• Lwaxana Troi - TNG, DS9
    • Vash - TNG, DS9
    • Lursa & Be'tor - TNG, DS9
    • Sela - TNG
    • Seska - VOY
    • Leeta - DS9
    • Any other DS9 choice
    • Other

Had to have been part of at least three episodes, preferably integral to the plot in at least two (not sure how well Rand fits this). I'm also not including "practically regulars" such as Guinan and Naomi Wildman, or the Borg Queen since,,, well,,, she'd get too many votes. :laugh: Honestly though, I'd rather not include a character originated in the movies.

Had to have a decent-sized speaking part in at least 2 (preferably 3) episodes, but in no more than 10 episodes (per series for crossover characters).

I'm very lacking on my DS9 info, so I'm asking that a mod who knows the DS9 women who fit this category could add them into the poll, as well as any others I've blatantly left out.

I started thinking about this the other day while catching a rerun of "Captain's Holiday", reminding me of how much I liked Vash. She was such an interesting character who was even able to keep Jean-Luc guessing as to which side she was really on. :waaaa:

...but now that I've made this list, I realize she's up against the likes of Sela, Lwaxana, and Keiko - 3 other characters I enjoyed seeing once in a while. And then of course there's the Duras sisters. I'll have to come back with my choice later.

So, who do you think was the best of these? What ep of their's was your favorite? Do you wish we could've seen them more often? What about them do you like so much?

Edited by Ace

I voted - Other

Specifically, Guinnan who was a recurring character from TNG seasons 2-6 and had a large role in GENERATIONS as well as a cameo in NEMESIS.

I don't think she was a "practically regular" character as I don't remember her being in that many episodes. :waaaa:

Sorry, CJLP. Like I said, she's not an option. :waaaa: She was part of the TNG main cast in every way but an opening credit mention, and was used quite often in her peak seasons. Trust me, if I wanted to qualify her for this poll, she'd get my vote as well. :laugh:

Sorry, CJLP. Like I said, she's not an option. :waaaa:  She was part of the TNG main cast in every way but an opening credit mention, and was used quite often in her peak seasons. Trust me, if I wanted to qualify her for this poll, she'd get my vote as well. :laugh:

Out of 178 episodes, I've only seen her inm 10-20. How is she a semi-regular? :P

Sorry, CJLP. Like I said, she's not an option. :waaaa:  She was part of the TNG main cast in every way but an opening credit mention, and was used quite often in her peak seasons. Trust me, if I wanted to qualify her for this poll, she'd get my vote as well. :laugh:

Out of 178 episodes, I've only seen her inm 10-20. How is she a semi-regular? :P

Different interpretations, my friend. :) To me, that's still a good sized number of eps, but the main reason I'm not including her is that I saw her as an integral part of TNG.

I thought about this for a few minutes and realized that the confusion stems from my leaving out another criteria. Not only should the choices have been in more than 3 eps with speaking parts, but they could be in no more than 10 (per series), again with speaking parts having to be more than just a line or two. I'm primarily trying to see which 'small-timers' had the most impact on the audience. Does that clear anything up? (I'll edit the new clause into the first post)

EDIT: For those more acquainted w/ DS9, should this include Sisko's second wife (near the end of the series) and/or Kai Winn?

Edited by Ace

I would consider her a "semi-regular" because of how important her character was to the episodes she was in and how important she was portrayed.

I know she was in at least 4 episodes from the 2nd season, 6 episodes of season 3, 4 episodes of season 4, 6 episodes of season 5, 3 episodes of season 6 and I can't think of any for season 7 plus she was in 2 of the 4 feature films.

I know she was in more episodes then I list above but she isn't listed in the credits and I don't know which episodes they are but I know there are several others. So I'll estimate she was in 25 to 30 episodes. That's more then just a "recurring character" but not quite a regular.

I think Dr. Pulaski would be considered a regular for season 2 (even though she was credited as a Guest Star) and she was in less episodes overall then Guinan was.

I automatically voted for Yeoman Rand because I liked her so much. I always wished that they had done more with her character in the series and movies..Oh well.. I liked her in Charlie X, The Enemy Within, The Man Trap and Miri..Now that I look at the list there are probably a couple others that I like better but I already voted for Janice Rand..

I liked Lursa & Be'tor, Sela and Leeta..

Edited by spacetigger

Lwaxana Troi gets my vote, especially for her funnier appearances in the TNG and DS9 episodes. :wub:

She's a great character - and she's the only woman who can make Jean-Luc speechless when she leaves the Enterprise :clap::laugh:

Mrs. Captain Picard