Should Harry kim have been promoted?

Should Harry Kim have been promoted  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Should Harry Kim have been promoted

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't know.

I voted yes.

Even after reading many threads on this topic here at STFS I still have no idea why he never was promoted. :unsure: :nono: :)

No. He lacked charisma and confidence. He got better as the series went on, but never proved himself comfortable with taking the role of an authority figure in my opinion. I think if he hadn't been in the Delta quadrant, yes, because his experience would have put him ahead of new recruits; however, there really weren't any on Voyager.

Yes. If Tom can be reinstated, demoted, and repromoted,,, Harry could at least have been made Lt.JG. He may not have been the best officer, but to go 7 yrs, as good as he was, without a promotion, is uncommon. :bow:

I think he definately should have. He deserved it. I'm not sure if Starfleet has this, but in the Navy we have High Year Tenure. he'd have been booted as soon as he got back to the Alpha Quadrant.

Ye she shouldve been promoted. Ok so he wasnt the most popular character but you cant kepp him an ensign forever...hell wesley crusher got promoted and Harry is a way better officer than him.

Never thought about it until now. Chekov from TOS has higher rank in the movies, but do we know how long that took? Losts of promotion in TNG. Promotions in DS9.

Hmmm. In Voyager no one much changed positions after the joined crew was formed, and even Paris never moved above his original assigned rank. Maybe they all received promotions after getting home.

I say yeah, he should have been promoted. I mean he was given command of the "night watch" which means he should have had enough rank to do that. LtJG at least.

Garett Wang did plan on wearing LtJG pips during the filming of "Endgame" as a sort of protest, but at the last minute he forgot.

Harry Kim should definitely have been promoted, seven years as an Ensign that's just not good for morale.