Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

Genealogy Advice

You can hire experts to search through the records to trace your linage outside of the internet. That what my uncle did ;)

I have a subscription at Ancestry.com. I have been very pleased with their databases. If you are searching for records for ancestors in the US or Britain they have quite a few databases to search through. I've had very good luck in finding information on my relatives in Canada too. Depending on the level of subscription you purchase the more records you can access. I have found the census records and information listed on the site to be very helpful.

If you want to test it to see what type of results you can get you could PM me a name that I can run a quick search on and I'll let you know what the results are. If you can supply a little more information like birth information then I could narrow down the search to get more specific results.

Unfortunately many European countries are not included and Eastern European countries are incredibly difficult to find information for no matter where you go.

Nemesis, not only is it more fun, it's a lot cheaper. I know of a person who hired someone to trace her family history. The researcher did get quite far back (abour 1200's or something) but it cost her over $10,000.