Sign in to follow this  
HRH The KING

(WWE) World Wrestling Entertainment Inc.

I used to do this on the other forums I was on and I will do it here with this day in Wrestling History

Today in History

(1987) WrestleMania 3 sets an attendance record of 93,173 at the The Pontiac SilverDome.

That's a good idea. It's helpful to show the history of wrestling.

Many of today's fans have no knowledge of the WWE in the late 1980's, which was wrestling's golden age where I became a fan.

I suggest they purchase some WWE PPV's on DVD's from 1985-1992 and 1996-2000 (the second golden era) and see how wrestling should be booked.

Finding DVD's and old WCW Monday Nitro tapes from the first nWo era (1996-1998) in WCW and WWE Monday Night Raw's in that same period would be a wise choice too.

Edited by The King

Many of today's fans have no knowledge of the WWE in the late 1980's, which was wrestling's golden age where I became a fan.

313588[/snapback]

I've been watching wrestling since the WWWF days when Bruno Sammartino was the champ. I remember my father taking me to the arena every other month to see the likes of Sammartino, Superstar Billy Graham,Ivan Putski, Pedro Morales and other greats from that era.

Did you know Mr. Perfect was supposed to win that Royal Rumble.

But someone's giant ego stepped in and said "Listen Brothas, I think I should run wild and win the Royal Rumble".

I'm not saying who won it, but I'll just say he wore yellow and red and had orange coloured skin.

Today in History

(1998) HHH kicks Shawn Micheals out of D-Generation X. HHH becomes the leader of the group. Later that night X-Pac, Billy Gunn and Road Dogg join HHH and Chyna.

What Gimmick did you guys hate the most

I really hated the Chuck and Billy Thing, not cause it was gay, just because they ruined one of my Favs from Good old DX

DX is sort of having a reunion at TNA/NWA. Road Dog,Billy Gunn and X-Pac are all there.

I just read where VH1 will be airing a new reality show starring Hulk Hogan. Its will be called "Hogan Knows Best" and will follow the life of Hogan as a typical suburban dad. I realize this sounds like a joke but its not. VH1 will actually be making this. I'm speechless as to how ridiculous this sounds like its going to be.

Today in History

(1985) WrestleMania 1 takes place at Madison Square Garden in New York City. The event features Hulk Hogan and Mr. T defeating Paul Orndorff and Rowdy Roddy Piper. Muhammad Ali acted as the special guest referee as well.

Click For Spoiler
His Royal Highness The King's Wrestlemania XXI predictions:

Trish Stratus vs. Christy Hemme

WWE Women's Championship.

This will be a useless match. Trish is a capable wrestler but Christy Hemme is totally clueless in the ring. I would prefer Trish retaining the title, then retiring the belt for good and have Trish build some kind of heel squad as their manager. Sadly, I don't think that's going to happen, since Jerry Lawler needs his masterbation fodder on Raw.

His Majesty's Prediction: Christy wins the title.

Eddie Guerrero vs. Rey Mysterio

This will be one of the two best matches on the card. These two are technically superb and will practically steal the show with this match. I'm pretty sure a heel turn is coming for Eddie and a feud with John Cena. I think Eddie will cheat and win and he and Chavo will beat the crap out of Rey after the match which will set up a killer feud between Chavo and Rey and will turn Eddie into the heel he needs to be for Cena.

His Majesty's Prediction: Eddie Guerrero by pinfall.

Undertaker vs. Randy Orton

I've been pleased with Orton's heel turn. He is a natural heel and forcing him to play a face is pointless. The man is confident, conceited and very arrogant in real life. I admire that greatly. So it makes sense to allow him to pretty much be himself on screen in the WWE. Nothing would please me more than watching Orton RKO the Underseller to hell, but with Orton's impending departure to recover from shoulder surgery, I don't see him winning this match. I think Undertaker will win after a decent match and Orton's absence will be accredited to the Undertaker injuring his shoulder. This will set up a re-match later down the line.

BTW- I expect lots of blood in this match.

His Majesty's Prediction: Undertaker wins by pinfall.

Big Show vs. Akebono

Sumo Match.

This will be the second p*ss break match of the night. Although I may watch it just to see the crowd at the Staples Center point and laugh at the humilation of the Big Dope. The Japanese bloke will win, Big Show will then chokeslam him to death and turn heel.

His Majesty's Prediction: Japanese Bloke wins by....erm.....push out?

