Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Would you join a Military Reserve?

Well, if I got out of active duty, two words: You bet. My brother is in the Naval Reserve and serving proudly, and I have friends serving with honor in the reserves. I think it's a good experience. andI think you meant reserve not resolve.

Well, if I got out of active duty, two words: You bet. My brother is in the Naval Reserve and serving proudly, and I have friends serving with honor in the reserves. I think it's a good experience.

Awesome. :)

andI think you meant reserve not resolve.

:) Editted! :)

hehe, I can be blatantly militaristic and use my recruiting lines here...

yes, joining the Reserves or National Gaurd means you run the risk of being activated. unfortunately, I see far too many people coming into all areas of the military (Reserve, Active, Gaurd, whatever) who are absolutely shocked at the idea that THEY could end up somewhere where someone is trying to kill them. in fact, just this morning, I explained to a junior enlisted sailor that putting on the uniform means you may be asked to put your life on the line, even in a war you don't agree with. so, if you join, I have a bit of advice for you

DO NOT JOIN UNLESS YOU KNOW AND ACCEPT THE POSSIBLE RISKS

this goes for Reserve, National Gaurd, and active duty.

I just figured I'd throw out some advice. and this advice isn't just for Americans. it's for everyone. if you are absolutely dead set against the idea of combat, Don't join a Military service.

Stardate:214208.9

Yeh i probably would.Ive been told by alot of people I should and that I would do well there.I dont know,its one of the things I am considering for my future.

I would if I could but only as a second choise

as if I had my way I'd be in active service now.

But the life is crule.

I am medicaly unfit for service :huh:

The brittish army has a rating system for peoples medical fitness. The Rate gose form P1 at one end for nothing wrong to P9 at the other for a cripple.

I am P8 and all because I have flat feet :huh:

I tryed once for the Royal Green Jackets

once for the Grenadere Guards

once for the Royal Air Force Regiment

once for the Royal Marines

even the Royal Navy won't take me and they take anyone :huh:

and allas the TAVR (Teratorial Army Volentere Reservses) won't take me

I tried to join the Army National Guard in High School, primarily for the adventure and

"fun" and because I wanted to give something back to the land of opportunity that geve me everything. However, they wouldn't let me join because of asthma (frigging asthma!). I'd still join if they's let me in.

I am P8 and all because I have flat feet  :huh:

P8 for flat feet? Are flat feet really that severe?

I am P8 and all because I have flat feet  :huh:

P8 for flat feet? Are flat feet really that severe?

Thats what they told me.

apparenly the flat feet meens that when I run the shock is sent to my knees more than normaly so it can cause my knee to give up faster. I have had a few knee problem in the past year though and my feet may be the cause

NO.Because they would probally put me in an office or a Cargo ship because i am a Girl

If I did join.It would probally be the NAVY.But i rather join a Police Department because there is more satisfaction for me in Law enforcment

I would join i would get to serve my country...earn money for college...and have fun!But im not old enough yet... :huh:

No way, im a pure Canadian, a peace maker im not joining a reserve at all, if starfleet was around then yes

Stoned, you know thats what a lot of our military is used for?

Edited by Nemesis

i do nem,i do! *waves hand wildy* can i answer the question, pweez!

Click for Spoiler:

PEACEMAKERS, WE ARE PEACEMAKERS! Edited by LordOfTheBorg

NO.Because they would probally put me in an office or a Cargo ship because i am a Girl

Only the Army and the Marines would put you in the rear with the gear, Tina. the Navy and Air Force let you come and play with the boys.

Only the Army and the Marines would put you in the rear with the gear, Tina. the Navy and Air Force let you come and play with the boys.

YAH.Do i get a gun?Do i get to shoot?

Wait can i be a Top Gun or a Submariner?

oh oh oh ::freaks out::

That's not really the case with the Army, it all depends on the MOS you enlist for though.

Also, if you want to join a Police Force then I'd suggest going into the military (in one form or another) as an MP (or SP). You will have the chance to serve your country and get trained to be a Police Officer for when you get out.

As to the question of the post, I would be willing of course to go into the reserve or NG. But only if for some reason I was unable to serve on active duty.

in the Navy you can't be on subs, but you can be a pilot. and on my last ship, my Division's LCPO was a female, and we worked with the ship's guns.