Sign in to follow this  
TransporterMalfunction

DidVoyager miss out...

YES!

I can understand it not wanting to appear as a rip of L.I.S. but I think it tried so hard, it lost it's way. :wow: Pun intended. Just about every high hope I held for the amazing things we were going to be shown existing in that area of the Galaxy, smashed to pieces. :D

I think both Voyager and DS9 missed out on being more popular shows. The quality of acting was just so much better than most television shows

I agree. Voyager and DS9 had alot of potential that they did not end up meeting. I think that alot of the problem was that fans were used to Star Trek being a certain way, and those two seasons kind of broke the mold.

I agree that fans were used to Star Trek being a certain way. Voyager was definite a series that broke the "MOLD" so to speak. But I guess that was why it became my favorite series. ;)

I think missing out on being the next lost in space isn't really a big deal. Mostly because I never liked Lost in Space (yet I've seen every episode...do don't say I didn't give it a chance.)

I agree.  Voyager and DS9 had alot of potential that they did not end up meeting.  I think that alot of the problem was that fans were used to Star Trek being a certain way, and those two seasons kind of broke the mold.

I totally agree because that's why I stopped watching them during their initial runs after only one season. But after I got used to the fact that they weren't TNG, they became two of my favorites, though many years after I stopped watching them initially.

I think both Voyager and DS9 missed out on being more popular shows. The quality of acting was just so much better than most television shows

What I don’t understand is if DS9 was not popular cause it was "stationary", (Hehe) why didn’t the fans jump back on the bandwagon in droves with VOY? IT went somewhere!

Hear, hear!

Considering that about a third of television is for children, and another third is (IMHO) total crap, Voyager and DS9 were some of the very few decent shows that were on. They had great acting, and were (most of the time) plots that a family, or younger children could watch, and not offend anyone.

I just wish UPN would figure out that Star Trek is one of the few things keeping it alive and move Voyager back up to a decent time slot... :)

What I don’t understand is if DS9 was not popular cause it was "stationary", (Hehe) why didn’t the fans jump back on the bandwagon in droves with VOY? IT went somewhere!

I remeber giving Voyager a REALLY hard time because they weren't the crew from TNG - it took a while for me to be swept away, so to speak - now I can't imagine liking TNG better ... don't cut off my head, everyone, but Voyager was a better series - I also remeber hearing, before the inception of the show, that Voyager was based on LIS - ummm, the Kazon sucked, and, ummm, DS9 was stationary, so they had to develop the series into a continuous drama (more like a soap) - anyone remember that horrible DS9 episode where they flew the station around? -circa season one, ugh... :laugh:

To a certain degree I would say yes, but I also would say that VOY did not do as bad as some people think. I know that the last few seasons of VOY were not that great, but when we look at the ones before then and when we look at some of the great episodes it had then I think overall VOY is a good show.

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

I agree.  Voyager and DS9 had alot of potential that they did not end up meeting.  I think that alot of the problem was that fans were used to Star Trek being a certain way, and those two seasons kind of broke the mold.

Again, nicely put D. At first I wished Voyager had stayed in "normal space" but that gave way to wanting to see what they would get into next, besides by shooting them into another sectar of space it opened up many more storylines ( Duh jdigs your saying) DS9 took much more for me to used too..I just wanted them to MOVE..I don't know why..I was so happy when they got the Defiant and actually got about call me old fashioned.

Yes, I think it was one of the better shows on television. It had more potential but it somehow didn't live up to it. Just take a look at a lot of the earlier shows, a few of their earlier episodes were re-makes of TOs or TNG. They could of achieved so much more if they added more species to genre of other aliens.

There was one way Voyager was different from the others: it had a STRONG FEMALE as the Captain.

Hear, hear!

Considering that about a third of television is for children, and another third is (IMHO) total crap, Voyager and DS9 were some of the very few decent shows that were on. They had great acting, and were (most of the time) plots that a family, or younger children could watch, and not offend anyone.

I just wish UPN would figure out that Star Trek is one of the few things keeping it alive and move Voyager back up to a decent time slot... :angry:

:) I SECOND THESE OPINIONS. AND AS FAR AS TIME I HAVE TO STAY UP UNTIL MIDNIGHT TO SEE VOYAGER. :angry:

I think if voyager would have played on more than upn it would have done alot better when the show came out I did not have upn it was on fox untill somewhere in the third season then poof gone I was so mad I did not get upn untill the 7th season of voyager so I only got to see the shows in between on reruns at 12am so if it stayed on fox they would have had more people like me to watch it.

Hear, hear!

I just wish UPN would figure out that Star Trek is one of the few things keeping it alive and move Voyager back up to a decent time slot... :)

:) I SECOND THESE OPINIONS. AND AS FAR AS TIME I HAVE TO STAY UP UNTIL MIDNIGHT TO SEE VOYAGER. :(

I'll take midnight over it starting at one in the morning any day!! :(

Actualy, Voy and TNG had some broad similarities, both single ships exploring the unknown for example. Although of course there were a few tiny differences...

For me, DS9 was an attempt at something different. A stationary station instead of a roving ship with a deeper, more continous storyline then TNG's short shows. Voyager regained the ship, as did DS9 (at very good timing for the plot, arguably the best season plot EVER), but kept the continous storylines, at least for the first few seasons. A winning combination. :lol:

I agree that fans were used to Star Trek being a certain way.  Voyager was definite a series that broke the "MOLD" so to speak.  But I guess that was why it became my favorite series. :lol:

I agree. People are afraid of change, yet change is a part of humanity. Nothing can stay the same forever. Voyager also became my favorite series...i'm just waiting on the DVD releases...thank you lay-away!!