Sign in to follow this  
adm. stickler

first contact bloopers

if you notis in firstt contact picard says to lilly ther are 24 deacks to the enterprise "e" however an officer later says that the borg controle deacks "26" through 11 :) :bow: :o

A-HA iv checked and the enterprise has 24 NOT 26 :o and in nemmiss (i only read the book is the movie any good) somthings mentiond about a deack 29!!!! just a little food for though :o

:) :laugh:

Yes, the deck problem is a constant joke with my brother & myself. You'd figure that they'd get it straight, either that or they hope we'll overlook that!

When Hawk says 26 in ST:FC, I pretend he says 24... :laugh:

In ST:N, I think they line was "suppose" to be Deck 19. :)

Oh, and in STAR TREK GENERATIONS, remember how Sulu said there was a hull breach on decks 13-15, and then we see the gaping hull breach at the end of the flashback scene? Well, I've checked a deck chart, and where the hull breach was is on decks 23-25! :)

It is pretty common knowledge too about the make-up blooper when Data is twisting the neck of one of the Borg outside Engineering. If you look closely his uniform sleeve rises too high and you can see they didn't do the arm make-up far enough up Brent Spiner's arm.

I get into the movies so much that I have never cought any of those things. I saw a list of TNG bloopers one time and I couldn't believe how much I had missed. Everything from Romulans chewing gum to Picards badge being worn on the wrong side of his uniform to boom mics droping down into the picture. It just goes to show you the power of a good story!

I get into the movies so much that I have never cought any of those things. I saw a list of TNG bloopers one time and I couldn't believe how much I had missed. Everything from Romulans chewing gum to Picards badge being worn on the wrong side of his uniform to boom mics droping down into the picture. It just goes to show you the power of a good story!

I know what you mean. I didn't notice the thing about Data's arm until someone posted about it on another board. Even then I had to pause the DVD to get a good look. I get too into the movie to notice stuff like that.

I noticed the deck thing, but not the arm (also, wasn't deflector control oon deck 11?? an exerpt from 5 minute First Contact:

Daniels: The Borg stopped on Deck 11.

Hawk: That's just deflector control. Nothing important.

Worf: Are you nuts? The deflector is one of the most vital systems on the ship!

Hawk: Look, I read the lines I'm given.

I have to wonder if anyone actually watches to movie before they release it for the public...)

in the ten years that I have watched trek I have never paid much attention to the scene itself now thanks to you guys I am so watching rerun after rerun till I catch something to tellyou all about :bow::D:bow: :) :bow:

Also, after Hawk had been shot, the camera zooms out to end the scene. You should only see 2 people walking...(Picard and Worf) but you see 3 people walking.

Also, when Picard is showing Lily the window, and Australia is there, there is an island missing from the scene. New Zealand, I believe, but I'm not sure.

I hadn't noticed that about Hawk. I'll have to look out for that next time I watch First Contact.

Regarding New Zealand, there was a lot of cloud cover when Picard was showing Lily so maybe it was just not visible at the time.

I think the island must have been there. It would have taken a lot of effort to delete a whole Island off of earth, and then have it be a blooper (unless they did it on purpose....maybe in the third world war something happened to New Zealand. Which would be a pity because its such a beautiful place)

Yeah I had never really noticed those bloopers until I read these posts ( well, except for the one about the decks) but I just watched FC last night, and i see what you mean about Data's arm. Thats happened in other episodes too I think, (well, maybe not his arm, but something with his makeup) like just last night, I was watching "parallels" with my dad, and hes like "oh look, Brent isn't wearing his contacts" and we had never noticed that before. Isn't funny how you don't really pay attention to things like that, until someone points them out to you, and then you like , wow i can't believe i missed that.

Must see Parallels....

But I heard that it was a Data in another timeline who happened to have blue eyes...

I thought that too, but in this one Worf is jumping to different timelines...i won't say more, but in one scene Data had blue eyes. I thought it was just a timeline change too, but Takara (who has it on DVD...lucky wench) Said that he had the gold eyes again in another scene that is supposed to be the same time line so that theory so out. Too bad to, i like that idea!

It is pretty common knowledge too about the make-up blooper when Data is twisting the neck of one of the Borg outside Engineering. If you look closely his uniform sleeve rises too high and you can see they didn't do the arm make-up far enough up Brent Spiner's arm.

I'm watching First Conatct Now...that was Data's Under Shirt :D

Nope, no gold. Have you changed your mind about it being an under shirt or was that a joke? Looks like a blooper to me. :D

Cool that you guys noticed this...i never did before reading this.

It could be a t-shirt...or a shadow...or a weird looking bracelet...or maybe Data's skin isn't gold that far up his arm (for some reason...:D)

It could be a t-shirt...or a shadow...or a weird looking bracelet...or maybe Data's skin isn't gold that far up his arm (for some reason...;))

I agree with the shirt or the shadow idea...

It could be a t-shirt...or a shadow...or a weird looking bracelet...or maybe Data's skin isn't gold that far up his arm (for some reason...;))

If the picture Lessa posted was larger or if you put the movie on a larger screen television you will see it is definitely arm. Bloopers happen in all movies.

In Nemesis there was a disappearing plate in the scene when Picard and Shinzon were speaking after dinner in the Romulan Senate. When Picard spoke and leaned forward there was a plate in front of him, the edit went to Shinzon and when it went back to Picard he leaned back and the plate was gone.

It could be a t-shirt...or a shadow...or a weird looking bracelet...or maybe Data's skin isn't gold that far up his arm (for some reason...:innocent:)

If the picture Lessa posted was larger or if you put the movie on a larger screen television you will see it is definitely arm. Bloopers happen in all movies.

In Nemesis there was a disappearing plate in the scene when Picard and Shinzon were speaking after dinner in the Romulan Senate. When Picard spoke and leaned forward there was a plate in front of him, the edit went to Shinzon and when it went back to Picard he leaned back and the plate was gone.

I was joking, lol. But you can almost always come up with excuses for bloopers...

For example - maybe someone took the plate away...or it fell to the floor...or someone beamed it away, or he moved it, or...(and so on!)

I was joking, lol. But you can almost always come up with excuses for bloopers...

For example - maybe someone took the plate away...or it fell to the floor...or someone beamed it away, or he moved it, or...(and so on!)

Not in the instance of the plate. Shinzon and Picard were the only ones in the room and it had a marble floor. We would have heard someone if it had been taken away. I know you are joking but the continuity people get paid to notice things like that but they do mess up some times.