1. 1. Do You like:/ Have You Ever Seen Any Movies With: Cowboys/Cowgirls

• Yes
    • No
    • Who Cares?
    • Yes I Have
    • Simon Says: No!
    • Yes, And I Am Going To Reply And Tell You Which Movie/Cowboy i Like
    • No, And I Am Not Going To Reply And Tell Which Movie/Cowboy i like

Well, my favorite is John Henry "Doc" Holliday , And My Favorite Movie Is Tombstone or Wyatt Earp

Please Answer, I don't know if there is a thread like this, so someone please tell me.

Reply, and tell me if you dont like cowboys/cowgirls, or if you do! if you do, please tell us why, if you dont, please tell us why

Oh, and if you can, Try and get a picture of your favorite Cowboy/Cowgirl (if you can)

Check My Signature For Some.

Heres More.....

First is Pics From Tombstone

Then Actual Pictures of Doc Holliday

Click for Spoiler:

Tombstone

val3.jpg

tombstone.gif

t1.jpg

Doc Holliday

docholliday.gif

doc.gif

docholliday.jpg

Edited by LordOfTheBorg

A problem with some of the old westerns is they have stereotypes that aren't acceptable in today's society.

Some classics

High Noon

Destry Rides Again

And I always liked El Dorado

Then there's alway the Frisco Kid with Gene Wilder and Harrison Ford

The saddest I ever saw was The Shootist - but that wasn't just because of the movie

stagecoachmonumentvalley.jpg

My personal favorite is High Noon. A very well directed film that successful uses the concept of realtime to convey a sense of tension, while also providing an interesting commentary surrounding the McCarthy Communist Trials.

Of course, my favorite Western actor is John Wayne. My favorite western film of his is The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance as it stars my other favorite American actor, Jimmy Stewart.

the_searchers_1956_dvd_small.jpg

I am also a great fan of John Ford who inspired many others such as Orson Welles. Stagecoach was remarkable for it's time for it's use of light and unconventional camera angles, while it's emphasis on character and mood transformed the western into A-film status. Ford continued to apply innovative directorial techniques evident in Fort Apache, 3 Godfathers and The Searchers. He also spearheaded the move for a more sympathetic portrayal of Indians in Cheyenne Autumn, 26 years before Dances with Wolves.

the_searchers_1956_small.jpg

When looking at the Western genre I feel that there must also be some reference to the revisionist use of realism in Peckinpah's The Wild Bunch and the Sergio Leone spaghetti westerns. This period not only expanded the genre but also showed that it still had life.

I would say that the Western is America's greatest film genre that revolutionised movie making while consistently challenged it's own conventions.

I like some westerns.

True Grit is a must watch for me whenever it's on. The Sons of Katy Elder, Rio Bravo and The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence are a few that come to mind for me.

Those are all John Wayne movies of course, but another great one is "Unforgiven" which was Clint Eastwood.