Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Favorite 60's Sitcoms

Here's a list of some of my favorite shows from the 60's:

Andy Griffith Show

The Munsters (Who could ever forget 1313 Mockingbird lane)

I Dream of Jeannie

Bewitched

Green Acres

The Beverly Hillbillies

Get Smart

The Adams Family (Not as much as The Munsters though)

I know there must be more but I can't think of any others at the moment.

I know most of them here's a couple more

SGT.BILKO

I LOVE LUCY

MY FAV MARTIAN

MR.ED

Edited by hangon

My Favorite Martian was real good, I forgot about that one.

I Love Lucy was more of a 50's show though.

Another I forgot is the (Please stop me from cursing) Van Dyke Show.

I Love Lucy was more of a 50's show though.

Sorry my mom shouted that one out.. :force:

DADSLOGO.gif is the greatest comedy of the 60's if that counts as a sitcom.

Steptoe and Son

Green Acres

The Phil Silvers Show a.k.a Sgt.Bilko

Mr. Ed

Bewitched (Never really liked I Dream of Jeannie)

Hancock

I do like I Love Lucy as well, but as mentioned above it was a 50's show.

I also like The Frost Report but that is more of a sketch show, like Monty Python, than a sitcom.

I watched and liked (;)) most all of the shows listed so far but I've never heard of Steptoe and Son or Hancock. ;)

Though not a favorite of mine I'll add Petticoat Junction (spinoff of green Acres) to the list.

All time Favorite? Hints; 1. Missed it by THAT much! 2. We are Chaos! We do not snivel here! 3. Please don't tell me he has a bomb! He has a bomb Max. I ASKED you not to tell me that!

All time Favorite? Hints; 1. Missed it by THAT much! 2. We are Chaos! We do not snivel here! 3. Please don't tell me he has a bomb! He has a bomb Max. I ASKED you not to tell me that!

;) Right on... ;)

I watched and liked (;)) most all of the shows listed so far but I've never heard of Steptoe and Son or Hancock. ;)

Both are British comedies. Steptoe and Son is the more famous and centres around father and son in the rag and bone trade, and all the arguments between them. As much of a classic as Dad's Army!

steptoedoc.jpg

Hancock or Hancock's Half Hour was a very popular show in the 50's and 60's. The show starred Tony Hancock playing a loser who considers himself very high up the social ladder. Sid James and a couple of the other Carry On stars started off here. Another one that I would recommend to anyone.

th01.jpg

I like several, but not many can beat the Andy Griffith Show. Good ol' Mayberry. ;)

I remember a sitcom based on the movie Mr. Roberts - all I remember is them arguing about the Palm Tree. There's very little info about it at tvtome or imdb.

I can't remember having a favorite sictom though I probably liked the Adams Family better than the Munsters.

I'm not sure but I think Sanford and Son was based on Steptoe and Son.

Ok then I get em now, S & S is like our Sanford & Son and Hancock seems to be the inspiration for an 80's sitcom: Get a Life.  ;)

Yes thats it. I saw an episode of Sanford & Son a while back and I have to say that it compared very poorly to Steptoe IMO.

As for Hancock (thinking about it now it isn't really a sitcom), if you watch it you can see aspects used in Faulty Towers, Blackadder, Rising Damp....

Anyone like Morcambe and Wise? Not a sitcom and more 70's than 60's but I'd still be interested to see if anyone likes them.

I would have to go with Monty Python, Get Smart, the Wayne and Shuster specials (Canadians will remember them but for our American friends Wayne and Shuster hold the record for the most guest appearances on the Ed Sullivan Show), (Please stop me from cursing) Van Dyke and others that I can't think of right now. lol

As for Sanford & Son, I believe that it was based on Steptoe & Son. I liked Three's Company (going into the 70's here) but I preferred the original British series it was based on Man About the House.

Yay! I love Tv land!! ok here are some faves:

Bonanza!

Gilligan's Island

The Munsters (I love Herman!!)

Sanford and Son

Steptoe and Son (yes I know it)

Get Smart!!! ("Aha! The old Professor Peter Peckinpah all purpose anti-personnel Peckinpah pocket pistol under the toupee trick.")

Guest Ktrek

I loved and do love the Munsters. I just wish they would remaster it and put the complete series on DVD. Get Smart I would also buy on DVD. Another sitcom that I didn't see anyone one list was Hogan's Heroes. We used to watch that all the time! Does Batman count as a Sitcom? I thought, and still do, that it was a scream. :wow: I love Lucy was also very well written. The enduring quality of the 60's sitcoms is proven by the fact that most are still in syndication. Many of the sitcoms of the 70's and 80's are not.

Ktrek

When I was working at a different law firm I got a file for one lawyer and he had a note written on it for anyone who worked on the file. Another lawyer in the same firm was representing the other party so he had written on the file that if the other lawyer was around when the file was being discussed to use the CONE OF SILENCE!!!! I loved the cone of silence.

Can anyone old enough to have seen it in its original run remember wishing you could have a phone in your shoe?

When I was a kid I thought the word chaos was actually spelled KAOS because of Get Smart. LOL

Guest Ktrek

Anyone interested in sitcoms I found a great website. It's called

Sitcoms Online

They also have a great message board here:

Sitcom Message Board

And for any of you Adam West Batman fans here is a message board worth a visit:

BATMAN

Ktrek