Sign in to follow this  
TransporterMalfunction

USS Enterprise

They call her the "Big E", and because of her, as Captain Jean Luc Picard, commander of another ship of the same name put it, "History will never forget the name Enterprise"

there is an incredible lineage to this name in real life. the name Enterprise, or Enterprize, has been used by vessels in both the United States Navy and the Royal Navy throughout history. in fact, a vessel named Enterprise helped defeat the British in the battle of Lake Erie during the Revolutionary war. later, another ship named Enterprise participated in the war with the Barbary Corsairs. during World War II, the Aircraft Carrier USS Enterprise (CV6) wasn't the only fighting ship to bear this prestigous name. HMS Enterprise was an Emerald class cruiser, though I do not know of her battle record. EJP's wife actually served aboard the most recent incarnation of the Enterprise, and was a member of the crew on the morning of 11 September, 2001. the Enterprise CVN-65 turned all about and headed back to the South China Sea. May the name Enterprise resonate throughout history.

EJP's wife actually served aboard the most recent incarnation of the Enterprise, and was a member of the crew on the morning of 11 September, 2001. the Enterprise CVN-65 turned all about and headed back to the South China Sea.

That's right, Julie was on the Enterprise at the time. all I have to say about the Enterprise, either incarnation, is a qoute from Dr. McCoy in STVI:

My god that's a big ship!