Sign in to follow this  
master_q

Enterprise Ratings Update

Enterprise Ratings Update

To keep everyone up-to-date on how ENT is doing in its ratings I’m creating this topic to continue to update everyone. So ever time there is a update available on the Internet I’ll post it in this topic.

And as always your comments are more then welcome and encouraged.

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

Past Updates

According to ratings Paramount was disappointed on how “The Crossing” did.

QUOTE [TrekToday]:

"The Crossing" managed only a 4.0 rating/6 share in the overnight ratings, giving it the lowest overnights of 2003 and placing it above only "Vanishing Point" for the season.

“Judgment” was another episode that seemed to get some fewer viewers. According to TrekToday & its source MediaWeek this episode is the . . .

[TrekToday]

second-lowest first-run overnight ratings since the series premiered in 2001

Master Q

New Update {4/18/03}

According to TrekToday & Mediaweek

Enterprise's ratings continued to decline for the third week in a row on Wednesday night.

"Horizon" scored a 3.5 rating / 5 share, according to overnight ratings figures published at Mediaweek. This means approximately 3.5% of American households with television sets were tuned into Enterprise, while the episode was viewed by 5% of households watching television at the time.

Ever since it returned from reruns earlier this month, Enterprise's ratings have not been on par with its previous season two figures. On April 2, "The Crossing" managed a 3.9/6 overnight rating, down from the previous first-run episode, "Canamar", which scored a 4.5/7. A week later on April 9, "Judgment" dropped slightly from "The Crossing's" figures to a 3.8/6. But "Horizon's" 3.5/5 overnight rating is only just above Enterprise's lowest overnight, a 3.4/5 scored by "Vanishing Point" during the traditionally low-rating Thanksgiving period.

Enterprise came fifth in its 8:00 p.m. timeslot, beating the WB's Dawson's Creek (2.9/5) by 21 percent. Fox won the hour, with That 70s Show and American Idol scoring a 7.6/12 and 12.7/19, respectively. Dateline NBC (6.3/10) came second, followed by CBS's Star Search (5.9/9) and repeats of My Wife and Kids (6.1/10) and George Lopez on ABC (5.7/9).

At 9:00 p.m. a repeat of UPN's revival of The Twilight Zone (2.2/3) couldn't manage anything better than last place, earning a spot in the list of Marc Berman's "losers" for the night. The WB's Angel beat the anthology series by 55 percent with a 3.4/5.

UPN was also in its usual last position with a nightly average of 2.8/4; the WB beat the Enterprise network with a 3.1/5. Fox's 9.1/14 average ensured the network emerged as the Wednesday night winner, followed by NBC (7.9/12), ABC (7.4/11) and CBS (5.9/9).

Please note that these figures only represent the overnight ratings from the top television markets in the country. The final national ratings, measuring all markets, should be available in a week's time. As Star Trek tends to be most popular in large urban markets, the final figures are usually lower than the overnight ratings.

--From TrekToday

What do you think about this?

Master Q

Update - 4/24/03

"Enterprise's overnight ratings rebounded"

Enterprise's overnight ratings rebounded last night, as the show rose from a 3.5 rating/5 share last week for "Horizon" to a 3.8 rating/6 share this week.

Overnight figures for "The Breach" according to Zap2It, indicate that approximately 3.8% of American households with television sets were tuned into Enterprise, while 6% of households watching television at the time were tuned to the show. The overnight ratings measure only metered markets, meaning that they estimate ratings from the top television markets in the U.S.

Enterprise's ratings are still down for the month of April, but "The Breach" earned similar numbers to "Judgment" on April 9. It represents an improvement over "Horizon" which was one of the lowest-rated episodes of the season.

Enterprise came fifth in its 8:00 p.m. timeslot once again, beating the WB's Dawson's Creek but trailing That 70s Show and American Idol on Fox, Star Search on CBS, the NBC special Psychic Secrets Revealed, and My Wife and Kids and George Lopez on ABC.

UPN's The Twilight Zone at 9 p.m. brought down the network's ratings for the night, as Angel gave the WB a boost in the later hour, and The West Wing with guest star Matthew Perry won the hour and the night for NBC.

Please note that these figures only represent the overnight ratings from the top television markets in the country. The final national ratings, measuring all markets, should be available next week. As Star Trek tends to be most popular in large urban markets, the final figures are usually lower than the overnight ratings.

--TrekBBS

Master Q

yuck. im starting to get worried. i hope paramount keeps up hope and keeps enterprise going. its the second best star trek series, next to only tng. but, if the fans come back, the show could go on for 5 more seasons!

I raelly think that they should sendicate Enterprise and get it off of UPN.

Absolutely, the only other option is for UPN to go cable. UPN is carried here by FOX - afterhours - which means staying up to midnight to watch it.

Fox and TNN seem to be big Star Trek supporters. I remember watching TNG every night at 7 on FOX. I hope FOX will give us a hand! I think this is one of the best series yet and UPN is screwing it up.

New Update 5/5/03

The complete ratings for Enterprise for the month of April show inconsistent viewership, with a drop-off in the numbers of viewers since February sweeps yet relatively constant rankings.

According to The Futon Critic, "The Crossing", which was the highest-rated episode of the period, earned a 2.6 total rating/4 share. This means that approximately 2.6% of American households with television sets were tuned to Enterprise, and that the episode was seen by 6% of households watching television at the time.

Yet "The Crossing" received the lowest total ratings for any new episode in 2003, and the decline was more marked the next week, when "Judgment" managed only a 2.5/4 national rating. This puts it on par with "Vanishing Point", the episode that aired the night before Thanksgiving, traditionally a low-rated period.

