Sign in to follow this  
Shrek

Porthos

Porthos is adorable. I wonder what made them decide on a Beagle for Capt. Archers dog.

I wonder what made them decide on a Beagle for Capt. Archers dog.

One suggestion could be that they are making a political message regarding animal testing, as Beagles are often used for testing cosmetics.

What do you guys think of Porthos? I think he is a cool dog!

Yeah I like Porthos and I think it is a nice touch to the series, although I personally prefer to own bigger dogs such as Labs.

Definitely a nice touch... gives Enterprise a better feel of "home" and somehow helps promote that this is Earth's first starship to undertake an exploration of such magnitude. :force:

Porthos is adorable.  I wonder what made them decide on a Beagle for Capt. Archers dog.

Maybe it's just because the Enterprise is somewhat cramped. Something like a doberman, St. Bernard, or Irish Setter wouldn't fit in too well. Just a thought.

As a dog owner myself, I love Porthos. ;)

But ....

I still think dogs shouldn't be on a starship given the dangers and the nature of its mission. Yes on a floating palace like the Galaxy class 2 centuries later, but no on earths first starship.

Edited by Stewey

I love having Porthos aboard and he is a great actor, you hardly EVER see him looking at the trainer!

Should he be there? Certainly why not? Because it might be hazardous to his health? That's silly, EVERYONE there is taking risks, is he more important than the crew?

Does anyone think if given a chance to choose to go or not Porthos would say no he don't? I've never known a dog that doesn’t want to go for a ride; he is the luckiest dog that ever lived!

I love Porthos!!! ;) He is absolutely adorable. And though I like cats more, I think Porthos is way better than Data's cat, Spot. For one, he's cuter ;) Data should have gotten a different kitten, perhaps a calico kitty.

:)

Jaina

I'm a dog and cat lover, so Porthos is pretty cool. However, I still don't think he belongs on the ship just because Cap'n wants him there. ;) I would've liked it much better if they stated that, say, Starfleet agreed to let him on board because they wanted to see how long-term space travel would affect a dog? I dunno; I'd just like a little more of a purpose for his presence.

That said, yep, he's a great little actor or actress. I'm sure for some people he puts a couple of "awww" moments into whatever eps. he's in. ;)

Porthos is one of my favorite people on Enterprise. AE, when you said "go for a ride" it reminded me of something I came across some time ago. It's a fan-fic written from Porthos' point of view. Check this out: Porthos

Porthos is one of my favorite people on Enterprise.  AE, when you said "go for a ride" it reminded me of something I came across some time ago.  It's a fan-fic written from Porthos' point of view.  Check this out:  Porthos

GREAT LINK INDY!!!! That was good fun.

Glad you enjoyed it. It's pretty funny stuff. I only wish the author had done more.

Thanks for the link. I loved the Puppy logs.

Porthos is great on the show. He's adorable. Glad he got so much screen time in "Dear Doctor". Rates a 10 on the awwww scale!