Sign in to follow this  
cptwright

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

so how many of you out there just loved, love, BATTLESTAR GALACTICA. it was another great sci-fi show. i was devistated when it only lasted one season. it was ahead of its time for the 70s. but lets DO, i repeat DO forget galacta 1980, as that was one big brain fart. so what do you all think of this classic show?

:o :bow::bow::bow::bow::bow: :o :bow::bow::bow::bow: :o :bow::bow:

or if not this one, what other old, or new sci-fi do you like.

as far as new one for me, there is no choice

STARGATE SG-1 ALL THE WAY

I remember this show very well. It came on the air in 1978. It was an atttempt to ride the science fiction wave that was sweeping the country because of Star Wars and Close Encounters. It was, for the first season, not too bad. The story premise was good, the efx, superior for television. I Liked the idea of an aircraft carrier in space and the evil robatic civilization. The producers tried a limited run in 1979 and finally finished up with a poor attempt of Galactica finally discoving earth in the year 1980 with an entirely new cast that included Kent McCord of Adam-12 fame from the early to mid 1970's. It was unfortunatly, a victim of network cost costing, broadcast time switches, deteriorating writing and overused storylines. It might interest you to know that this December, the Sci-Fi channel is planning a mini-series, ressurrecting the Battlestar Galactica. I think that the original Apollo from the series, Richard Hatch, might be producing it. I had heard that he had been pursuing financing for a re-make. Perhaps this is it. The Sci-Fi website might have information.

unfortunately the new one coming out on sci-fi is a REENVISIONED battlestar galactica. so i dont have high hopes for it, but i'll be sitting there watching it, and hoping that it'll be good.

I remember Battlestar Gallactica very well! Commander Adama, Apollo, Starbuck, and my favorite villans..the Ceylons (by your command...)! I stopped watching in 1980 when the network ruined the series.

I love Battlestar Galactica. Sad as it sounds if it weren't for Galactica I would never go to the gym. I don't have cable, but the gym where I work does. I go in at least three times a week 2 1/2 hours before my shift starts to work out, when really I am going to watch Galactica for two hours while on the treadmill or lifting. Who says Sci Fi is bad for your health. :o

I love Battlestar Galactica.  Sad as it sounds if it weren't for Galactica I would never go to the gym.  I don't have cable, but the gym where I work does.  I go in at least three times a week 2 1/2 hours before my shift starts to work out, when really I am going to watch Galactica for two hours while on the treadmill or lifting.  Who says Sci Fi is bad for your health. :o

:laugh: Good one!