Sign in to follow this  
dsbs

When did you find out you were a trekkie?

I've watched Trek since '66 or '67 not sure which, don't remember that far back too well. :laugh: Speaking of children when my son was born he actually had pointed ears! No lie! The doctor said, "I've never seen a baby with such pointed ears." My husband replied..."She's been reading Star Trek novels the whole pregnancy." He's almost 18 now and hates when I tell that story. Oh and his ears are perfectly round, darn it! :laugh:

Katy

I've watched Trek since '66 or '67 not sure which, don't remember that far back too well.  :laugh:  Speaking of children when my son was born he actually had pointed ears! No lie!  The doctor said, "I've never seen a baby with such pointed ears." My husband replied..."She's been reading Star Trek novels the whole pregnancy."  He's almost 18 now and hates when I tell that story.  Oh and his ears are perfectly round, darn it! :laugh:

Katy

1050849801.giflaughing-smiley-002.giflaughing-smiley-002.giflaughing-smiley-002.gif

I really cannot remember when I started watching Star Trek. I do remember being surprise seeing a policeman named TJ Hooker in a Sci Fi show which at the time, I could not have known the title of the show. I liked the show though. Just too young to understand much of it.

It was only later in my early teens that I began to watch Star Trek again. It was showing TNG but I didn't know it was different from TOS. I kept waiting for the policeman to appear. I could not understand or recognise that bald man. So I stopped watching Trek cos I really liked that policeman then.

As I approached 20, I had the change to watch TNG again and this time, I began to understand what the difference between TNG and TOS, and then I began to get hooked on it every Sunday afternoon. Its only then I realised that the policeman was Kirk. Since then, I've been a fan.

Today, I have a softcopy of TNG and DS9 script in my Palm so I could read them everywhere I go. My pastor thinks I should read my Bible more often instead of ST. I suppose I just need a more balanced lifestyle.

I am ashamed of myself for not discovering such a wonderful show(s) sooner. I only became a Trekkie about a year ago, when TSonofvulcan kept urging me to watch it. How I wish I had A) met him sooner and :rolleyes: followed his advice sooner! Before that, it was just some show my parents watched once in a lifetime. I remember once when I was really little and my sister and I walked in on my parents watching TNG. We were extremely confused by Geordi's VISOR. However, when I finally started watching it, it became an instant obsession.

I had to be at least 4 or 5 years old when I saw my 1st episode of TOS circa era 1976-1977 I loved the show ever since I saw it for the first time. My western cowboy cap gun became my 1st phaser. :rolleyes:

I started watching startrek when i was about 16,the first trek i saw was DS9 and after the first few episodes i was hooked on it,i watched it everyday on tv and taped them all as well,now i have seen every episode of DS9 and almost all of VOY and since it started on dutch tv i have seen every episode of ENT except 2 which i missed and now Hang is getting me into TOS he has every episode on tape so i will be getting a overdose of that as well :rolleyes:

When I called a CBS affiliate in Lexington, Kentucky and jumped all over them for preempting a DS9 rerun with some stupid University of Kentucky Wildcats basketball game! (And I'm a U.K. alumni!!!)

I think it was when I learned not all people shared my enthusiasm for the show and I could be judged very harshly simply for liking it by non fans.

When I called a CBS affiliate in Lexington, Kentucky and jumped all over them for preempting a DS9 rerun with some stupid University of Kentucky Wildcats basketball game!  (And I'm a U.K. alumni!!!)

265627[/snapback]

I'll have to disagree with your priorities on that one. (kidding :) )

I think I realized that I was a Trekkie when I began to watch TOS daily, during the summer of some late 1990's year...

I was growing out of the fantasy phase (it was after I stopped reading J.R.R. Tolkien non-stop... I made charts and diagrams based on his books.. :) ), and began to get hungry for science-fiction...

Before I got into Star Trek, I was an avid Lost in Space and Sliders fan... Thank the Lords of Kobol I decided to set aside some time to watch some Trek for the first time. :) :)

lastresort.jpgpost-812-1095586641.gif

Edited by drwho42

I think it was when I learned not all people shared my enthusiasm for the show and I could be judged very harshly simply for liking it by non fans.

265639[/snapback]

I know what you mean. After I saw the TOS premier in '66, I couldn't stop talking about it. Most of the kids in my class (I was 13) thought I was kinda wierd. Well, more wierd than they thought before... :)

I knew I was a Trekkie when my girlfriend gave me an ultimatum, I either pay attention to Star Trek or I pay attention to her.

I still miss her sometimes.  :)

265759[/snapback]

Was the decision easy to make? Any regrets?