Sign in to follow this  
LordOfTheBorg

Asteroids

do You think an asteroid willl hit earth in the next few years/ever?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. do You think an asteroid willl hit earth in the next few years/ever?

• yes
    • no
    • i live in an underground shelter
    • i never look up
    • THE END IS COMING! THE END IS COMING!!!!!!

Well, do you think that an asteroid will hit earth? i don't, but some of you might. if you do, please reply stating WHY,WHEN,and WHERE, you think it will hit/get here/where lands.

~LOTB. Keep Rockin In The Free World!

Yes, an asteroid is going to hit the Earth. Aside from probability and scientific facts...

John describes his vision:

"The second angel sounded his trumpet, and something like a huge mountain, all ablaze, was thrown into the sea."

--Revelation 8:8 (NIV)

Check this site out. It talks about asteroids and what the Bible says about this particular vision. It's pretty interesting.

Yes and no, well a little iffy because well odds are it won't happen for a few hundred years so then we may have a way to protect from them. I'm more scared of the alien invasion that is being planned but the infected nava scientists who are trying to have us convinced that there is no life on Mars when actually there is a large race of Martians who want to take over Earth because their water sources are diminishing (Jk)

Yes and no, well a little iffy because well odds are it won't happen for a few hundred years so then we may have a way to protect from them. I'm more scared of the alien invasion that is being planned but the infected nava scientists who are trying to have us convinced that there is no life on Mars when actually there is a large race of Martians who want to take over Earth because their water sources are diminishing (Jk)

I'm more frightened of those "canadians" I keep hearing about. :lol:

I'm more frightened of those "canadians" I keep hearing about. :hug:

:lol: lol ;);)

I'm more frightened of those "canadians" I keep hearing about. :lol:

You should be ::pets highly trained attack beaver:: oh you should be ::insert evil cackle here::

I believe that eventually it is inevitable for a large asteroid to hit earth again. But I am hopefull that by the time it happens we will have a way to defend against it.

An ELE (Extinction Level Event) occurring with an asteroid is very possible, however we as a society would not know about it until it was way to late to do anything about it. The only what that we would find out would be if an independent astronomer made the discovery and told as many people he could before being captured and/or silenced.

Evidence of huge asteroids are all over our planet and I think that the likelihood of another planet killer hitting our planet is very likely. Maybe we can use our super enormous mammalian brains to avert the next ELE. If we can not then we start all over again, From scratch.

:cool:

off the coast of a penisula(i forget which one) there is a crater about 20-or-so miles across. Supposedly its the one that killed the dinosaurs

Off The Yucatan Peninsula.

We get hit every day by asteroids and meterites, they are however too small to make any serious impact. ELE's arre rare and happen on average rough once every few million years. This is when the earth is travelling through a specific region of space that has a higher proportion of fragments of failed planets and spectacualrly hit non planetoid bodies.

At times like these the earth goes through a higher proportion of bombardment and therefore is at a higher risk of an ELE. We are in the next few hunderd years going to be going through this. Satellite warning systems are being prepared etc. But if an asteroid were to come from behind the sun we would only have HOURS before our demise nad therefore there would be nothing to be done. What administration would tell ppl and cause the mass hysteria therein. It would be best for ppl to die unaware of it.

*runs in circles screaming* ahhh!!! no one can save us now!! death to all!! WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!! RUN! panic! FEAR ALL! AHHHHH!!!

anyways.. asteroids hit earth ever day most just burn up in the atmosphere but the ones that actually do make it to earth are normally very very small.. cant do much damage. though there are constant threats to earth a couple years a go, i think jupiter took a hit from something headed our way.. ill have to dig that article up again. scientists are creating ways to try and save earth if something really big decides it wants to hit us.. but between you and me.. they haven't really come up with any thing that particularly good.. so if something hits earth you better pray it hits the ocean and your nice and in land. cuz if it hits land so much dust would be thrown into the air we would all eventually die off.. cold and alone.. fighting over food.. slowly freezing.. coming to the end slowly.. so slowly.. that is unless we find a way to clean the air quickly. but by then there may be so much damage to every thing it would be very hard to recover.. ... ... *starts to stock her bomb shelter with anything she can eat* this should be enough for one person for quite a while.. *eyes her family evily* i suppose i could eat them.. *shakes head* gah.. um.. *cough* :laugh:

Yes there will absolutly be a big astroid hitting the earth, they have hit in the past they will hit again. They are responsble for the end of the dinosuars and next one will probably wipe out humanity or at least send us back to the stone age.

Earth has always been a target.