stoned_vulcan

Who Is The Most Talented Tng Actor?

TOS: Leonard Nimoy.

TNG: Patrick Stewart.

DS9: Rene Auberjonois.

VOY: Robert Picardo.

ENT: John Billingsley.

308677[/snapback]

That is a pretty hard list to discount. I think I might have leaned more towards Trinneer on Enterprise, though. Nimoy is the obvious choice for TOS, even though I can't recall seeing him outside of Star Trek (except for Transformers: The Movie. He was the voice of Galvatron).

I would also have to go with Patrick Stewart first and Brent Spiner a very close second. They are both superb actors with unique abilities and range.

I'd have to say Patrick Stewart since it appears hes the only one that can sustain a career outside of Trek.

TOS: Leonard Nimoy.

TNG: Patrick Stewart.

DS9: Rene Auberjonois.

VOY: Robert Picardo.

ENT: John Billingsley.

308677[/snapback]

That is a pretty hard list to discount. I think I might have leaned more towards Trinneer on Enterprise, though. Nimoy is the obvious choice for TOS, even though I can't recall seeing him outside of Star Trek (except for Transformers: The Movie. He was the voice of Galvatron).

308890[/snapback]

I concur and nimoy ventured in directing after ST. Most memorable were 3 men and a baby

Edited by deagletime

That's a hard question to answer, because I think some people would base their decision on who is really the most accomplished actor.

Talent is relevant to how it is applied.

In many different sports and life areas, many people have tremendous talent, but if they don't apply themselves in the way our current society deems appropriate, they are not considered the "best".

Patrick Luc Picard and Data Spiner

313806[/snapback]

:wow::wow: That kind of reminds me of what my brother would call him every time we were watching a non-Trek movie that had Brent in it.

Weer put this together must have known it would be a choie between Stewart and Spiner.

Patrick Stewart did more before Trek (Excalibar, Dune) than Spiner did, and he also did more since (X-Men, Moby Dick, a couple other movies), but Soong had to portray a wider range of personalities in the Soong line than Picard did. Plus Spiner's non-Trek roles (TV's Night Court, Independence Day, The Aviator) he was playing off of better-known actors.

I think Spiner has shown more acting versatility than Stewart. Spiner has played real people whereas all of Stewart's characters are fictional.

I do think Brent is more versatile than Patrick Stewart. Brent can play everything from gentlemen to lunatics to presidents, and Patrick Stewart is usually the commanding type.

Brent is very versatile so I'll go with him as well even though I love Patrick Stewart. People named Brent are just awesome anyway!

(Yes....I am a Brent)

Yet another vote for Data here, he was in my opinion the heart of TNG as mush as Spock was for TOS, Odo for DS9 and to a somewhat lesser degree, The Dr. for VOY.

Sorry for bumping a topic so old I was just browsing through, I have to agree with you here although I thought Data was just Spock many years into the future if you know what I mean. Well- I read it in one of my many Star Trek magazines of my collection, =p . I still think it is bad the old Spock got replaced with the new one in the latest film, imho I don't think anything can replace the original trek.

It seems as if Picard and Data has won the votes?

I'd have to go with the cat that played Spot. His mewling was always right on cue!

It's not real :)

Yeah, Stewart's the classically trained one, but Spiner's no slouch job. Spiner also has the rotten luck of being typecast. Stewart was established before Trek, which is why he's been allowed to expand more beyond Trek. Spiner, not so much.