Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Is "Star Trek" stale?

My dad is starting to hate Enterprise because of all the sexual, sensuality stuff. That is being introduced into Enterprise.

"being introduced into"? Has he watched ENT from the start? Broken Bow has one of the most sexual scenes in all of Trek. I think he's just starting to become tired of fighting the bashing and decided if he can't beat em, join em. :bow:

My dad is starting to hate Enterprise because of all the sexual, sensuality stuff. That is being introduced into Enterprise.

THAT has been one of my main problems with the show since the first episode 'Broken Bow'.

Along with the boring characters.

;):bow:

;)

I think there are plenty of story lines out there, maybe it's not trek that is stale, but the writers. I mean, with MILLIONS of fans out there, many of whome have written fan fics, there has GOT to be enough GOOD stories out there to make an effective series. even a half baked idea, like a new series focusing on an alien race, would introduce a new element into Star Trek. or maybe exploring the Enterprise B's career. there is very little known about it. the opportunity is there for Trek to continue on for a LONG time.

Julie has a point. Why is it that there are 20 million fans out there who probably all have ideas for storylines, and only maybe 10 people are writing stories?

Why is it that there are 20 million fans out there who probably all have ideas for storylines, and only maybe 10 people are writing stories?

Believe it or not I think the reasons for this has to do with keeping a handle on continuity. How could so many different ideas from that many people be managed, chaos would ensue imo. Too Many Chefs...

Why is it that there are 20 million fans out there who probably all have ideas for storylines, and only maybe 10 people are writing stories?

Believe it or not I think the reasons for this has to do with keeping a handle on continuity. How could so many different ideas from that many people be managed, chaos would ensue imo. Too Many Chefs...

alright, Valid point. but, what happens when the chef you have can't see any more to read a recipe, and can't kneed the dough enough to make some bread? isn't it time for a new chef, perhaps with some fresh recipes?

Now I have to go get some lunch...all this Chef talk is making me hungry

alright, Valid point. but, what happens when the chef you have can't see any more to read a recipe, and can't kneed the dough enough to make some bread? isn't it time for a new chef, perhaps with some fresh recipes?

Now I have to go get some lunch...all this Chef talk is making me hungry

Yes you also have a valid point, taken.

Have you ever seen one of those comedy skits where a diner starts eating from a plate set before him but after one bite the plate is snatched away and a different course is then presented, this then repeats again and again?

That is what I feel like has been happening to me with ENT, I began season 1 and 2 with soup and a salad but right after a bite of each they got snatched away and replaced with the first main course: Xindi arc. I shrugged and began eating that but now that arc is going to be closing and replaced with who knows what...

My point is I'm tired of ENT changing courses mid stream. The chefs may need to be replaced but imo not until ENT finishes whatever it was originally intended to do and that is something only the B&B can pull off. Changes to the staff now could mean everything up to this point gets totally scraped, (a complete waste) I (& others) will be left with more of a sense of loss at what could have been than ever before.

aaah but voyager lasted the 7 seasons despite it being hated.......

I think mabe the enterprise we saw in the TNG episode where enterprise past present and future all meet up because of Q.... minus the third naccelle for gods sake it was stupid

NO.

There is just much more unexplored territory, like, why have we only had shows about the federation? There is always the temporal Cold War, too.

I for one would absolutely love Star Trek: The Adventures of Q.

Edited by BKY1701