Sign in to follow this  
TransporterMalfunction

TNG or TOS

Which set of films are better or do you prefer?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Which set of films are better or do you prefer?

• Original Cast Films
    • Next Generation Films

I CHOSE THE NEXT GENERATION FILMS.

I LIKED EVERYONE EXCEPT INSURRECTION; IT WAS GROSS.

EVENTHOUGH I VOTED FOR TNG, I DO LIKE A FEW OF TOS FILMS.

THE MOTION PICTURE :)

THE WRATH OF KHAN :bow:

THE SEARCH FOR SPOCK :bow:

THE VOYAGE HOME :)

STAR TREK V :)

THE UNDISCOVERED COUNTRY :o

TOS films were made at a time when Star Trek was thin on the ground. They have their own sense of identity and style and the TOS crew have a cult status and raport that is not as well reflected, I feel, in the TNG crew's relationship. The sound tracks, the look, the overall storylines are much better. Especially with the trilogy that started with Wrath and ended with The Voyage Home. The TNG movies just look like big television specials to me. Carryinmg on themes that have been explored to the point of exhaustion on the small screen and playing about too much with snazzy computer graphics.

TOS films were made at a time when Star Trek was thin on the ground. They have their own sense of identity and style and the TOS crew have a cult status and raport that is not as well reflected, I feel, in the TNG crew's relationship. The sound tracks, the look, the overall storylines are much better. Especially with the trilogy that started with Wrath and ended with The Voyage Home. The TNG movies just look like big television specials to me. Carryinmg on themes that have been explored to the point of exhaustion on the small screen and playing about too much with snazzy computer graphics.

I agree about your comment about using too many "snazzy computer graphics"...As much as I like TNG movies, and the graphics are great...I think many movies(not just Trek) are really getting too stuck on special effects. Then they wonder why their movie's budget went through the roof.

I nulled my vote because I like them all. I do tend to lean toward the original 6. (Although 5 could have been soooo much better. :) ) I didn't like STTMP at first and I made that comment to someone. They told me to ff through the special effects and I'd like it better. Boy, were they right. I now like STTMP WITHOUT the special effects. I have the collectors additions of 1, 2, 3, & 4. :) Don't know if I'll do 5, and I do have Nemisis which is wonderful!

Katy

I feel like I'm committing a sacrilege by voting for TNG,but the only TOS films that I really liked were TWOK and Undiscovered Country,the others were okay...but not great,in my opinion.I have loved all but one of the TNG films,however,and think Generations,First Contact,and Insurrection were super.Nemesis I didn't like as much.

:tear:

I voted for the TOS movies they were all great except 5 and I liked the TNG movies but I just thought that something was missing if you asked me what it was I could not tell you I just feel that the tng movies lacked something.

TNG for me but I do like one of the TOS films.

The Voyage Home :bow: I think it was the best one they did.