Sign in to follow this  
KayTroi

Female Hair Styles On Star Trek Shows

What do you think of T'Pol's current hair style?

I think it is a bit out there. She isn't a Romulan Officer; she is a Vulcan Science Officer. Since she doesn't answer to the Vulcan High Command anymore, why must she conform to their ways of dress and their militaristic hair styles. I think the character should be able to wear her hair in a longer fashion. Being a female myself, I think she should look the part not like the character "Starbuck" in the new Battlestar Galactica.

Please tell me what you think about T'Pol's hairstyle. :bag:

I totally agree with you, but undoubtedly some hard-core continuity EDITED FOR OFFENSIVE CONTENT will insist that every Vulcan should have the same haircut based on a very limited picture of the few Vulcans we've seen on ships.

Edited by TransporterMalfunction

In my opinion, I think they hairstylists for this show-Enterprise should change T'Pol's hairstyle. They should make her hair look similar to the hairstyle she had so many years into the future. I can't remember the episode right now but many of you may know which episode I speak of. :)

That hairstyle will be a vast improvement over the one she already has. :bag::rofl:

What do you think of T'Pol's current hair style? 

I think it is a bit out there.  She isn't a Romulan Officer; she is a Vulcan Science Officer.  Since she doesn't answer to the Vulcan High Command anymore, why must she conform to their ways of dress and their militaristic hair styles.  I think the character should be able to wear her hair in a longer fashion.  Being a female myself, I think she should look the part not like the character "Starbuck" in the new Battlestar Galactica.

Please tell me what you think about T'Pol's hairstyle.  :)

T'Pol now wears civilian clothes which suit her nicely, and she has grown out her hair. I dunno why you think she hasn't changed. :bag:

Perhaps they will change her hairstyle, it has happend before on Trek series. I kinda like her hair now compared to the first two seasons. I also view it as practical, which, I think, Vulcans tend to be.

Perhaps they will change her hairstyle, it has happend before on Trek series.  I kinda like her hair now compared to the first two seasons.  I also view it as practical, which, I think, Vulcans tend to be.

Yes, it is better now, and I agree that they shouldn't go too over the top with it because they are still serving on a starship. There has to be some practicality to it.

Perhaps the problem is that Ent has a different hair stylist than the movies in which Vulcan women wore longer or different hairstyles.

Edited by Admiral Kirk

I'm afraid I can't figure T'Pol out this season - as a Vulcan I would have thought she would be practical above all else and perhaps , now that she is no longer a member of the High Command, wanting to blend in a little with her shipmates. So her hair would not have been coloured (never heard of a Vulcan doing that!) but perhaps just left to grow out a bit - and as for those in your face outfits I don't think so!! We all know why she is in those! I would have thought she should have no interest in her appearance above being clean and practical and she certainly shouldn't want to stand out out like the sore thumb she does.

O.K. T'Pol has changed a lot. I still say should grow her hair out a little longer. T'Pol looks like she belongs in a Romulan Military or somewhere like it.

I do agree with you Captain Jean-Luc Picard. T'Pol has come a long way. The character has grown so much. In the beginning, she didn't like to be around humans too much because of their odors. T'Pol came around when she got to know and trust them.

I still say change the hairstyle

To all of you stating that T'Pol's hair should be longer, all I have to say is, that it takes time. Try growing out your hair, and see how long it gets in less than one year's time. You can't expect a drastic change overnight.

I like her hairstyle. It's short and easy to maintain. I don't think a Vulcan woman would see the logic in maintaining a fanciful hairstyle. In human terms women often do more with their hair, makeup, and nails to attract a mate. I don't see too many male Vulcans out there beating down T'Pol's door, but then maybe they would value different qualities then what the human male does. Crystal

I think her hairstyle fits her personality, very logical, she's a busy woman, why would she want long hair to fuss with?