Sign in to follow this  
Smith_2.0

This has been bugging me...

Can someone please explain to me why everyone uses these stupid "Click For Spoiler" links all the time?

It's really annoying to try reading a forum topic and then have to constantly click on these things all the time. Especially since most of the time people don't even use them to post actual spoilers. So far, most of the people i see using it just make regualr posts but they make you clikc the thing anyway.

Example:

Moments ago i was reading the "Thoughts on Strategem", the topic discussion of last nights Enterprise episode. Everyone in the post with spoiler links and i have to ask why? If someone hasnt seen the episode yet there should be no reason for them to go in there, and if you have seen it then theres no reason for spoiler warning.

I could be nitpicking... and i realize im new here but ive been in a lot of internet forums and ive never seen one where "spoiler warnings" were an everyday occurence like this.

We (well at least I) think it's one of our greatest features here.

Lots of people see ENT before I do (west coast) and them using the spoiler feature allows me to skim ENT threads which may include spoilers and read things like "it was good or not" without accidentally seeing things I dont want to know before the show airs.

Click for Spoiler:

It's also good for concealing joke punch lines, extra large sigs & big user posted images that would cause the boards to warp without them.

random_image.gif

SEE?

I love the spoiler option! And Alterego's right, they can get a feel for the episode without having the plot given away. Not to mention the picture threads load so much faster when the pics are in spoilers.

Can someone please explain to me why everyone uses these stupid "Click For Spoiler" links all the time?

STUPID :) Are you mad i think they are" SUPER COOL"

It shows how hard working the people are who run this site!!! ;)

Edited by hangon

the spoilers are definately a good thing for most people. me i dont care if i hear something that im not supposed to its still not the same as seeing it, but i respect everyone elses desire to not read about it before their time. so its a good thing.

Guest Ktrek

I agree that the spoiler feature is a good thing. Many forums require you to at least post in the title "May Contain Spoilers". This feature just allows you to hide it and anyone can read most messages and choose to not open the spoiler if they have not seen the episode yet. Besides it take 0.00000012345678 seconds to click and unless you're an android it can't seem like an eternity! ;) :) ;)

Ktrek

Edited by Ktrek

Using the Spoiler feature is actually a "rule" when posting about new episodes if any part of the plot is given. In fact I believe most people would prefer that others use the spoiler when giving any information about the episode out other then the general "I Loved it" or "I hated it" kind of thing.

It's also a rule to use the spoiler for large pictures as Alterego showed in his post. Without it, any large pictures would distort the screen and make posting less convenient.

I view the Spoiler feature as one of the most "important" modifications I've installed on the board.

I think its a great ...I wouldn't want to be responsible for ruining a show for someone....and living in the west ENT is on 2 hours before other members see it.

Ya and since I have satellite along with living in the west, I can see Enterprise at 5:00 on Wednsdays. Up until season 3, a few stations even broadcasted the new episodes on Tuesdays.

:) What do you mean, "Stupid?" I think that it's considerate.

Oh yeah, but that's just me. ;)

I wondered what they were all about when I first came here, but now I think it's one of this place's best features. I like to read the ENT ep reviews to see whether the general consensus is good or bad without having to hear crucial plot points (if I haven't already seen it myself). ;)

<_< Lady, when you click to reply and the window shows up, click spoiler and type what you want in the box that appears (pop-up feature), and the rest is done automatically once you click 'Add Reply'. <_< Personally, i like the feature.