"Horizon" received the lowest rating and share of any new Enterprise episode with a rating of 2.2. Yet it ranked as the 94th most watched program in the US that week -- the same ranking as "The Crossing" received, and two places higher than "Judgment" which finished in 96th place.

Viewer numbers rebounded slightly for "The Breach", which received total ratings of 2.3/4. Yet the show was ranked only 103rd, the first time in 2003 that a new episode dropped out of the top 100, and Futon Critic estimated that only 3.2 million people watched it, as opposed to 3.4 million viewers for "Horizon".

So Enterprise had an uneven month heading into May sweeps, of which "Cogenitor" will be considered the first episode because it aired in the week that encompassed May 1.

--TrekToday http://www.trektoday.com/news/050503_02.shtml

Master Q

It seems that the entire Star Trek Universe will all depend on the following show stopping epiosdes that will lead to the season fanile. I think that ENT has been doing some risky business being all sweet and nice at first, but then they encountered some hostile aliens and needed to show their strenghts. I believe that the new season they will have an offensive approach, I do not think they cannot do a radical change, but they can add a (TWO YEARS LATER thing and see the start of the Enterprise Heated Battle), but that is all a guess.) :innocent:

Does anyone know how they track the ratings? Is it only based off of those that have the ratings boxes in their homes, or how do they do it?

well my guess is that the next episode with the Borg is going to be a major deciding factor on whether to keep enterprise going...bestofbothworlds, scorpion, endgame ...all classic high ratin borg episodes....if the next one flops , quite honestly it may be the end of enterprise....

i dont know about the end of enterprise, after all it wasnt the worst rated show, and i think the whole ratings thing is so bogus, give a box to a handful of people, how does that even compare to the actual average of what people are watching. as for upn yeah i had such high hopes when it first came on to the scene, but they havent lived up to that at all i liked two show on upn, first ENTERPRISE, obviously we love it. second SU2 special unit 2, was humerous, and pretty good, but boom its gone, that disapointed me greatly. upn needs to do something drastic to get people to pay attention to it, and i think even with poor ratings ENTERPRISE is their best draw so i dont think youll see it going anywhere anytime soon, i hope for at least the next 5 to 6 years. :laugh::dude::dude:

Update 5/8

The Borg assimilated Star Trek viewers last night as they have so often done in the past, bringing Enterprise elevated ratings during a competitive week in sweeps month.

According to MediaWeek.com, "Regeneration" finished two-tenths of a ratings point higher than last week's "Cogenitor", bringing in a 4.2 rating/6 share. This means that approximately 4.2% of American households with television sets were tuned to Enterprise, and that the episode was seen by 6% of households watching television at the time.

But these numbers are still below those of last year's May sweeps episode, none of which received less than a 4.4/7. They are also lower than the ratings for "Canamar" during February sweeps, which brought in a 4.5/7.

NBC won the night by a narrow margin on the strength of its dramas The West Wing and Law & Order in the 9 and 10 p.m. timeslots. But FOX continues to dominate Enterprise's hour with That '70s Show and American Idol. Enterprise finished fifth, slightly ahead of the next-to-last episode of Dawson's Creek on The WB.

The season finale of Angel earned a 3.7/5 for The WB against UPN's The Twilight Zone, leaving UPN in last place for the night.

Please remember that overnight ratings only measure viewership in metered markets; the total ratings will change slightly when other markets are factored in. For a fuller report, visit MediaWeek.com.

--Trek Today http://www.trektoday.com/news/090503_01.shtml

Master Q

Update 5/22

Enterprise scored its highest overnight ratings in months with "The Expanse" last night on UPN.

According to Zap2It, the season finale earned a 4.4 rating/7 share, compared with the 4.3/6 earned by "Bounty" the week before. This means that approximately 4.4% of American households with television sets were tuned to Enterprise, and that "The Expanse" was seen by 7% of households watching television at the time.

FOX's American Idol soared above all other shows, bringing in a 16.9 rating/27 share in the 8 p.m. timeslot. A country music awards special on CBS finished second, while Law & Order on NBC came in third.

The numbers for "The Expanse" remained below those achieved by "Canamar" during February sweeps, a 4.5/7 overnight rating. They are also lower than last year's season finale, "Shockwave Part I," which brought in a 4.9/8 for UPN.

The full overnight ratings are available at Zap2It. Final ratings will be published next week.

--TrekToday http://www.trektoday.com/news/220503_03.shtml

How do you feel about the ratings in general now that the second season is over?

Master Q

Frankly, I've never trusted the rating system because the sample group is so small. I do not know anyone who even is in the ratings program. At least no one has admitted that too me.

I think "The Expanse" illustrates that Enterprise could take off but it is an uphill battle. ~Crims~ is very correct with his comment about "American Idol" unfortionatly the show's kick off episode always occurs during the "Enterprise" time slot and that really affects the viewership. "AI" is currently the biggest thing the media has right now (love it or hate it) so that is drawing many people away from what would otherwise be an uneventful night.

But one thing the ratings are taking into concideration. VCRs. Even if people may watch one show "Live" they may be taping another at the same time. I know plenty who do that. And one thing Star Trek has over the reality shows. Reruns. You probably won't see AI or Survivor reruns anytime soon. So folks who missed the shows on their first runs may pick them up later.

Say, they show "Enterprise" twice a week here(Wed/Sun) . Does that second showing factor in?

Sign in to follow this