Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

Are You a Lateral Thinker?

I've often been accussed of this. Using some unorthodox methods to solve paragmatic problems. If I can't solve a problem head on, I don't quit til I've figured it out some other way. But it still gets me into trouble sometimes. This can be viewed as breaking the rules or being rebellious. Or sneaky :huh: , or clever. :huh: , just flexing my brain, that's all. :huh: Do you ever do this?

I have solved problems in unusual ways before. But in general I look for the simpliest solution. Of course what seems simple to me often doesn't make any sense to other people, so I guess I could be called a lateral thinker. I do give up if the problem really isn't worth thinking about. Sometimes the answer will just pop into my head when I don't expect it, this happens to me a lot, especially if I've lost something. :huh: :huh:

I do that all the time :huh: I find quick simple ways, and makes my teacher mad because so of the things I do he didn't learn until college.

Hard to say. I'm fortunate enough to have a job in which EVERY problem presented is new, so the methods - in a way - HAVE to be unorthodox.

if you break the rules to solve a problem it is not the solution to a problem so thus u have not solved anything, in my opinion, and secondly it depends on the situation, but isnt kirk a lateral thinker? lol kobayashi ....

yeah i guess so, ive come up with some really funky solutions to a problem. sometimes i just overlook the obvious, others i just cant stop till i figure it out.