Sign in to follow this  
master_q

Chat Room - Trivia Session 14

StarTrekFans.net Official Star Trek Trivia

Chat Room Session # 14

This Chat Room Session Will Be Held -

Saturday, February 21st

4:00pm (ET)

Any comments, questions, suggestions, (relating to session 14) should be posted in this topic

:wow:

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

I am changing it back to 4:00PM to see if it results in a greater # of active participants. If it does not then I might change it to 3:00PM for the next session.

(Yeah I know these past few times I have made typos by default so it is understandable to question me to make sure - lol)

Master Q

Don't forget tomorrow at 4:00PM the Official StarTrekFans.net Star Trek Trivia Session will start!

Master Q

Hey..

I was wondering ..Focus more on Trek and not on Math and Physics

Thats my suggestion

You are incorrect to state that I focus more on math or physics then Star Trek. The great majority of the questions are directly Star Trek related. Two or three random questions of my choice won't alter the Star Trek focus of the trivia session.

As I stated in this topic - http://www.startrekfans.net/index.php?showtopic=3051

Thanks for the input

You have to understand that some people tell me that they want harder chat room trivia questions and at the same time some people want easier questions. Naturally I can't accommodate both - I have to do what I think is best. However as a principle easier questions are usually asked in the chat room compared to the message board. From my frame of reference I would say that the difficulty of chat room questions is about right. In every session there have been easy questions (and some are almost giveaways) and have a mix of intermediate-level questions. In fact consideration has been placed on making an occasional chat room session with harder questions as its focal point.

Another factor for me to consider -

If the sessions were about to get easier then what they already are then that would degrade the trivia session for the regular participants of the StarTrekFans.net Official Star Trek Trivia. I'm not going to do that.

However if there is enough support I may do a special newbie chat room session for trivia players (and brand newcomers) that have less then 50 points. If there is enough support for that then I might consider having a session with easier questions. If that sounds like something you would like to do (or anyone else) then please tell me and we'll try to work something out

For math / physics?

I ask different kinds of random questions too. In the past I have asked current event questions, geography, and others. I admit that the majority of random questions are focused on math or physics but that's my choice. On an average I ask around 25 questions per session and usually 2 are random related questions. There is no reason to complain about just 2 questions. Two questions does not accumulate to the equivalent of a whole session or the majority of one. I won't get rid of the adding of random questions into the mix.

The next session (I don't know when that will be - it was going to be the 14th but a conflict in my schedule arose) will probably not have any math or physics. It will have some other type of 'random' questions.

Master Q

Questions/Answers:

Game 1: Star Trek Word Chain

Wheel . . . . . of . . . . . Fortune!

Guess to what you think the puzzle says (Do not guess letters. Just guess what the phrase or word may be. If needed I will give hints)

Q1: C _ r e t _ k e _

Click for Spoiler:

Answer: Caretaker

Q2: What was Seven of Nine's COMPLETE Bord desingnation?

Click for Spoiler:

Answer: Seven of Nine Teriary Adjunct of Unimatrix Zero One

Q3: What was Seven of Nine's original human name? [FULL Name!]

Click for Spoiler:

Answer: Annika Hansen

Q4: What disease annihilated the Vidiian species?

Click for Spoiler:

Answer: The phage

Q5: Who are the "great polluters" of the Delta Quadrant?

Click for Spoiler:

Answer: The Malon

Q6: Name all the languages that Uhura was known to speak.

Click for Spoiler:

Answer: English & Swahili (Swahili is primarily used in Central & Southern Africa)

Q7: What does the Doctor usually state when he is activated? [be as EXACT as possible!]

Click for Spoiler:

Answer: Please state the nature of the medical emergency.

Q8: What had himself surgically altered to look like the Butcher of Gallitep?

Click for Spoiler:

Answer: Aamin Marritza

Game 2: The Never Ending Star Trek Sentence

Q9: Pulaski was disdainful of what particular form of transportation?

Click for Spoiler:

Answer: Transporter

Q10: On The Wrath of Khan what simulation program were the cadets training in?

Click for Spoiler:

Answer: The Kobayashi Maru

Q11: What is Spock’s rank in The Wrath of Khan?

