Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

He Who Shall Not Be Named

Pics of Lt. Van Roy

You know Roy, you have many faces. In one pic, Forrest Gump. In another, a sort of Bruce Willis thing goes on and now, above, ...I can't quite put my finger on who you are reminding me of... I have to think about it some more...

It is interesting how it all worked out.

My accounting society chapter allocates $500 to send our president to our annual conference. That is a drop in the bucket compared to the total cost, and the company I was with paid for the conference anyway, but that year we also had a regional conference in Hawaii. I was also the regional treasurer so I had to go to both. I knew my company wouldn't pay for a regional in Hawaii and then the annual in Vegas (The one with that white jacket). I asked our chapter board to send me to Hawaii instead, figuring $500 would go farther there, and they agreed.

When I got back and presented my expenses to the board they said "Mike, you're doing so good for us, we'll pay the whole thing for you." The only things I had to pay for was food, drink, and the education sessions.

The other part was this nice attractive local I met at the hotel bar. She was clearly looking for a... um, well, a place to stay for the night. :)

A girl I dated last summer (the one kissing me in that photo) said I look cute in this one. Personally I don't think so, especially those white socks!

I forget her name but the girl next to me was dating a starter for the 49ers.

post-754-1277049264_thumb.jpg

This is me after I got my wisdom teeth taken out last January.

post-754-1277103712_thumb.jpg

A friend of mine dared me to make it my Facebook profile pic. For a couple hours it was. My mom, who says she never checks Facebook, sent me an email about it at 3 in the morning her time. And she wonders why I won't friend her.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

Don't worry about it, it's just a rushed, distracted post of nothing.

Here is the San Jose State Economics Department a few years ago - some students, some faculty, some alumni. I'm the one holding two beers and not looking at the camera.

post-754-1277254908_thumb.jpg

This made it's way into the alumni magazine. A friend of mine saw it and let me know.

It was dollar beer night. For that price, however, the beers were really small. You really had to get a couple at a time to make it worth fighting the crowd.

That bar / restaurant is now an art gallery. Too bad, I liked that place.