Sign in to follow this  
prometheus

Looting in Baghdad

Why was protection given to the oil ministry but not to the zoos and museums of antiquities? I'll tell you why. Typical American greed. Where will be next? Not North Korea, i'll tell you that!

I don’t agree. Things take time.

We can’t just protect everything at once and that will magically happen in a few days. Things take time and I think people need to know that. We live in a “microwave society” and everyone wants this or that done right away, but in reality it does not work this way.

And at the moment we are stating to control and stop the looting. Things take time you have to remember that. And if you think the oil would be the first thing you protect because that’s Iraq’s futureand source of money. Without it then who cares about the looting Iraq . . . they would have a much bigger problem with out them financially.

Things take time . . . it does not work like a "microwave"

Mater Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

I agree,things do take time.I guess I would go a little nuts if after years of oppression I found myself a free man.Its sad some of the looters stole and destroyed priceless artifacts,of that I agree was very wrong.But I did not mind they stole from the palaces and goverment buildings,after all the leaders of that country stole from the people on a daily basis.

I agree I was all for the people taking back what had been taken from them by the regime, but looting from the museums was criminal.

They say it might have been profesionals waiting for the opportunity to steal priceless treasures, not ordinary looting.

its a shame that some of the people of IRAQ are stealing from themselves. on the other hand i dont blame them for looting the palaces and everthing else Saddam had stole from them to begin with. but to steal their own national artifacts is just a shame, and criminal. as far as what we're protecting first, hey whether you like it or not we, and the rest of the world need, and want the oil, and as a new free societ, they are gonna need all the revenue they can get, so start with what they will use the most to get income, and move on to the others. you gotta start somewhere.