Click for Spoiler:

Answer: Captain

Guess to what you think the puzzle says (Do not guess letters. Just guess what the phrase or word may be. If needed I will give hints)

Q12: _ _ i _ i a

Click for Spoiler:

Answer: Trivia

Q13: The Enterprise was detected as a what when observed by the Omaha Air Base on Earth in the year 199?

Click for Spoiler:

Answer: UFO

Q14: What year did the Great Bird of the Galaxy pass away?

Click for Spoiler:

Answer: 1991

Q15: Random Trivia ~ The Republic of South Africa mines more of this element that any other country. What is it? (MUST give the element symbol!)

Click for Spoiler:

Answer: Au (gold)

Q16: Random Trivia ~ New Jersey’s many farms, orchards, and flower gardens have earned it what nickname?

Click for Spoiler:

Answer: Garden State

Q17: Who was Quark always calling an "idiot"?

Click for Spoiler:

Answer: Rom

Q18: What was Picard’s favorite tea?

Click for Spoiler:

Answer: Earl Gray

Q19: Random Trivia ~ The metric system was first adopted in the 1790s in what country?

Click for Spoiler:

Answer: France

Q20: Vic Fontaine was an admirer of what U.S. president?

Click for Spoiler:

Answer: John F Kennedy

Game 3: Psycho Game

Q21: "Genesis" - This is a ST episode. What *series* does it come from?

Click for Spoiler:

Answer: TNG

Q22: Who directed "Genesis"? [FULL NAME!]

Click for Spoiler:

Answer: Gates McFadden (Dr. Crusher)

Q23: _ o m _ l _ _

Click for Spoiler:

Answer: Romulus

Q24: Who was the person La Forge once became attracted to through a holocreation?

Click for Spoiler:

Answer: Leah Brahms

Q25: In Generations what did Data "just love scanning for"?

Click for Spoiler:

Answer: Life forms

Q26: What is the name of Kirk's dog in Star Trek Generations?

Click for Spoiler:

Answer: Butler

Q27: Provide the link of "Master Q's Site of the Moment."

Click for Spoiler:

Answer: http://q.20q.net/q.cgi

(Scores coming soon)

Master Q

Quote:You are incorrect to state that I focus more on math or physics then Star Trek. The great majority of the questions are directly Star Trek related. Two or three random questions of my choice won't alter the Star Trek focus of the trivia session.

Was that a snooty way of telling me that i was wrong..?

Anyway..Everytime i stumble in to see the Trivia contest i always see either Math questions or Enterprise questions..

::shrugs::

Quote:You are incorrect to state that I focus more on math or physics then Star Trek. The great majority of the questions are directly Star Trek related. Two or three random questions of my choice won't alter the Star Trek focus of the trivia session.

Was that a snooty way of telling me that i was wrong..?

Anyway..Everytime i stumble in to see the Trivia contest i always see either Math questions or Enterprise questions..

::shrugs::

Please don't get the wrong impression. No intent was given to trying to be rude or snobbish .... or anything to that nature. I was just answering what you were suggesting (that the chat room trivia is not focused on Star Trek).

Master Q

Speaking of Session 14, did you ever post the points, MQ? If so, I must've skipped over em. :quark:

Speaking of Session 14, did you ever post the points, MQ? If so, I must've skipped over em. :quark:

I just got the copy of the transcript today. Unfortunately I did not yet add up the points. They will be coming. :b-day:

Master Q

Scores:

After reviewing the transcript it seems that someone was thinking that there is some big conspiracy between Mrs.Picard and I, Master Q. Specifically someone stated that we were in "CAHOOTS" meaning we have some big secret agreement together!

But no my friends that's not true

Anyways here are the Points:

Mrs.Picard ~ 1,000 points

Indy ~ 19 points

ussacclaim ~ 15 points

Ace ~ 15 points

shadowfigment ~ 10 points

spacetigger ~ 4 points

LordOfTheBorg ~ 4 points

Unadopted_Angelic ~ 3 points

dark_moon_drago ~ 1 point

Master Q

:laugh: WOW, Mrs. Picard!! You're AWESOME!! Congrats on the points!!! Good job!! :lol:

:wow:;) B)

Edited by Indy

The whole idea that we are in cahoots is just nonsense. Someone blaming us that we were in cahoots through the game is just nonsense. So what if she made an impossible to get score! That does not mean we were in secrete agreement together. :laugh:

Master Q