Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

Stargate Atlantis - Did You Like It?

How would you rate The Rising?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate The Rising?

So what did you think, don't compare to SG1 - did you like it in it's own right.

I liked the technical details - sure some of the characters are fuzzy yet but it was just one episode. I think Dr. Weir and Rodney (Dr. ?) are pretty well established. I think Rodney's whining gives it a unique touch.

I was glad to see that there is actually a fairly large community involved - somehow I had the idea it would just be four people.

I thought special effects were terrific and I kept wondering how they did all the make-up for the wraiths.

I'm going to watch it again and then I should have more questions.

I give it a 9. Although, it was a good episode it went by a little slow. I am still giving it the benefit of the doubt as I understand that the series premiere of any show must try to set the foundation for the series so it is not always the best episode in the world. All in all I am still very excited about the series and I will continue to watch.

I gave it a 7. found it ok to watch. But there was too much that reminded me of other Sci-Fi shows and Novels that i know.

I didn't get to see it. WORK!!! :o *sigh* Any chance for a rerun?

I enjoyed the premiere episode. I thought the design of the sets was just awesome. I think they have a really interesting mix of characters and a good story to tell. I am looking forward to more episodes.

Guest Mike_Hines01

I've just watched the first episode and I realy enjoyed it. I gave it a 10 and I'm realy looking forward to the rest of the series.

I didn't get to see it. WORK!!! :bow:  *sigh* Any chance for a rerun?

The premiere episode of STARGATE replays TONIGHT 7/27 @ 8:00 pm.

8-9 or 8-10? If it's the latter, I've got another show to watch at 9.

Cool..I missed the premiere as well..I did watch the 2nd episode on friday and I liked what I saw..But I won't vote until after I see the premiere tonight..

Ace, I'm sure it's on for 2 hours..

I did watch the premiere tonight and I saw the 2nd episode on friday..Backwards I know but I'm just glad I was able to see the premiere tonight..I'm not usually a big Stargate watcher (I do like the show, just can never find the time) but I really liked this Stargate Atlantis..It has lots of possibilities and I like the main characters a lot..I'm giving it a 9..I'll certainly be watching it every Friday..

I said this at SGFans, but I'll say it here, too.

I watched the first hr of the premiere and parts of the second hour, as well as the second episode.

I liked it. The FX were very impressive, and the characters (some of them) are believable and well-acted (Sheppard and McKay seem like the best characters to me so far).

I'll try to get into it, but I don't remember if I have sci-fi up in the college dorm. If not, I'm not sure what to do. :clap:

Oh,,, I give "The Rising" an 8.5.

For a new series, that's high-praise coming from me.