Sign in to follow this  
master_q

'Happy Face' crater of Mars

Remember, years ago the picture of the face on Mars? Carl Sagan said that as human beings we are programmed to recognise faces in anything... doorknob and key hole..... house front with windows.. I've stared at the patterns in the tiles in the bathroom and at the threads in the curtains in my bedroom and have seen people dancing, faces... Strange isn't it?

Remember, years ago the picture of the face on Mars? Carl Sagan said that as human beings we are programmed to recognise faces in anything... doorknob and key hole..... house front with windows.. I've stared at the patterns in the tiles in the bathroom and at the threads in the curtains in my bedroom and have seen people dancing, faces... Strange isn't it?

Yeah, that’s very true!

I see “faces” all the time when I look at more abstract things. Yeah, that is strange when I think about it. I guess we could dig up a logical explanation of seeing and having your brain programmed to see common things. For example when you are just learning a foreign language your natural response when reading all of these vowels is to pronounce them in your first language and not pronounce them correctly. Your brain goes to the ordinary. Ok, yes that does not directly connect. But it does have some parallels . . .

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

Yeah, that’s very true!

I see “faces” all the time when I look at more abstract things. Yeah, that is strange when I think about it. I guess we could dig up a logical explanation of seeing and having your brain programmed to see common things. For example when you are just learning a foreign language your natural response when reading all of these vowels is to pronounce them in your first language and not pronounce them correctly. Your brain goes to the ordinary. Ok, yes that does not directly connect. But it does have some parallels . . .

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

I can combine those. I see faces in foreign languages! I learned a bit of Arabic... and there's a letter, pronounced ta'a, that looks just like a happy face. It's my favorite letter. Some langauges have put umlauts over the 'u.' That looks like a happy face, too. ^-^;;

WalMart is rolling back prices on Mars? :andorian:

edited to correct typo..

:theking: ..... Wal-Mart on Mars..... :martok: ! Good one!!!

Yes, I get what you mean. I too see faces on floor tiles and patterns on the ceiling sometimes.

Thanks for pointing that out. :andorian::theking:

:martok:

Just like we see shapes in the clouds

Yeah, and also finding shapes in many many other things.

Like at our gym, we used to have a Coke machine...and the kids would sit in front of it for so long finding objects and characters in the ice and water that was surrounding the coke can image. The most common one the kids found(and were so excited to find) was Rudolph the Red nosed reindeer, and a dump truck.

WalMart is rolling back prices on Mars? :)

That is a good one. I love it.

WalMart is rolling back prices on Mars? :bow:

That is a good one. I love it.

LOL!

I've always found that face to be interesting..If I didn't have such massive problems posting images ( MODS: Don't rush to my assistance, it's okay, I will figure it out one day) I would put up the other pic of a face on mars that just looks like a normal face, pretty creepy. But yea I agree with the other posts, as humans we do see faces in everything.

so what was the explanation for that face on mars. even if we as people "always see faces" you gotta admit that seems way to perfect or something.

so what was the explanation for that face on mars. even if we as people "always see faces" you gotta admit that seems way to perfect or something.

The NASA explanation is that it and all of the Cydonia (<sp?) region is that it is all natural formation.

Maybe Jean-Luc has been holidaying on Mars?

Click for Spoiler:

facewarp.jpg

LOL! :grin: Good one!

Maybe Jean-Luc has been holidaying on Mars?

Click for Spoiler:

facewarp.jpg

OMG!!!! I LOVED that scene! it is so very funny, and a switch from Picard's normal seriousness!