Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

A comment on Scott Bakula

FYI

What is the atmosphere like on the set? Are the cast members one big happy family? "With people coming together from different places, it takes some time. But Scott Bakula sets the tone for everything, as he did in the first read-through. He has created a family. He set a tone for working on the show, and so you go there every day, and we're professional and light. We enjoy ourselves. I think that he's taught all of us, who haven't done this as much as he has, how to proceed in this business and stay sane, and to encourage relationships. Him being around has made the show better and I think that him being around has made every actor on the show better…He makes fun of everyone, and he does it in such a wonderful, positive, light way. And we all make fun of each other And - y'know what - that would not have been okay for a while if we'd never had him around to show us that that's how you work together that's how you gel as an ensemble. I think that them bringing him on the show was a stroke of genius for the rest of us

The Great Link

Just found another quote

connortrinneer.com

What is it like working with Scott Bakula?  I think Scott Bakula is one of the greatest people I have known. He has an understanding of self and his job and a love for his family that we could all hope for in the best of scenarios. He has, and continues to, set the tone for our show and for how to behave. He is just a good person who does his job exceedingly well and who has respect for everybody and, therefore, he gets the greatest respect from everyone. He would be the captain of anything he did!
Edited by TheUnicornHunter

Scott Bakula impressed me as being grounded and thoughtful in the interviews I have seen him in. That he should contribute to creating an excellent work environment, a family-like atmosphere, seems consitent with what I have seen.

His kindness and professionalism ooze from the screen with every performance. It's one of the reasons I am such a big fan of his. He has such depths of emotion in his eyes, it makes you truly feel for the character he is playing. It doesn't surprise me that he is such a great man off set.

Since I've surfed the internet on Scott Bakula I never found any bad word about him. These words from Trineer perfectly fit to what I've read. What a nice way to describe a colleague.

Anyway I could read those statements all day. They brighten my day.

I have the Quantum Leap handbook and the comment there are similar. Scott Bakula seems to inspire a great deal of respect from everyone he works with.

He's a first-class bloke

Anyway I could read those statements all day. They brighten my day

I agree, Stardreamer. Both Connor and Scott are nice, down to Earth guys, (no pun intended!), who are both very gifted actors. :o

I agree Scott seems like a truly wonderful person. Although on the show as a whole for me the cast don't come across like as much of a family as the TNG crew, I would certainly put Archer down as the most paternal of the captains they have had. That is of course until season three came along.