)

Rene Auberjonios and Ethan Phillips were both in Benson as regulars.

Terry Farrell appeared in an episode of Quantum Leap entitled " A Leap for Lisa". J.G. Hertzler also appeared in an episode of Quantum Leap entitled "Sea Bride"

I'm not sure but Anthony Montgomery was a regular on Popular from 2000-2001 and Linda Park appeared in an episode in 2001

Those are the only ones I'm sure on.

Leonard Nimoy and William Shatner were both in the episode "The Strigas Affair" from "The Man From UNCLE," although I don't think they were ever in the same scene. I'll have to watch it again sometime just to see.

John de Lancie and Marc Alaimo were both in "Sharks" from "The Six-Million Dollar Man." I know they were never in the same scene.

MA has mentioned that he was in something with Armin Shimmerman before DS9, but I can't remember what right offhand.

I have to think a little more - I know there are others I've heard.

EDIT: Oh! And MA was also on an episode of "Quantum Leap." Par usual, he played the bad guy...

I think George Takei's autobiography talks about being in something with William Shatner, and not understanding why Shatner didn't recognize them when they started "Star Trek." It's been a while since I read it.

I think George Takei's autobiography talks about being in something with William Shatner, and not understanding why Shatner didn't recognize them when they started "Star Trek."  It's been a while since I read it.

I've read that book.