Color quiz

Didn't like this

Psychoanalysis by Color

Longer but interesting - my favorite color isn't what I though it would be:

Career - personality analsysis

edited to add results of quiz:

Actually I prefer peach but it wasn't there:

Lavender

People who love this tint use it sometimes to the exclusion of all other colors. Just as with purple, this person likes to be considered different. You are quickwitted, though usually not intellectual.

The lavender person seeks refinement in life. Yours is a fantasy land where ugliness and the baser aspects of life are ignored. Outward appearences are very important. Gentility and sentimental learnings also go along with this color, as do romance, nostalgia, and delicacy. Since lavender is first cousin to purple, you may aspire to creativity, but if not cabable of it, you tend to encourage those who do have talent.

Edited by TheUnicornHunter

First one: Aqua

Since this is a marriage of the colors green and blue, many of the traits will be combined, but there are added dimensions. You are neat (to the point of fussiness) and well-groomed. You are sensitive, but also sophisticated, self-assured, and (usually) stable.

You help others and usually manage your own affairs very well. Courtesy and charm are characteristics, too. But narcissism is a key word here. Aquas love to dress up to get the admiration of others, but along with admiration, you may also provoke some of the "blue-green-eyed monsters."

The second one was totally off. :laugh:

Gotta go out, I'll take the third test when I get home. :laugh:

Black

This is rarely chosen as a favorite color because it is actually the negation of color. The person who chooses black may have a number of conflicting attitudes. You may be conventional, conservative, and serious, or you may like to think of yourself as rather worldly or sophisticated, a cut above everyone else, or very dignified.

You may also want to have an air of mystery, or, as in the language of the proverbial black negligee, be very sexy. Wit, cleverness, personal security, and prestige are very important to you.

Well, some of that is right. The second one was a little strange. Some of it made sense, but some of it didn't seem to fit me. The third one gave me my favorite color as being red-orange and the job of an air traffic controller. :laugh:

Green

Nature's most plentiful color promises a balance between warmth and coolness, so green people are usually stable and balanced types. This is the good citizen, concerned parent, involved neighbor, and PTA member -- the joiner of clubs and organizations. You are fastidious, kind, and generous.

It is important fo ryou to win the admiration of peers so you are often a "do-gooder." You are a caring companion, loyal friend, partner or lover, with a high moral sence, and are super sensitive to doing the right thing.

You are intelligent and understand new concepts. You are less inclined, however, to risk something new than to do what is popular and conventional. The bad news about green people is that they often have big appetites for food. If you are dieting, it is difficult for you to lose your lumpies. The worst vice for a green is the tendency to gossip. Are you a little green with envy?

That's mostly right except for the gossip and envy part. Cool stuff! :laugh:

Cool! Both were off to a certain degree - but that is to be expected.

Purple

This hue has an aura of mystery and intrigue. The purple person is enigmatic and highly creative, with a quick perception of spiritual ideas. Purple is often preferred by artists. People who like to consider themselves different from the common heard or unconventional often prefer purple.

You are often generous and, at times, charming. Purple is also associated with wit, keen observation, super sensitivity, vanity, and moodiness. Because purple is a combination of red and blue, which are opposites in many ways, you often have conflicting traits. You are constantly trying to balance those opposites -- the excitement of red with the tranquility of blue. It has been said that purple people are easy to live with but hard to know. You can be secretive, so that even when you seem to confide freely, your closest friends never completely understand you. :laugh:

Blue

The color of tranquility and peace, blue tends to be the most preferred color universally.  Although cool and confident (or wishing to be), blues can be vulnerable.  You are trusting and need to be trusted.  You are sensitive to the needs of others and form strong attachments, and are deeply hurt if your trust has been betrayed.

Blue people aspire to harmony, serenity, patience, perserverance, and peace.  You are somewhat social but prefer sticking to your own close cirlce of friends.  You think twice before speaking or acting out.  You are generally conservative, even-tempered, and reliable.