Chris Benoit vs. Chris Jericho vs. Christian vs. Edge vs. Kane vs. Shelton Benjamin

Ladder Match

This will be a chaotic match. Too many guys. Kane won't win because he's a big dummy who is stale and boring now. You can blame the Lita/Snitsky situation for that. Jericho won't win because he needs to move to Smackdown. Christian won't win because he hasn't really played a big role on Raw recently which is a real shame. I think it should come down to Benoit, Shelton and Edge. Edge should win when Shelton and Benoit prevent each other from climbing the ladder. This will set up a terrific feud between those two guys for the IC title.

His Majesty's Prediction: Edge Wins.

Piper's Pit With Steve Austin

What I would like is for Debra to show up and serve Austin with a three billion dollar lawsuit. Austin's *** would rise up through his stomach and into his mouth.

But alas, that won't happen.

Muhammed Hassan will show up and interupts. Davari yells at Piper. Hassan rants about the racist Stone Cold. Davari yells. He then says to Piper that overweight washed-up Canadian wrestlers pretending to be Scottish isn't racist, but he just hates Piper anyway. Davari yells. Hassan attacks Piper. Davari yells. Austin makes the save and stuns Hassan and Davari. Piper then gets up and Austin stuns him as well because he's a rattlesnake and rattlesnakes are famous for hitting fat people with wrestling moves. Right? Cue the celebrations and Lite Beer drinking.

His Majesty's Prediction: Davari stops yelling.

Shawn Michaels vs. Kurt Angle

This will be the best match of the night, assuming Kurt's body doesn't fall apart during the match. Nothing needs to be said about this. Just watch the damn thing. This year, I wanted to see HBK versus The Rock, but this is the next best thing IMO. I still want HBK/Rock to face each other eventually though.

Again, I predict plenty of blood because this match should be vicious.

His Majesty's Prediction: HBK by pinfall.

John "Bradshaw" Layfield vs. John Cena

WWE Championship

This is the REAL main event, because this is the true world title of the WWE. I may be in the minority here, but JBL has been a terrific champion. The length of the title reign has done wonders for the prestige of this title, thus it means so much more when he loses it. JBL has been priceless on the mike and a welcome alternative to the borefest of HHH's seventy-eight title reign. After this match, JBL should take some time off, enjoy his honeymoon with that little blonde from Fox News he just married, then drop some weight and learn some new moves.

His Majesty's Predictions: Cena wins the title.

Triple H vs. Dave Batista

Lots of power moves. Batista wins. HHH gets the belt back a month later, unless Batista loses it to Edge.

His Majesty's Prediction: Batista wins the title I don't recognise.

Today in History

(1990) Ultimate Warrior defeats Hulk Hogan for the WWF Title. Warrior was now both the World and IC Champion.

The worst gimmicks of all time was "The Red Rooster".

It destroyed the career of Terry Taylor.

314176[/snapback]

Followed closely by "The Gobbledigooker"....lol

Whos got the best entrance music, old time and new?

One of my favorite old-time is Gorgeous Jimmy Garvin's. He came strutting in to "Sharp Dressed Man" and it cracked me up each time.

Currently, I think Batista has the best entrance music.

My favorite of all-time is Ric Flair's. Ric Flair in his prime,that is. He used to make a real show with his entrance. Nowadays, he just limps to the ring.

best Theme Pre-WWE Attitude was DEemolition, awsome hard rock theme, and post WWE Attitude, Tie Between Steve Austin (once you heard the glass you are getting handed your A**) and HHH My Time Theme

I just read a 30 man battle Royal will be taking place at Mania, 15 raw vs. 15 Smackdown, now a regular battle royal, not a rumble, I like watching battle royals, even the Gimmick one at Mania X-7

Followed closely by "The Gobbledigooker"....lol

:P :P :P

I remember. For weeks I was really interested to find out what was inside that giant egg.

Whos got the best entrance music, old time and new?

Old: Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase and Ravishing Rick Rude.

My two favourite wrestlers of all time. Both pieces of music suited their characters perfectly.

New: Randy Orton's theme. Awesome.

I just read a 30 man battle Royal will be taking place at Mania, 15 raw vs. 15 Smackdown, now a regular battle royal, not a rumble, I like watching battle royals, even the Gimmick one at Mania X-7

Should be interesting. Usually, I don't like battle royales, but I suppose if it gets some underrated people onto the card, I'm all for it. If they are having one, their should be a prize for the winner, like an IC title shot.

Im upset no IC or US title Match at Mania, instead of Mony in the bag I really think the IC belt should be up for grabs in that match

Every belt should be up for grabs at Wrestlemania. It downgrades the value of the belt for it not to be defended at the biggest event of the year.

2 years in a row no IC match at Mania

anyway the battleroyal might be on heat, which I guess you can still consider a Mania match since it will be held at the site, just like the old WWF Free For all before a PPV