Sign in to follow this  
TSonofvulcan

MY NEW TORPEDO!

I have invented a new torpedo. I will call it the quantem torpedo. Hehe, they are 4x better than the average photon. They will go on these new Sovereign class ships. Do you think they will be a sucess?

I have invented a new torpedo.

Oh?

I will call it the quantem torpedo.

Those were first used in DS9 "The Search". They are fictional and do not exist.

They will go on these new Sovereign class ships.

We've already seen them in the movies. :assimilated:

Do you think they will be a sucess?

They already are.

I get the feeling this was a joke..

Stardate:214189.9

And i got a feeling CJLP fell for it! :clap::clap::clap:

Has anyone ever considered that if you take a shuttle pod, fill it with Photon warheads, and link it's controls to the bridge, you have one hellatiously powerful anti-ship weapon?

Has anyone ever considered that if you take a shuttle pod, fill it with Photon warheads, and link it's controls to the bridge, you have one hellatiously powerful anti-ship weapon?

Oooooo...good idea! Shuttle pod go BOOM! Blowing stuff up is fun! :dude:

Since Q stole your bike, here is a new one :dude: *Q appears* (Q) Thou art centanly good to givith me a new bike! *Q vanishs* Oh well, I can say I tried :assimilated:

how would that work bolivar? (in reference to my - Captain Bolivar's - quantum phaser idea)

QUANTUM PHASER IDEA:

How would Quantum phasers work? I don't freaking know! I don't know how normal phasers work. I don't know the difference between quantum torpedos and regular torpedos... except that the latter is stronger. But why? There probably is no real reason... the probably just made them up because the sound cool... and so do quantum phasers.

TORPEDO SUICIDE SHUTTLE:

As for the torpedo's in a shuttle pod idea... why would you need the torpedos? A shuttle's warp core could do more damage! Heck, why not just keep a whole bunch of "warhead warpcores" aboard a starship and just beam them into the path of enemy vessels. I'd like to see a borg cube see that one coming! Damn, I would make one fine starship captain... oh wait, I am one.

Edited by Captain Bolivar

Heck, why not just keep a whole bunch of "warhead warpcores" aboard a starship and just beam them into the path of enemy vessels.  I'd like to see a borg cube see that one coming!  Damn, I would make one fine starship captain... oh wait, I am one.

*takes notes on Captain Bolivar's great ideas so I won't forget them when I become a starship captain*

Really, I must know how you come up with the marvelous ideas. You're so creative.

*wishes I was creative*

Guest Mike_Hines01
I don't know the difference between quantum torpedos and regular torpedos... except that the latter is stronger.  But why?  There probably is no real reason... the probably just made them up because the sound cool...

The photon torpedo uses controlled detonation of matter and antimatter.

The quantum torpedo utilises an eleven-dimensional space-time membrane suspended in ultra-clean vacuum within the projectile. The membrane is twisted into a string and then isolated from the background vacuum. This results in the creation of a new particle, which is accompanied by a tremendous release of energy.

Just incase anyone is interested.

Really, I must know how you come up with the marvelous ideas.  You're so creative.

I'm really not a very creative person. I really more analytical. I've spent all too much time analysing Star Trek. That is what gives me the ability to come up with things like that. But thanks for the comment :dude: I do think there might be a problem with my trasporting the antimatter idea. It might be a good only as a last resort because there would be the danger that there would be a containment failure as a result of the transport process... we all know transporters can be finicky. Still, if I were up against a cube or a bunch of Klingon battle cruisers I wouldn't hesitate to use such a tactic. Fortune favors the bold and anyone named Kirk!

Ok, here's an EDIT: I thought of a great tactic. Put some anit-matter on a shuttle and fly it to the port of your enemy. Blow it up. It will do some damage. Then fly a SECOND one out, again to port so that the enemy predicts what will happen and reinforce the PORT sheilding sacrificing the STARBORD sheilds. Just before detonation use the shuttles transporter to beam the anti-matter chamber (warhead) to STARBORD of the enemy and detonate it. Because the sheild will be reinforced on the opposite side of the enemy the hit will surely destroy the enemy.

Oh and thanks for telling us what Quantum torpedos are. Seriously tho, for all their advancement, they don't seem to be more powerful than a nuke or even a warp core (even though standard ones carry anti-matter)

On that note (I can't stop) it seems dumb that a standard torpedo has both matter and anti-matter because the 2 annihilate each other. If you released ONLY anti-matter against the hull of the ship the only matter for the anti-matter to react with would be the anti-matter of the enemy hull... or the enemies sheilds.

[/glow]

Edited by Captain Bolivar

I don't know the difference between quantum torpedos and regular torpedos... except that the latter is stronger.  But why?  There probably is no real reason... the probably just made them up because the sound cool...

The photon torpedo uses controlled detonation of matter and antimatter.

The quantum torpedo utilises an eleven-dimensional space-time membrane suspended in ultra-clean vacuum within the projectile. The membrane is twisted into a string and then isolated from the background vacuum. This results in the creation of a new particle, which is accompanied by a tremendous release of energy.

Just incase anyone is interested.

I am pleased to know some one is studying me work. It is logical to study it.

Would Quantum phasers be blue?

I just thought about that. Because quantum torpedoes used in First Contact and Nemisis were blue. I it would make sense to me.

Come to think of it, could hand held phaser use that same theory, of quantum based energy?

I'm getting way to into this.

It's all the smae anyway "stun" "kill" "vaporize". That's all you ever need.

Could you imagine Marvin the Martian with Quantum Phasers? "THis is my Eludium Q-30 Space Modulator. I will use this to blow up earth. and if that doesn't work, I'll quantum phaser it out of existance"