How Long Does It Take You To Do Your Homework

How long does it take you to do your homework  

12 members have voted

1. 1. How long does it take you to do your homework

• 5 Mins
    • 30 + Mins
    • 60 + Mins
    • Over 2 hours

How long does it take you to do your homework? It takes me about 30 mins to do it.

When I was in school my academic homework(Calculus, US History, Chemistry, etc...) took me about 5 to 10 minutes because that's how long homeroom was. My art homework, on the other hand, sometimes tooks days or weeks. :wub:

When I assign homework to my freshmen college students, which may be due the next day or the day after, it is usually designed to minimally take them two hours. Now that is in a single academic subject. If some of you are in high school, your homework should take more that 30 minutes to an hour. I can hardly believe what I just read. If this is going on all over the country, then no wonder my students go into shock when I actually expect them to study......

2 hours...

That's what happens when you go to a private school....

My homework takes at least an hour on a normal night. It's more like 2 or 3 right now but that's cause I got a lot of end of the year projects.

In high school the time went by very quickly; homework was easy for me. In college, it depends on the subject... and the prof. (as a soon-to-be college sophomore, I have a bone to pick with you, mjham :wub: ).

Let's just say that with my schedule some days of around 5 hours of classes, if each instructor expected that much study time, only 9 hours would be left solely for eating and sleeping. :wub:

I'm in college, when I'm in school I have over 2 hours every night. Mostly reading.

In high school, at least 1 hour, most nights 2 hours.

That's all going to change very soon and then I get to give it out instead of receive it. :laugh: :lol:

Of course that means I have to grade all of it too. :bow::look:

Edited by Vulcan IDIC

It really varies. Some nights it takes me 5 minutes, some 5 hours. School is out in a week and two days so it does not really matter anymore anyway. I do not that it is going to take five hours to study for math exam and history test though... :P

In high school the time went by very quickly; homework was easy for me. In college, it depends on the subject... and the prof. (as a soon-to-be college sophomore, I have a bone to pick with you, mjham :P ).

Let's just say that with my schedule some days of around 5 hours of classes, if each instructor expected that much study time, only 9 hours would be left solely for eating and sleeping. :lol:

I don't see a problem here. There is the weekend to recover...... :P

Seriously, the reason I do this is because my freshmen think they are going to learn calculus not studying for three weeks, and cramming the night before the test. It does not work. Plus these courses are prerequisite, and if they do not actually study, they do not retain the knowledge for subsequent course.

As you might suspect, a lot of students avoid my classes. ( But the ones who actually study as I insist learn math ;) .)

I usually do my math homework during my frees in about 20 min, English is like 10, Can His well like 5, Sociology and Archaeology took me over 2 hours in some cases because I loved those courses and the Homework was always fun.