Sign in to follow this  
Mike

Trivia extention

Because of the lack of participation this week I am leaving the questions open for another week. So, be sure to check out the questions during the upcoming week when you have time. I won't be closing them down until next friday, September 30th.. In fact I'm considering conducting the trivia this way from now on. How would you all feel if I left the message board trivia questions open for 2 weeks and have chat sessions once a month ?

Trivia PMs that I have recieved for the week of 09/17/05 - 09/23/05

--------------

ussacclaim

TrekkieMage (3 PMs)

Mrs.Picard

Indy (2 PMs)

pittykitty

HRH The KING

267906[/snapback]

I'd prefer if it stayed the way it is now. I think that two weeks is too long. I usually do the trivia quite quickly but if I get stuck on a question I'll mull it over until the end of the week in case I can come up with the answer. To be honest if I was to do this over a two week period I'd probably forget to send in my answers at all.

I sent my answers. Did you get them?

Edited by sea trooper

I don't have any objections, SpaceTigger. It's fine with me.

I like the idea because I sometimes lack the time for responding to the questions (especially when university is keeping me busy), and I'd love to have 2 weeks for that. :inlove:

especially the way my schedule has been, the two week would be fine. I have been meaning to get back into the trivia.. but I may wait until Oktoberfest season(I am in my family's band) and my two dance competitions are over. In other words probably in December, unless something else comes up... which is extremely possible.

The weekly trivia is a better idea.

I'm burned out on the trivia. I can't keep up the weekly trivia and the chat sessions every other week..It's either going to be a 2 week trivia or decrease the number of questions each week which amounts to the same thing..One other option is for another MOD to take over the trivia..My PM box is open and awaiting suggestions..

I enjoy having the trivia weekly (even if I'm only just getting back into it), but if you need to start taking two weeks in order to keep it going that's okay. :inlove:

Offer ten points per question.

Then people will advance in rank more quickly and you can come up with fewer questions.

Then it satisfies the members and takes the burden off you for the most part.

^ But it takes some of the challenge out of it. And personally, I like the challenge of trying to advance in rank.

It's hardly a challenge.

The answers to most of the questions are easy enough to find.

SpaceTigger mentioned being burned out. Setting fewer questions, perhaps only eight, would ease the load on him.

Ten points per question, with two questions containing bonus questions of five points each, would solve the problem.

As for ranks, until you get to the higher levels, people tend to fly through the lower ranks quickly anyway, so it makes little difference.

Interestingly enough, if the trivia questions are set every week under the current points system, I only need to play trivia for another seven weeks before I achieve Super Q rank and can retire from trivia. :inlove:

a bit off subject, tell me the purpose of rank.

To make ourselves feel big and important.

What does it do for one to have it

It makes ourselves feel big and important.

and is triva the only way to achive it?

Yep.

Just checked out some triva questions, were do you find the answers??

For general facts and figures:

Memory Alpha

StarTrek.COM

For VOY questions:

Ultimate VOY site

For specific references from TNG and DS9:

Link

And that is exactly my problem lately with the trivia. I work so hard all week coming up with good interesting questions. I watch Star Trek every night to get them..And the answers are easiliy found with a couple of strokes of the keyboard..I'm out of good questions to ask..Why should I bother killing myself over this? I have come to realize there are other things I want to do with my spare time. I'm willing to still host the trivia if I can cut it back to having the message board questions open for 2 weeks and host chat sessions once a month..It's either that or another MOD will have to take it over..

Did u get my PM ST?

Yes, I recieved your PM..Thank you..

And that is exactly my problem lately with the trivia. I work so hard all week coming up with good interesting questions. I watch Star Trek every night to get them..And the answers are easiliy found with a couple of strokes of the keyboard..I'm out of good questions to ask..Why should I bother killing myself over this?

Dude, chill.

Don't bother watching the episodes to find questions.

You WILL kill yourself doing all that.

Just use the sites I provided, to find questions.

They don't have to require a Ph.D to answer them. If you make the questions too obscure or difficult, people just tend to say "Meh, who cares" and won't bother answering them.

For example, check this out:

Which educational institute produced a study relating to matter and anti-matter duplication?

Answer?

Click For Spoiler
Kent State University

Nothing has changed..It's either I cut back the Trivia or another MOD will have take it over..

Yeah, no worries, I'm chilled..

OK, it's probably better if I try to keep new trivia questions here every week..So here's my solution..I'm cutting back the number of questions to 8 a week.. And chat sessions less frequently.. Let's see how this works out for me.. There are times when we may not have chat sessions for long periods of time..It's just too much for me to handle both.. It's more important to keep the message board trivia going each week..

I'm sorry you're feeling burnt out, ST. The trivia your provide is always welcome & I hope you know how much we appreciate it. :inlove:

I, too, haven't had time to play lately, so the fewer ques. (and 2 weeks in which to answer them -- if you ever decide to go that way) would prob. help me.

I'll miss the chats, tho. It's so nice seeing everyone. What if you made that say, 20 ques. instead of 40? Perhaps that would help.

A

Thanks Athena..I'm taking everything into consideration so we can move forward with our trivia..I just hope I haven't upset too many people with this but our trivia needs to be cut back a little..Sometimes less is more..