Because of the highly developed sence of responsibility of the blue personality, you must be careful of perfectionist tendencies that may make you unrealistically demanding.  Your gentleness, however, will win out.

If you have trouble falling asleep at night, think of the blues in your colortime, or count blue sheep.

lol, I guess thats me.."try counting blue sheep" ok, i'll do that...

I a Red person:

Just as red sits on top of the rainbow, you like to stay on top of things. You have a zest for life. Remember that red can speed up the pulse, increase the respiration rate, and raise blood pressure. It is associated with fire, heat, and blood, so it is impossible to ignore. And so are you (or would like to be).

The key words associated with red are winner, achiever, intense, impulsive, active, competitive, daring, aggressive. Red people are exciting, animated, optimistic, emotional, and extroverted. Desire is the key word (see "ardent" and "passionate" above), so they hunger for the fullness of experience and living.

Now that you have all the good news, let's hear it for the bad news. Since you crave so much excitement in your life, routine can drive you bananas. Restlessness can make you fickle in your pursuit of new things to turn you on. It is hard for you to be objective and you can be opinionated. You have a tendency to listen to what others tell you and then do whatever you please. Patience is not one of your virtues.

However, you are an exciting person to be with, and alwasy stimulating. The world would be dull place without red people.

and also:

Readily participates in things affording excitement or stimulation. Wants to feel exhilarated.

Has an unsatisfied need to ally herself with others whose standards are as high as her own, and to stand out from the herd. Her control of her sensual instincts restricts her ability to give herself, but the resulting isolation leads to the urge to surrender and allow herself to merge with another. This disturbs her. as such instincts are regarded as weaknesses to be overcome; she feels that only by continued self-restraint can she hope to maintain her attitude of individual superiority. Wants to be loved or admired for herself alone; needs attention, recognition, and the esteem of others.

Unhappy at the resistance she feels whenever she tries to assert herself. However, she believes that there is little she can do and that she must make the best of the situation.

Very exacting in the standards she applies to her choice of a partner and seeking a rather unrealistic perfection in her sex life.

Feels that things stand in her way, that circumstances are forcing her to compromise and forgo some pleasures for the time being.

Longs for tenderness and for a sensitivity of feeling into which she can blend. Responsive to anything esthetic and tasteful

Needs to achieve a stable and peaceful condition, enabling her to free herself of the worry that she may be prevented from achieving all the things she wants.

Wants to be valued and respected, and seeks this from a close and peaceful association of mutual esteem.

And lastly: ooh, there's lots of those...don't think I'll post it here :laugh:

Purple

This hue has an aura of mystery and intrigue. The purple person is enigmatic and highly creative, with a quick perception of spiritual ideas. Purple is often preferred by artists. People who like to consider themselves different from the common heard or unconventional often prefer purple.

You are often generous and, at times, charming. Purple is also associated with wit, keen observation, super sensitivity, vanity, and moodiness. Because purple is a combination of red and blue, which are opposites in many ways, you often have conflicting traits. You are constantly trying to balance those opposites -- the excitement of red with the tranquility of blue. It has been said that purple people are easy to live with but hard to know. You can be secretive, so that even when you seem to confide freely, your closest friends never completely understand you. ;)

:rolleyes: That real close. Love the color purple. Always have and always will. :rolleyes:

Green

Nature's most plentiful color promises a balance between warmth and coolness, so green people are usually stable and balanced types. This is the good citizen, concerned parent, involved neighbor, and PTA member -- the joiner of clubs and organizations. You are fastidious, kind, and generous.

It is important for you to win the admiration of peers so you are often a "do-gooder." You are a caring companion, loyal friend, partner or lover, with a high moral sence, and are super sensitive to doing the right thing.

You are intelligent and understand new concepts. You are less inclined, however, to risk something new than to do what is popular and conventional. The bad news about green people is that they often have big appetites for food(Yillara's note: :rolleyes: Isn't this the truth!!). If you are dieting, it is difficult for you to lose your lumpies. The worst vice for a green is the tendency to gossip. Are you a little green with envy(Maybe....:rolleyes: I have no idea right now....) ?

