Sign in to follow this  
LordOfTheBorg

If There Was Another Movie, Would You Watch?

Would Yeh?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Would Yeh?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other
    • NO, THEY SHOULD NEVER MAKE ANOTHER TREK MOVIE!

Of course. Even if it looks totally stupid, I have to watch it to prove it. Plus i have never seen a Trek movie in theaters so I really want to do that.

But the only exception is if it stars any idiot actors that I hate.

I would give it a chance and see it at least once. I would prefer another TNG movie but as they say "you can't always get what you want".

It depends.

Depends on the cast.The director.The plot.

I'd probably wait for the DVD, though.

I hate theaters. At home there's no waiting for snacks or the restroom.

And a hot dog and a coke doesn't set me back $8 bucks. :nono:

Ohhhh hell yeah i would,i dont even care what the story line would be.... i would go no questions asked :nono:....just wish they would hurry and make one soon :dude:

It depends. I'd wait for people's opinions and then decide if I go and see it or not. If it were a TNG movie, I'd go, of course, but anything else, no, at least not right away.

I would watch it, but after one weak series, one mega flop series, one weak movie and one disaster of a movie, another poor performing Star Trek movie brings the franchise another step closer to the end.

Come on... who among us wouldn't (at some point)?

I'd see it in the theatre... I've seen all of them since VI: The Undiscovered Country (though I hardly remember that as my dad took me when I was a kid) in the theatre and, even if it reeks of badness, I'd see it because it's Trek. Sounds geeky, but I'm not one to care.

I think TNG movies are played out. I don't know how DS9 ends, so I don't know about the feasability of a DS9 movie. Perhaps they should do a hybrid, with the Voyager/DS9/TNG casts mixed on the Ent-E or an Intrepid-class. Like a "new" captain (not totally new, like Chakotay or Riker or someone who's been on a show, but gets promoted to Captain in the movie) and mixed crew. I'd like to see Tuvok and Seven in there, throw in Geordi... maybe have Quark stow away and wind up needed for something... I dunno, but I'd enjoy a new Trek film.

This Starfleet Academy thing that they are apparently planning doesn't interest me at all. But I would go to see it in the theater. Otherwise, how would I be able to trash it in here?.......lol

I still think the Starfleet Academy idea works best as an animated series.

Either way, it's all good. If the new movie works, then great.

If it doesn't, then Berman fails yet again, the franchise weakens further, and it means I STILL haven't seen any decent new Star Trek since the turn of the century.

Yes, I'd go watch it. Whether it is a good movie or not, I'll only decide after I watch it, although I really hope that it'll be good.

Yeah I would go watch it but chances are its not going to be for a while. Chances are i would proberly wait till its released on DVD, Costs to much to go to the pictures now.

This Starfleet Academy thing that they are apparently planning doesn't interest me at all. But I would go to see it in the theater. Otherwise, how would I be able to trash it in here?.......lol

353201[/snapback]

I wish the Academy rumour would just die and go away for good. Erik Jendresen said this after finishing the first draft of the script:

"This would take place just a couple of years after the end of the events in ENTERPRISE but well before the original series, and it would look at the inciting incident that started everything," he states. "The story is big and epic, and it isn't as antiseptic as the television stories had to be."

He says THE BEGINNING would also not be centered around the traditional STAR TREK model of a captain, crew, and starship.

"We're looking at a very small group of men and women, particularly focusing on one character," explains Jendresen. "There are a couple of ships, including a principal ship, but this is not a traditional captain and crew of a starship story in the least."

That hardly sounds like a movie set at Starfleet Academy, does it.

It doesn't sound like much of an explanation at all. All he says is its going to be big and epic. We'll wait and see. I'm just glad that Paramount has agreed to do another Trek film.

I clicked "Other"  I'd like to think I would, but seeing how I've yet to watch an entire Star Trek movie in its entirety, I can't attest to my first reaction.

360594[/snapback]

You are a Trek fan and have never watched any of the movies in their entirety???... B)

I clicked "Other"  I'd like to think I would, but seeing how I've yet to watch an entire Star Trek movie in its entirety, I can't attest to my first reaction.

360594[/snapback]

You are a Trek fan and have never watched any of the movies in their entirety???... B)

360601[/snapback]

I'm just not a big movie-goer or renter. Just don't have the yen to hit the theaters all that often.

Absolutely!!! No Question..... I'd be there opening night, that the best, being there

with other fans that appreciate the little things that go unnotice by those who don't follow the series as much as I do. B)