Sign in to follow this  
Danny

Shouldn't The Next Movie Be Out Early Next Year?

It takes about 2 years to make a movie so should we be expecting the next TNG movie by early 2005 or will they drag their feet like last time and stretch it to 4 years? In the trailor to Nemesis they said it was the final journey. Do you think it's over for TNG?

it's way too early to tell. Nemesis has been out for what? maybe alittle over a year now, right? if they ARE planning a movie, convincing the company to finance it after the less than stellar performance by Nemesis will be hard.

I honestly think Nem was our last Trek film for a good while, but I hope I'm wrong. :idea:

It takes about 2 years to make a movie so should we be expecting the next TNG movie by early 2005 or will they drag their feet like last time and stretch it to 4 years? In the trailor to Nemesis they said it was the final journey. Do you think it's over for TNG?

1. First Contact proved that a blockbuster Trek movie can be produced in just two years.

2. Nemesis took four years to produce due to problems working out contracts with the actors.

3. The Nemesis trailer says, "A Generation's Final Journey Begins" meaning that this will be TNG's last movie or the final TNG story spanning Nemesis and a 5th/final movie.

4. Since Nemesis failed at the box office, the 11th movie will not feature the complete TNG cast, but rather a crew from another series or a mixed crew.

I'm a relatively new trekkie, so I don't know a whole lot about the movies, but I do think it will be a few more years before there is a new movie. I remember going to see Nemesis, and it was the first time I saw a Star Trek movie (and I thought it was awesome. I didn't tell Jim, but I thought Tom Hardly looked pretty good in leather!) but, from what I understand, it wasn't the best producing movie they've had. so, maybe they will wait a few years.

I'm a relatively new trekkie, so I don't know a whole lot about the movies, but I do think it will be a few more years before there is a new movie. I remember going to see Nemesis, and it was the first time I saw a Star Trek movie (and I thought it was awesome. I didn't tell Jim, but I thought Tom Hardly looked pretty good in leather!) but, from what I understand, it wasn't the best producing movie they've had. so, maybe they will wait a few years.

Off Topic:

Here's a quick timeline for the TNG movies. :idea:

Generations - 2293/2371, flashback is set months after ST-6, present-time is set durring DS9's 3rd season, but before VOY premieres.

First Contact - 2373/2063, present-time is set durring DS9's 5th season, VOY's 3rd season. DS9's "Defiant" ship makes a cameo as well as Robert Picardo "The Doctor" as the Enterprise's EMH.

Insurrection - 2375, set durring DS9's 7th/final season, VOY's 5th season.

Nemesis - 2379, set four years after DS9 ended, two years after VOY ended. Worf has returned to the Enterprise as a member of the crew and Janeway makes a cameo.

I hope this helps. :laugh:

I've managed to get caught up on all the movies, but the progression on the timeline seems to be either one every 2 years, or one every 4 years. so maybe it will be 4 years before we see Star Trek 11.

it would be cool to see the Titan. I know someone posted a ship chart that had what I am assuming is an unofficial USS Titan on there...wow, it's a monster!

3. The Nemesis trailer says, "A Generation's Final Journey Begins" meaning that this will be TNG's last movie or the final TNG story spanning Nemesis and a 5th/final movie.

I'll believe it's the last movie when no more are made. While I don't completely expect a new one to be made for TNG I won't say "it's all over" either.

Saying "A Generation's Final Journey Begins" doesn't mean there will be no more TNG movies though. You can begin a Journey and take 3 movies to completed it.

Ronald Reagan said in his final letter the the American people, "I now begin the journey that will lead me into the sunset of my life." That didn't mean that his journey ended with that letter though, just that the journey to reach the end has begun. That journey for President Reagan began 10 years ago.

So don't put all of your money on that line from the trailer.

As for a new movie coming out soon, I haven't heard any talk of a new movie. If they were to have one ready by next year there would surely be something said about it by now.

VBG, what I ment is that the "tag line" was to indicate that this would be the final TNG movie unless it's a huge success, in which case it'd still be the "final journey", but that we'd get an arc like movies 2-4. They explain this in the DVD bonus features. :roflmao:

Ok we all know the creators and writers are very resourceful, all the great movies and series. What I think is that the next movie should be another TNG movie which ends the whole era. Ok so we had a series in the 22nd century 23rd and 24th century, actually three in the 24th century. I think that after we rap up the 24th century with a new TNG movie that Paramount make a new series set in the 25th century starting with a new movie with an 'All New' cast, with new technology and ships.

VBG, what I ment is that the "tag line" was to indicate that this would be the final TNG movie unless it's a huge success, in which case it'd still be the "final journey", but that we'd get an arc like movies 2-4.  They explain this in the DVD bonus features. :o

Don't always take things at face value though. They could easily come out with 5 more TNG movies or never do another one.

Rocky V was supposed to be the last installment of that movie but they are making VI now.

Ok we all know the creators and writers are very resourceful, all the great movies and series. What I think is that the next movie should be another TNG movie which ends the whole era. Ok so we had a series in the 22nd century 23rd and 24th century, actually three in the 24th century. I think that after we rap up the 24th century with a new TNG movie that Paramount make a new series set in the 25th century starting with a new movie with an 'All New' cast, with new technology and ships.

I don't like this idea at all. To me, TNG/DS9/VOY is not just "the 24th century", but rather three seperate shows. Just becuase they're all in the same time period, that does not mean you can wrap up 21 seasons and 4 movies of Trek with a single movie. NEMESIS works as an ending to TNG, and I've no problem with a mixed-crew movie, but I feel if you're going to give each show an ending past it's finale, then each show should have their own movie. Personally, I just don't see how you can wrap all that up in a single movie.

A new series in the 25th century? I'd rather stick to the 22nd century for a while. :o However, a big screen movie to start series six would be awesome!

I wouldn't be so certain. Yes it does say "A Generation's Final Journey Begins" but it does not say "A Generation's Final Journey Ends", hence it is not definately the last TNG film.

I feel that the poor showing of Nemesis really buried any chance of another TNG movie..I would like to see it happen but I'm not very hopeful..And DS9 and Voyager weren't as popular as TNG..So where does that leave us?...Nowhere..We're getting close to 2 years since Nemesis and I think it'll be years before were see another Trek movie..Just my opinion and I do hope that I'm wrong...But I think Nemesis killed off future Trek movies for quite a while..

I feel that the poor showing of Nemesis really buried any chance of another TNG movie..

I agree.

I would like to see it happen but I'm not very hopeful..

It's possible, but not very probable.

And DS9 and Voyager weren't as popular as TNG..

Why would this keep them from getting a movie? If the fan base is large enough, and if the script is good enough, either series could get a movie.

So where does that leave us?...Nowhere..

I disagree. We could see a TNG movie with major cast changes, including Riker as captain of the Enterprise. Other options are DS9, VOY, a mixed crew, or possibly an ENT movie.

We're getting close to 2 years since Nemesis and I think it'll be years before were see another Trek movie..

I disagree, I think we could expect 2 DS9, VOY, or mixed-crew movies, and then maybe an ENT movie.

Just my opinion and I do hope that I'm wrong...But I think Nemesis killed off future Trek movies for quite a while..

I disagree. NEMESIS may have killed off the chance of a 5th TNG movie, but does that have to do with having, say, a DS9 or VOY movie?