Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

An Obervation

Does it seem like they've being doing the actor's make-up to make their faces appear more lined - to reflect the stress of the mission. Trip just looked so much older to me in this last episode.

I noticed it.....

Maybe the crew has been overworking since the increasing danger of trying to stop the next Xindi-attack...

Click for Spoiler:

desert7.jpg

tzintro1-1.giftzintro1-2.giftzintro2.giftzintro3.gif

:huh: :bag::bow::assimilated:

doctorwho42avenger@hotmail.com

Doctor Who official website

Doctor Who: The Best Links

USS Aurora NX-19 of the year 2154 AD

The Adventures of drwho42 continues....

320x240.jpg

announce.jpg

'And Now For Something Completely Different....'-Announcer

Monty Python's Flying Circus

aurora.jpg

Haven't really noticed it, but that they haven't been getting much sleep seems like a good explanation.

That's a good explanation....

I like movie night in the Mess Hall (E-Deck).....

Click for Spoiler:

desert7.jpg

tzintro1-1.giftzintro1-2.giftzintro2.giftzintro3.gif

:huh: :bag::bow::assimilated:

doctorwho42avenger@hotmail.com

Doctor Who official website

Doctor Who: The Best Links

USS Aurora NX-19 of the year 2154 AD

The Adventures of drwho42 continues....

320x240.jpg

announce.jpg

'And Now For Something Completely Different....'-Announcer

Monty Python's Flying Circus

aurora.jpg

I have noticed that with Trip and was wondering if it had something to do with a later program. Perhaps there is a problem with Trip's graft from Sim and it may have sped up Trip's aging. Afterall, a operation of that sort has never been done and the side effect would certainly be unknown. Crystal

That's a good point Bluecrystal - Trip looked a mess at the end of Similitude as you'd expect and it made me cross that the Sim incident was never referred to again except of course very feebly as part of he and T'Pol's pre-sex banter. I haven't seen Azati Prime yet but I will watch all the more closely now.

I have noticed that with Trip and was wondering if it had something to do with a later program.  Perhaps there is a problem with Trip's graft from Sim and it may have sped up Trip's aging.  Afterall, a operation of that sort has never been done and the side effect would certainly be unknown. Crystal

Very insightful vision you have there, I wondered about that myself. Coming from one of Phlox's creatures who knows what going to happen to Trip.

I have noticed that with Trip and was wondering if it had something to do with a later program.  Perhaps there is a problem with Trip's graft from Sim and it may have sped up Trip's aging.  Afterall, a operation of that sort has never been done and the side effect would certainly be unknown. Crystal

If that is the case I will be very impressed with the writers..

Edited by Stelfan

I thought Trip has been looking a little different lately, but I wasn't sure if it was Trip's makeup or acting, or my imagination. I'll be looking more closely (than usual) next episode.

I don't know, maybe I just had my head too close to the screen but I noticed the other week that T'Pol had two eyebrows. One angled up and supposed to be showing (the Vulcan one) and the other the obviously bad make-up job that failed to conceal Jolene Blalock's real eyebrows. Perhaps a rookie has been hired in a cost-cutting measure to do the make-up.

I noticed the eyebrow thing too Red Shirt - an unforgiveable mistake even for a rookie I'm afraid and for it to get past all the pre-take checks they do is totally sloppy work.

I can't say that I've noticed Trip looking older. He does look strained, but has done all series. Its been a gradual process of him being put under more stress and it catching up with him. I think it's partly make-up and partly Connor's use of his body and expressions. It's built up episode on episode. Take him saying the mission is a suicide one, then the way he sighed despondently with his whole body after transporting the Xindi weapon off along with a host of other moments. I'm surprised that people are saying its a new thing. Its been growing incrementally since The Xindi.

The stress of cancellation (if there is any) should save money on the make-up budget by adding more realistic wrinkles (that makes no sense, but somehow I think you'll all understand it). But it doesn't explain T'Pol's double eyebrow (mentioned earlier).

I think I used too many sets of parentheses in this post.

Can't Whats Left of My Hair Sticks To It. Can't Afford The Risk. :dude: