Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Building Starship Models

I've been thinking that I might want to build a few models. Not have a wall-full like some fans, but maybe just ones of my favorite ships like the Enterprise-E and Voyager.

As a starter, I'd like to do something like a shuttlecraft, Runabout, Delta Flyer, Captain's Yacht, something to that effect.

What do you guys think?

The only problem with that is I have heard that AMT the company that makes star trek models lost their licence and no longer makes them. I have been trying to call them on the number that I have found on my model boxes but so far I have only got a busy signal. If you can find any please do. Building them is fun.

I think you should do a delta flyer model. I've tried creating models of ships as well, however, mine are 3d computer models lol. I dont' have enough artistic ability to make actual models. Well, good luck!

Im glad you asked our advice on this, because building plastic models does require a lot of commitment. It's not just something you can go out and do overnight. I have often thought about it myself, but just dont know if I would have the skill and dedication to complete such a momentous task as building a plastic model kit. What to choose? And then there's the glue - oh my. Well. I would say, as a fellow ponderer of plastic model kit building, just go for it! What the 'heck'. Why not? :huh: