Sign in to follow this  
TransporterMalfunction

Horror

Question, should we have more horror elements in Enterprise?

Now when I say horror elements I don't mean that Enterprise should have "slasher" blood and gore, but that we could have more psychological horror or tension that was well used in the X-Files.

We saw some evidence of this in the season three episode in which stranded Vulcans began to turn zombie like. Do you think this sort of direction could spark more interest in the series?

I personally would not like to see many 'Horror' type episodes. I'm not a big fan of mixing genres.

Last nights episode and the Vulcan episode you mentioned are about as much horror as I think they should have.

I love that sort of suspense... but I think you're looking for "thrillers" rather than "horror" styles. Sounds good to me... I'd love to see more of that in ENT... how about involving a Vulcan "Teddy Bear"? It could be called, "When Toys Attack!" lol.

~T :lol:

Edited by t'mir

I once proposed a Startrek Horror/Thriller Movie on the Startrek.com board.....it would be something on the order of a cross between Startrek/Event Horizon....based on the story of the S.S. Valiant which encounters the "Great Barrier" at the edge of the Galaxy...anyway a Vulcan was going to be the one who survives the encounter-having the highest E.S.P. rating..then he terriorizes the crew/ tries to take over the ship.....but not b4 toying with the entire crew..like rats n a cage...unleashing all those bottled up emotions on his crew mates....would have a lot of the darker parts of the bible-real animal like stuff.

sorry about that last post.....thought i was on the Ten Forward Forum..and that was a general "what about more ST horror" question.. Yes, more horror/thriller type eps would be great on "enterprise" and not just around Oct. 31st!

Horror, if it's well done then why not. I myself would love to see Q on Enterprise. I think he was one of the best characters ever created in the ST universe and I think he would really liven the show up. I would love to see Archer have to deal with Q.

I guess it depends on the kind of horror you mean. I am someone who hasn't watched one of the Alien movies because I know I can't handle it but I love a good bit of tension. I think Doctor's Orders was one of the best episodes this season - just scary enough to keep me on the edge of my seat. I know that probably is a bit tame for some of you real horror fans but I enjoyed it and funnily enough I didn't find Impulse scary at all. It's all a matter of definition I suppose.

I think they should put in a "horror" episode every now and then. There has been a good mix of different kinds of stories this season.