Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

Crew Manners

I notice whenever the crew eats in the mess hall they get up and leave their plates on the table. That just bothers me - shouldn't they carry their tray to a collection bin; now I understand there would be a steward at the Captain's table but in the mess hall?

I agree too.. And it doesn't seem like anyone ever finished their food either, there is always a lot left on the plate.. and it really irritates me.. :)

Captain's Mess....sure, leave dishes and thats ok. Senior officers...sure, they can leave their plates too. Lower-class crewmen, however, should clean their own mess up! :)

I would think that all the crew would clean up after themselves. It is a little different though if they are called to duty during their meal. But maybe the mess is their equivalent of going to a full service restaurant.

Sure have to be a lot of crewman working with the food if the mess is like a restaurant..

And surely there must be more then one cook, don't you agree?

Sure have to be a lot of crewman working with the food if the mess is like a restaurant..

And surely there must be more then one cook, don't you agree?

I've had the same thought. Surely Chef gets time off...

It has been awhile since I was in the Service and being in the kitchen was not the function I had signed on for but I remember the cook was a serviceman himself (not a civilian) and was at least present at the serving of every meal It was each diners responsibility to buss our own dishes to the scullery.

Yeah,when I was in the Army we had to clean up after ourselves in the mess hall after eating.Don't understand why the crew of the Enterprise doesn't do it.

But if you remember when Chef was ill, Hoshi had to take over cooking the crews meals. But thinking about it there was another male officer in the kitchen helping her.

And wasn't the guy from the future, I forget his name, was it Simmons. Anyway wasn't he a ship's steward as well?

"Daniels" and he did say to Archer, while trying to earn his trust; "Didn't I always make sure your eggs were the way you wanted them", sounds like a Steward to me, if I understand the definition.

Yes, it was Daniels, sorry. Watched Stargate SG-1 last night and was thinking of Simmons from there for some reason.