Sign in to follow this  
removed

Batman: Intimidation

It's official. The name for the next Batman film, Batman 5 if you will, is Batman: Intimidation. Pretty bad name if you ask me. I hope Robin or Batgirl aren't in it. Ugh. And it better not be like Batman and Robin because that was garbage. I want it to be dark and stylized like the first two.

Oh don't get me wrong. The only superhero movies I've ever liked are Batman and Batman Returns. Other than that I HATE SUPER HERO MOVIES. Especially Spider-man. (Sorry CJLP. Lol). But I have a thread of hope for Batman 5 AS LONG as it goes back to the original Tim Burton style gothic darknness that was so great in the first two. The 3rd and 4th films were crap, but I think they may have gotten the message and go back to what made it successful.

It could never beat Batman forever!

Batman Forever?? You have got to be the only person I've ever met that likes that one, ARMS. Lol. I only like the first two.

i only like the first two.

'Batman' and 'Batman Returns' were dark, violent and stylish.

'Batman Forever' and 'Batman and Robin' were based on the campy old TV series and were crap.

The new movie sounds better. Christopher Nolan will get things back on track.

As for titles, 'Batman Intimidation' sounds OK, I guess, but I'd prefer something like 'Batman: The Dark Knight'.

BATMAN SUCKS.

......................................................................................................................

:frusty:you wanna ride with Batman then have a snickers

If the title refers to the way Batman is in his reincarnation, (i.e. The Dark Knight Returns, a graphic novel by Frank Herbert) then this could be the best one yet. To those not familiar with that book, it was the inspiration for the first Batman movie and showed an extremely dark side to the Batman Character. A hero who was not above playing by the rules of the underworld and was more than happy to break your arms and legs to get the information he needed. It's still available and I recommend it to all who would like to see a more human and scary Batman then you've ever seen before. This is truer to the Bob Kane original idea for the character before it got all twisted in the 1950's and 60's. This was a man you would be scared of upon seeing and to see him dangle a criminal by his neck over the edge of a building and then letting him fall when he he got what he wanted still gives me shivers. This is not your fathers Batman and hopefully that will be the charater portrayed in the movie.

That's exactaly the kind of rage and anger I'd expect to see in a film set in time just after he became Batman, I'd like very much to see that done xenexian.

This was a man you would be scared of upon seeing and to see him dangle a criminal by his neck over the edge of a building and then letting him fall when he he got what he wanted still gives me shivers.  This is not your fathers Batman and hopefully that will be the charater portrayed in the movie.

In the first Batman, he wasn't beyond doing that. In fact he did hang a bad guy by his neck. But I agree that Batman has gotten more of a friendly neighbourhood superhero. I want a dark Batman. A troubled Batman.

Yes bysty he did do that (not drop the guy) in #1 but that happens later in the evolution of the character. What xenexian is talking about (if true) occurs before part 1, a prequel more than a sequel but potentially a prequel with teeth. Imo.

Actually, "The Dark Knight Returns", graphic novel takes place at a time when Batman disapeared from Gotham city for an unspecified time. When he returns years (?) later, it becomes obvious that this Batman has some serious behaviorial problems, very schizoid, almost as bad as the criminals themselves, and in some cases, more so. A lot of rage and anger and very little mercy, almost none. Even the cops were scared of him except the older ones who understood that his methods were what they could not use and were more than willing to let Batman beat the snot out of the bad guys. very much a good cop, bad cop scenario.

Keep Jim Carey away from it!!! Cat woman should return. They had great chemistry: the troubled baddie and the disturbed crime fighter - both just out for a fight. I love Tim Burton films. I heard a rumour that Jack Nicholson would be back. Those two baddies would be great, with maybe a new one thrown in for good measure. A bit like that evil cook guy. I dont know. Gotham was GOTHic and should remain so. Multi coloured light etc are terrible. I have heard though, that the tone will be as per the 60s series... :rofl:

I have heard though, that the tone will be as per the 60s series... :rofl:

Putting The Black Knight into a post Batman & Robin time frame??

If this is true then that would so totally destroy the film franchise that words can't express it.

They CAN'T take the character back in time to explore it's more primitive roots while at the same time placing the character further ahead in the timeline.

Whose the hacks responsible for this travesty???