Always loved the colors green, black, sky blue, and pale yellow.

Purple

You are often generous and, at times, charming. Purple is also associated with wit, keen observation, super sensitivity, vanity, and moodiness. Because purple is a combination of red and blue, which are opposites in many ways, you often have conflicting traits. You are constantly trying to balance those opposites -- the excitement of red with the tranquility of blue. It has been said that purple people are easy to live with but hard to know. You can be secretive, so that even when you seem to confide freely, your closest friends never completely understand you.

What a surprise? blue violet and first career choice- elementary education

right on the nose.

I forgot to come back and take the third test.

Favorite color: blue violet (that part is right)

Top career:

1. HORTICULTURE / ORNAMENTAL HORTICULTURE

I love gardening, but it's not what I'd want to do for a living. Photographer was # 35. That's what I am, and it's all I've wanted to be since I was 14, so the career part of the test was a little off, but not too bad.

The color of tranquility and peace, blue tends to be the most preferred color universally. Although cool and confident (or wishing to be), blues can be vulnerable. You are trusting and need to be trusted. You are sensitive to the needs of others and form strong attachments, and are deeply hurt if your trust has been betrayed.

Blue people aspire to harmony, serenity, patience, perserverance, and peace. You are somewhat social but prefer sticking to your own close cirlce of friends. You think twice before speaking or acting out. You are generally conservative, even-tempered, and reliable.

Because of the highly developed sence of responsibility of the blue personality, you must be careful of perfectionist tendencies that may make you unrealistically demanding. Your gentleness, however, will win out.

If you have trouble falling asleep at night, think of the blues in your colortime, or count blue sheep.

:innocent:

PART ONE

People who prefer this most neutral of all shades are carefully neutral about life. You like to protect yourself from the hectic world, wrapping yourself with the security blanket of a noncommital color. You prefer a secure, safe, balanced existence, and so, unlike the reds in life, you never crave realy excitement, just contentment. It is important for you to maintain the status quo.

You have often made compromises in your lifestyle. You are practical and calm and do not like to attract attention. You are willing to work hard (the grey flannel suit) and to be of service. You are the middle-of-the-road type, cool, conservative, composed, and reliable.

If this makes you feel like a little gray mouse, the consolation is that you will often use a splash of color to make some sort of statement. So you really aren't all that dull!

PART TWO

Your Existing Situation

The situation is difficult and he is trying to persist in his objectives against resistance. Finds it necessary to conceal his intentions as an added precaution, in order to disarm the opposition.

Your Stress Sources

Wishes to be independent, unhampered, and free from any limitation or restriction, other than those which he imposes of himself or by his own choice and decision.

Your Restrained Characteristics

Believes that he is not receiving his share--that he is neither properly understood or adequately appreciated. Feels that he is being compelled to conform, and close relationships leave him without any sense of emotional involvement.

Feels trapped in a distressing or uncomfortable situation and seeking some way of gaining relief. Able to achieve satisfaction from sexual activity.

Clings to his belief that his hopes and ideas are realistic, but needs encouragement and reassurance. Applies very exacting standards to his choice of a partner and wants guarantees against loss or disappointment.

Your Desired Objective

Needs to feel identified with someone or something and wishes to win support by his charm and amiability. Sentimental and yearns for a romantic tenderness.

Your Actual Problem

Seeks to avoid criticism and to prevent restriction of his freedom to act, and to decide for himself by the exercise of great personal charm in his dealings with others.

Didn't do part three but about all of the above^ :innocent:

Ok, that was spooky.

1st one was purple.

Second one was disturbing. :innocent:

3rd one was blue/violet. Such a beautiful color.

Blue

The color of tranquility and peace, blue tends to be the most preferred color universally. Although cool and confident (or wishing to be), blues can be vulnerable. You are trusting and need to be trusted. You are sensitive to the needs of others and form strong attachments, and are deeply hurt if your trust has been betrayed.

