Sign in to follow this  
Bakula Bird

Star Trek: The Adventure

I had the pleasure on Sunday of visiting the Star Trek: The Adventure exhibition in London and can i just say 'Oh Boy!'

It was so fantastic! It had to be the best day out i have had in a long time. I don't know how different it is to ones you have had in the States, but i was very impressed. The first thing i noticed was that all the people who worked there were wearing blue jumpsuits, which i thought was a nice touch! They had gone to such a lot of trouble with about 5 or 6 different featurettes that were playing around the different areas, which had make-up artists etc discussing their work on ST. There were loads of props, fact files, make-up and set pieces, such as Quark's Bar and Klingon throne chair thingys! There was a Voyager Shuttle simulator ride that took you through a wrecked Borg Cube (we went on it 10 times, as it was free and there wasn't a queue!!! - and also we are quite mad!) And there was a room that had been made up to look like the Torpedo Room from Enterprise, it was so realistic with data screens and flashy lights etc! And the cafe even had Windows showing a space scene so that you could sit there and feel like you were on a ship! We also had our photos taken in the transporter room next to a CGI MR Worf and there was the option to have yourself put in an episode of TOS. But the real icing on the cake was the last bit - a chance to experience being on the Enterprise! We were guided onto a set where we saw the Warp core/coil (i never know which it is) and then it started to glow and emitt smoke and a Red alert started and we were ushered through some very authentic slidey doors into Turbo Lifts, which whilst they were not real, were so well done with moving lights to make you feel like the lift was moving and there was a power failure in there with flickery lights and more smoke. Then when we emerged from the lift we found ourselves walking onto... the bridge of the Enterprise D! We all just stood there with gaping mouths!! It was absolutely amazing! Everything looked was so perfect! Then there was a battle reinactment with the Borg on the view screen. It was all just soooooo good and we all walked away beaming from ear to ear! The only downer on the day was that souvenirs were so expensive, but we did all end up buying a box set of limited Edition ST beers - Ferengi, Klingon and Romulan!

You are prob all bored after reading all that, but i am still giddy with excitement and wanted to share my fab day with you guys! I am sure i have missed a lot out as there was sooooo much there! When i get my photos developed i will post them on a website. Live long and prosper!

That was great, sounds like you had a very good time. For us in the USA, the closest attractions like you speak of are The Star Trek Experience in Las Vegas Nevada. We have not been there yet but we hope to someday. I am anxious to experience the Transporter Simulator; I wonder how they do that?

did you make it to the one the had in DC, Alterego, at the air and space museum in 1992 i think it was that was great. I saw the Star Trek: The Adventure exhibition in London on CNN when it opened and it does look cool, yet another reason i need to travel to London :D :)

did you make it to the one the had in DC, Alterego, at the air and space museum in 1992 i think it was that was great. I saw the Star Trek: The Adventure exhibition in London on CNN when it opened and it does look cool, yet another reason i need to travel to London  :)  :)

Nope, never been there. Navada would be about 2,000 miles closer to us than DC would be.

Always seems the great attractions are never a short trip away from us. Even Trek Cons stopped coming to our town cause of lack of attendance :D and the closest Con we could ever have a chance to visit would be in LA. Calif.

That's a great story! It makes me wish I had been there with you! Living in Virginia Las Vegas is a whole country away and I've never been there. In fact I've never been west of Texas (Was there when I was in the Army). I plan on going to Vegas one day for the sole reason of the Star Trek Adventure.

I greatly look forward to seeing your pictures!!

Living in Alberta, Canada, Vegas literally IS a whole country away. Lol. I wish I could go to Star Trek: The Experience especially since rumours are rising that it may be shutting down. I would also love to go see Star Trek: The Adventure. It's just impractical since I am only 16. I, too, cannot wait to see your pictures.

I just had to re-read this, Makes me feel like I was there with you. Be sure to update us on your pictures when you have them online, I look forward to seeing them.

Here's a "Blast from the past" as far as posts go but I'm reviving it because we never did get to see those Pictures...

Did you ever get them online?

I am glad you brought this one out of hiding VBG. I had not seen it and I ended up reading the story twice wishing I had been there.

Also, with all the Convention stuff in the works I found it great to see your post about going to Las Vegas someday just to see the Experience.

sounds cool, i only hope i can go to vegas next year. (on my knees begging, and sayin please please please please.) we'll see if that works. ;)

I am glad you brought this one out of hiding VBG.  I had not seen it and I ended up reading the story twice wishing I had been there.

Also, with all the Convention stuff in the works I found it great to see your post about going to Las Vegas someday just to see the Experience.

LOL yeah it all comes back around doesn't it? And after reading the posts again I see I've been buggin her about those Pics since March... LOL

I have only just got round to finishing up the camera film (i am a nightmare for that) and i sent it off last week to be developed, so i expect the pictures should come back to me very soon and i will get them online asap! Sorry it's been so long!!

I have only just got round to finishing up the camera film (i am a nightmare for that) and i sent it off last week to be developed, so i expect the pictures should come back to me very soon and i will get them online asap!  Sorry it's been so long!!

No need to be sorry ;) I look forward to seeing them.