Blue people aspire to harmony, serenity, patience, perserverance, and peace. You are somewhat social but prefer sticking to your own close cirlce of friends. You think twice before speaking or acting out. You are generally conservative, even-tempered, and reliable.

Because of the highly developed sence of responsibility of the blue personality, you must be careful of perfectionist tendencies that may make you unrealistically demanding. Your gentleness, however, will win out.

Second Test:

Imaginative and sensitive; seeking an outlet for these qualities--especially in the company of someone equally sensitive. Interest and enthusiasm are readily aroused by the unusual or the adventurous.

The existing situation is disagreeable. Has an unsatisfied need to ally himself with others whose standards are as high as his own, and to stand out from the rank and file. His control of his sensual instincts restricts his ability to give himself, but the resulting isolation leads to the urge to surrender and allow himself to merge with another. This disturbs him, as such instincts are regarded as weaknesses to be overcome; he feels that only by continued self-restraint can he hope to maintain his attitude of individual superiority. Wants to be loved or admired for himself alone; needs attention, recognition, and the esteem of others. (UNDERSTAND COMPLETELY)

Circumstances are forcing him to compromise, to restrain his demands and hopes, and to forgo for the time being some of the things he wants. (SO TRUE)

Seeks affectionate, satisfying and harmonious relationships. Desires an intimate union, in which there is a love, self-sacrifice and mutual trust. (TRUE)

Wants to be valued and respected, and seeks this from a close and peaceful association of mutual esteem (TRUE)

Needs to achieve a stable and peaceful condition, enabling him to free himself of the worry that he may be prevented from achieving all the things he wants. (COULDNT SAY IT BETTER MYSELF)

Third Test:

Scared Me Completely with Results (not gonna list)

Green

It is important for you to win the admiration of peers so you are often a "do-gooder." You are a caring companion, loyal friend, partner or lover, with a high moral sence, and are super sensitive to doing the right thing.

You are intelligent and understand new concepts. You are less inclined, however, to risk something new than to do what is popular and conventional. The bad news about green people is that they often have big appetites for food(Yillara's note: :) Isn't this the truth!!). If you are dieting, it is difficult for you to lose your lumpies. The worst vice for a green is the tendency to gossip. Are you a little green with envy(Maybe....:) I have no idea right now....) ?

Always loved the colors green, black, sky blue, and pale yellow.

from the career one... I am a blue-green person

Vast expanses of sky and ocean accommodate the spirit craving release through a sense of infinity. Their loftiness and depth have endowed their color with a noble character. Blue has historic and symbolic associations with royalty, yet it is also the peoples color. In use, especially in clothing, it flatters nearly everyone. It is the peacemaker of colors. It is cool and soothing. It's negative meanings, confined mainly to sadness or depression, are merely extensions of its positive traits - cool taken to cold, and solitude to isolation. Blue is fundamentally salubrious; blue skies are a patent cure for the blues.

You like things VERY CLEAN ... ( Free from dirt, stain, or impurities; unsoiled )

You love animals and plants.

You also love the ocean, and the earth. A true lover of the "great outdoors".

You are the King or Queen of "Sports"

You are a comedian and love to make people laugh.

You accept rules or difficult situations well.

You live a jolly, extravagant life.

You are very good with CHILDREN.

You are always involved in helping to make your church or community a better place to live in.

You are introverted - ( Marked by interest in or preoccupation with oneself or one's own thoughts as opposed to others or the environment; shy or reserved.)

You are the "thinker" (think, cerebrate, cogitate, reason, reflect, speculate ... These verbs mean to use the powers of the mind, as in conceiving ideas or drawing inferences: thought before answering; sat in front of the fire cerebrating; cogitates about business problems; reasons clearly; took time to reflect before deciding; speculates on what will happen.

Blue-Green is the color connected to the "Respiratory System" of the body.

Blue-Green represents the integrated systems of the world involved in the intake and exchange of materials, products and ideas between people, cities, nations and the environment.